Windows 10: The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed

Discus and support The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] AV-TEST performs new series of tests for Windows 10 A new series of tests performed by German institute AV-TEST in September and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Nov 23, 2015.

1. The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed

The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed [​IMG]

Read more: The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed

:)

Cluster Head, Nov 23, 2015
  2. grschinon Win User

The best antivirus for the X6 32g

Exactly. The best antivirus out there for any Symbian phone is plain old common sense!

grschinon, Nov 23, 2015
  3. CJLim Win User
    The best antivirus for the X6 32g

I suggest you have a look at the link below before deciding on paying for anti virus software.

CJLim, Nov 23, 2015
  4. bobfrost Win User

The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed

I would imagine that if MS produced a world-beating AV program, it would get hammered by the EU etc for putting the other poor competitors out of business, just as it has done with its browser etc. So if I were in MS shoes, I would deliberately make my AV less powerful, but still useful, to avoid yet more litigation!

Bob frost

bobfrost, Nov 23, 2015
  5. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Hmm. Av-Test is german. Avira is german. Coincidence? *chuckle

eLPuSHeR, Nov 23, 2015
  6. The best anti-virus is you.

wordsworth, Nov 23, 2015
  7. In Germany Avira is very often used as a Free Version. But there are no hardcore / heavy user.
    They prefer: Avast, Eset, Kaspersky, Bitdefender.

Cluster Head, Nov 23, 2015
  8. dencal Win User

After a let down using Defender, am a very happy Avira user, (apart from the nag nag update to a paid version) but I can live with that.

dencal, Nov 23, 2015
  9. Lekden Win User
    Any clue how they're measuring performance?

Obviously the most important of their three criteria is protection, in which case they rate ten products equally with full marks (Avira, Bitdefender, Kapersky, Symantec, F-Secure, Tend Micro, AHN Lab, AVG, MicroWorld, Panda Security).

For me I suppose Performance is next important, though for others it might be Usability, in which case the only one of the above list that doesn't *also* have a perfect score in Usability would be AHN Lab.

Meaning that from a Protection and Usability perspective, those are more or less equal. Performance then changes things... so how do they determine it? Background processes sucking RAM? Something like this? I mean, this is what the AV-Test website has to say, but it is not especially helpful: Test Module - Performance (System Load) | AV-TEST

I have always been happy with AVG, but I am also always looking to squeeze more performance out of my machine. So basically I am wondering what kind of difference a 4.5 Performance rank has from a 6... THAT is what I really want to know...

Lekden, Nov 24, 2015
  10. dalchina New Member
    Which survived the Nov upgrade?
    Bitdefender AV protection was broken (32 bit and 64 bit installations), had to be repaired- pretty much = reinstalled.
    That loses any user exceptions, which have to be manually set up again (it often detects my small ahk compiled scripts, despite reporting this several times).

dalchina, Nov 24, 2015
  11. On all my PC's it auto-reinstalled after the Windows Update reboot, and I didn't lose any settings. I was quite impressed because I knew that it would need to be updated and had planned on doing the required re-install myself. There was a minor glitch with the Firewall settings, but that happens with regular BD updates anyway.

SylenThunder, Nov 25, 2015
  12. Winuser Win User
    IMHO there is no best. Every different test gets different results. On my lap top and desktop running Win 10 RTM I use Eset Smart Security and never had a proble. On my wife's laptop running Windows 10 RTM and my desktop running Windows 10 Insider build I use Windows Defender and never had a problem. When it comes to antivirus programs it's all a matter of personal choice.

Winuser, Nov 25, 2015
  13. linw Win User

But do any of them stop PUPs? These are overwhelmingly what I see clogging up people's machines nowadays.

14. eLPuSHeR Win User
    As far as I know very few AV programs stop PUPs. Unfortunately. *Confused

eLPuSHeR, Nov 25, 2015
  15. Tony K Win User
    Gawd! Another AV thread. IMO this is always the best answer. Don't install crap, watch email attachments, and watch where one surfs.

How can they since it's a crap program people consent to by installing other crap? Therefore it's registered as a legit program.

I use Defender. Never a problem. Besides any other AV would slow this old Acer down to a crawl. I don't think I would run any other AV on any other system either.

Tony K, Nov 25, 2015
Thema:

1. The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed - Similar Threads - Best Antivirus Revealed

2. Which antivirus is the best for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which antivirus is the best for Windows 10: I have reinstalled a new fresh window 10 in my PC after my pc was infected by a ransom virus UYJH I recovered some of my files using a stellar data recovery I formatted all partitions just I have finished the recovery process I checked my pc many times using different removal...
  3. which is the best antivirus for windows 10.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    which is the best antivirus for windows 10.: i want to install an antivirus which protects my pc from online downloading viruses. check this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/which-is-the-best-antivirus-for-windows-10/d1da7cff-5f30-4bef-9f97-95e4a85ce7b6
  4. Best antivirus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best antivirus?: In your opinion, which program is the best antivirus for windows? Paid or not paid. submitted by /u/fermarx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iv2oiz/best_antivirus/
  5. Best antivirus program for Windows 10?

Best antivirus program for Windows 10?: I'm looking for the best antivirus program for Windows 10, and on the Internet there are numerous comparisons with always different results. Maybe someone can help me with this. Bestes Antivirenprogramm für Windows 10?
  6. Best antivirus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best antivirus?: I'm pretty careful on the web but I know I'm not immune to viruses. I currently use Windows Defender as my traditional antivirus and occasional scans from Malwarebytes Free to catch more advanced malware that Defender might miss. Is there anything wrong with this setup? I've...
  7. Best antivirus for Windows 10 64?

Best antivirus for Windows 10 64?: I know that's a bit vague, given the number of ways antivirus can be 'good' and 'bad' but what I'd word it as is: What do you guys use? Are any of the commercial products truly trustworthy? Aren't the big site reviews just an influenced ad for the products which win...
  8. best antivirus

best antivirus: I am just using windows defender and malware bytes.I there a better anti-virus program that does not use a lot of rescources that someone could suggest thanks ,jason 106844
  9. Best antivirus?

Best antivirus?: I have read through thread and I don't see any big group agreeing on one. I know I don't like Norton, been using avp... which is best? 52140
  10. Best antivirus for Windows 10

Best antivirus for Windows 10: Hello, I have a question regarding antivirus programs on windows 10 - though this will also extend to windows 7 and windows 8.1. My new windows 10 laptop came preinstalled with McAfee, and the trial has almost expired - hence, I uninstalled McAfee because it likes to...