Windows 10: The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed

Discus and support The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; have win 10 for 3 months and use only defender no issues Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Cromax Win User

The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed

have win 10 for 3 months and use only defender no issues

Cromax, Nov 26, 2015
  2. swarfega Win User

@jimbo, your idea is sound if someone knows their stuff, but if you take an 80 year old granny for instance, she won't have a clue what's safe or not, same with new users.

swarfega, Nov 26, 2015
  3. JohnBurns Win User
    Hold on there, swarfega - I may not be a "granny", but I am 80 years old and take some issue with your inference about the ability of "old" people.

JohnBurns, Nov 26, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

Me too (well not 80 but close enough) but not old, only experienced !!!

CountMike, Nov 26, 2015
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    Wow, so that make you a grampy then?? Hey I am only teasing ya, I am just a young 65 year old. But I don't care how old a person is, having some tools on your OS to check and defend against virus's and pup's IS NEVER a bad thing!!! Programs like Malwarebytes, and HitmanPro or others like these are just not for in-experienced users, old people, kids, at all. Its for anyone who wants to have the needed Tools on their machine to protect, or check their computer for malware or virus's. I know lots of VERY experienced members on here, that have some of these same programs. I see nothing wrong with added protection if that's what a person wants to have. *Smile

OldMike65, Nov 26, 2015
  6. My guess is that a good Dns such as ConnectSafeDns or OpenDns, uac keep on alaways and Defender especially under Windows 10 is enough to avoid any issues.

red5goahead, Nov 26, 2015
  7. CountMike New Member
    Guess again, some people that I know could disconnect from internet, lock themselves in an empty room and still catch a virus !!!

CountMike, Nov 26, 2015
  8. OldMike65 Win User

ok.....can't help myself.... *Roflmao2*Roflmao2

OldMike65, Nov 26, 2015
  9. Seriously? *Biggrin

10. CountMike New Member
    Wouldn't believe how many infestations I had to clean on computers not on internet. Worst offenders are USB sticks plugged into school computers and ones that carry them to printers and photo developers.
    Here's a good small program that I activate when somebody brings USB stick: MCShield ::Anti-Malware Tool::

CountMike, Nov 26, 2015
  11. About your experience are those infestations caused by zero-day virus or well-knows ones?

The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed [​IMG]

Inho these results about Defender are very good for "widespread and prevalet" threats at least

12. Leopard Win User
    There are 20, 30 and 40 year old men and women who know nothing about basic safe computing; worse: they don't give a damn. Check out their smartphones and what they do there. Granny bashing is sexist and mean spirited.

Leopard, Nov 26, 2015
  13. CountMike New Member

All kinds and not only viruses, how the heck could I remember all ? Actually, with internet connected computers PUPs, advertisements, browser redirection and toolbars are worst offenders.

CountMike, Nov 26, 2015
  14. i have tried many different suppliers over the years, but keep going back to Norton IS as its never given any of my pc's any issues, cant say the same for kaspersky, bitdefender, trend and mcafee

SchrodingersCat, Nov 26, 2015
  15. Cough...................Atishoo. Grabs tissue. I don't know what you mean!........................................Oh i see. Sniff.

Sorry just had to. *Roflmao2

thegeriatric, Nov 27, 2015
Thema:

1. The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed - Similar Threads - Best Antivirus Revealed

2. Which antivirus is the best for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which antivirus is the best for Windows 10: I have reinstalled a new fresh window 10 in my PC after my pc was infected by a ransom virus UYJH I recovered some of my files using a stellar data recovery I formatted all partitions just I have finished the recovery process I checked my pc many times using different removal...
  3. which is the best antivirus for windows 10.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    which is the best antivirus for windows 10.: i want to install an antivirus which protects my pc from online downloading viruses. check this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/which-is-the-best-antivirus-for-windows-10/d1da7cff-5f30-4bef-9f97-95e4a85ce7b6
  4. Best antivirus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best antivirus?: In your opinion, which program is the best antivirus for windows? Paid or not paid. submitted by /u/fermarx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iv2oiz/best_antivirus/
  5. Best antivirus program for Windows 10?

Best antivirus program for Windows 10?: I'm looking for the best antivirus program for Windows 10, and on the Internet there are numerous comparisons with always different results. Maybe someone can help me with this. Bestes Antivirenprogramm für Windows 10?
  6. Best antivirus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best antivirus?: I'm pretty careful on the web but I know I'm not immune to viruses. I currently use Windows Defender as my traditional antivirus and occasional scans from Malwarebytes Free to catch more advanced malware that Defender might miss. Is there anything wrong with this setup? I've...
  7. Best antivirus for Windows 10 64?

Best antivirus for Windows 10 64?: I know that's a bit vague, given the number of ways antivirus can be 'good' and 'bad' but what I'd word it as is: What do you guys use? Are any of the commercial products truly trustworthy? Aren't the big site reviews just an influenced ad for the products which win...
  8. best antivirus

best antivirus: I am just using windows defender and malware bytes.I there a better anti-virus program that does not use a lot of rescources that someone could suggest thanks ,jason 106844
  9. Best antivirus?

Best antivirus?: I have read through thread and I don't see any big group agreeing on one. I know I don't like Norton, been using avp... which is best? 52140
  10. Best antivirus for Windows 10

Best antivirus for Windows 10: Hello, I have a question regarding antivirus programs on windows 10 - though this will also extend to windows 7 and windows 8.1. My new windows 10 laptop came preinstalled with McAfee, and the trial has almost expired - hence, I uninstalled McAfee because it likes to...