Windows 10: The beautiful background that I have chosen has "film" look

Discus and support The beautiful background that I have chosen has "film" look in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The beautiful background that I have chosen has "filmy" look on it now. This past weekend my daughter and her husband were using my computer and now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DianaLR, Aug 6, 2019.

1. DianaLR Win User

The beautiful background that I have chosen has "film" look

The beautiful background that I have chosen has "filmy" look on it now. This past weekend my daughter and her husband were using my computer and now it has that look. I have tried personalisation. I also tried some other settings that adjusted the light on it, but that had no affect. I'm not great at these things so I would really appreciate some help.

:)

DianaLR, Aug 6, 2019

2. Calculator, Settings, Xbox and Films & TV running in background

I decided not to call this a question because I feel this is normal and not some kind of bug.

This was only brought to my attention after I installed ObjectDock, but for some reason the programs listed above started randomly running in the background for no apparent reason. I had not used Calculator or Films & TV throughout my entire session, but
    I had used Xbox and Settings occasionally.

I have no idea why, or what kind of benefit it brings. I just find it interesting that these specific applications are running in the background.

Above: Random applications running in the background. When picture was taken, Films & TV were not running in the background.

totallyunfocusedbro, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Aug 6, 2019
  4. xIainx Win User

Films & TV App

Hi Justine,

thank you for helping me. I followed the steps that you outlined in your reply, but when I reached step 3 a small frame opened, however, I could not edit to remove the device. This was display only. The document appears to be saying you can only remove a
    device by logging in to that device.

For your info I am running Windows 10 Pro in S mode. version 1803 OS build 17134.254.

In the support documents is says:-

How to see your devices

To find out how which and how many devices are currently associated with the Films & TV app:

1. Start the Films & TV app.
    2. Go to Settings and tap or click Show my download devices.The pop-up window will display the various devices to which you can download your purchases.
    How to remove a device

Note You can only remove one device every 30 days.

To remove a device:

1. Sign in to the device that you want to remove.
    2. Start the Films & TV app.
    3. Go to Settings and tap or click Download devices.
    4. Tap or click Remove this device.

Many thanks

xIainx, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

1. The beautiful background that I have chosen has "film" look - Similar Threads - beautiful background chosen

2. Look for the deleted background pictures.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Look for the deleted background pictures.: I have two devices and my background pictures are stored in device A. They are synced to device B. I accidentally deleted all of them in device A in the process of reinstalling my Windows, but I can still see those backgrounds in device B when I use it. I can only see my...
  3. Look for the deleted background pictures.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Look for the deleted background pictures.: I have two devices and my background pictures are stored in device A. They are synced to device B. I accidentally deleted all of them in device A in the process of reinstalling my Windows, but I can still see those backgrounds in device B when I use it. I can only see my...
  4. Look for the deleted background pictures.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I love the beautiful backgrounds windows 10 provides everytime I startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I love the beautiful backgrounds windows 10 provides everytime I startup: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Annoying_Prick [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/yo9542/i_love_the_beautiful_backgrounds_windows_10/
  6. Aero is beautiful

Aero is beautiful: I loved Aero! it was Comforting. Windows 10 UI is like a trip through the backrooms where everything is the same madness of Mono-Yellow over & over again. Windows 10 is very uncustomizable & I think it should be just as customizable as Minecraft. Windows 10 feels like it...
  7. beautiful just look for them to see

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    beautiful just look for them to see: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ang3LGamer444yt [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kz7zac/beautiful_just_look_for_them_to_see/
  8. all pictures in window 10 look like film negatives

all pictures in window 10 look like film negatives: how is this corrected ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-pictures-in-window-10-look-like-film-negatives/ee57d543-eb47-4597-a751-61804ae964fe
  9. Not all photos in chosen folder appear in my background slideshow

Not all photos in chosen folder appear in my background slideshow: I like to choose a pictures folder for my background slideshow, but not all the photos in my chosen folder appear on my desktop. then, I noticed that a picture that I have deleted from that folder, is still appearing on the desktop. Is there a limited number of photos allowed...
  10. Calculator, Settings, Xbox and Films & TV running in background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Calculator, Settings, Xbox and Films & TV running in background: I decided not to call this a question because I feel this is normal and not some kind of bug. This was only brought to my attention after I installed ObjectDock, but for some reason the programs listed above started randomly running in the background for no apparent reason....