Windows 10: The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed

Discus and support The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I've been using this guy since v3. I think it was the robot logo that sold me, LMAO. I feel safe knowing that Sonny "NS-5" is watching over me. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Nov 23, 2015.

1. The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed

I've been using this guy since v3. I think it was the robot logo that sold me, LMAO.
    I feel safe knowing that Sonny "NS-5" is watching over me.
    But I actually really do like the software *Smile

The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed [​IMG]

heyyahblah, Nov 27, 2015

2. OK..so let me see if I'm interpreting these Anti-Virus ratings properly. If 10 viruses are directed at a machine running Avira, it will stop 6 of them..and 4 get through? Avast stops 5 and misses 5? So Avira is 10% better than Avast, which means no real-world meaningful difference. Right?

AllenChicago, Nov 27, 2015
  3. Atomic77 Win User
    NORTON 360 the coolest antivirus program in the world. *Thumbs

Atomic77, Nov 27, 2015
  4. jimbo45 Win User

The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed

Hi there

BMW, Audi, Merc or Push bike.

Macbook, PC or Abacus.

Tesco, Sainsbury's. Morrisons or Aldi.

IPhone, Samsung, or two cans and a bit of string.

Football, NFL, Rugby, Cricket or jogging.

Yawn oh Yawn.

These types of threads have been done ad nauseam and usually don't impart any useful imformation --usually the posters preferences, often a lot of unscientific bias, irrelevant statistics and generally a lot mis-information.

Read how W10 really works - it's a lot different to previous OS'es and understand where MODERN threats come from when people use the Internet --Software won't save you from a lot of scams that are used increasingly commonly now. Review how YOU use the net and THEN decide what protection you need. For some people simply the best would be Never use Email !!!.

The fact that someone has used XXXX for the past 20 years etc doesn't automatically make it GOOD or BAD either.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 27, 2015
  5. 200motels Win User
    For me Emsisoft is excellent along with careful downloading and browsing habits.

200motels, Nov 28, 2015
  6. LEE
    Lee Win User
    *Ditto*Ditto*Ditto

7. 200motels Win User
    Emsisoft anti malware stops pups.

200motels, Nov 28, 2015
  8. luarpc Win User

I´m using Bitdefender Total Security 2016 on Windows 10 with MalwareBytes PRO and MalwareBytes Anti-Exploit Premium and never had problems. For me is the best Antivirus!!
    The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed [​IMG]

luarpc, Nov 28, 2015
  9. Tony K Win User
    LOL, Lee! I see your dittoes raise you a *Ditto

These threads are also free ad campaigns for AV software. I bet they just love them. Every time I read them there’s always new ones. *Think

This is about it in a nutshell. Defender working at kernel level. Who would know more about the source code and the workings of Windows more than MS?

MS has a site solely dedicated to safety. Microsoft Internet Safety and Security Center

All I can say is I’ve been using Security Essentials in 7 since inception and then Defender when included in 8/8.1 along with Malwarebytes free. Also now with 10. Never a problem. Have I got infected? Sure, but caught with scans. I’ll still hold that the best solution is between our ears.

Tony K, Nov 28, 2015
  10. Scramjet Win User
    Same here... Been using NOD32 and now ESS for quite a while now. I feel safe but I also try to be careful while surfing the internet. Years ago some of my buddies bragged about other AV programs but some got hit and NOD32 protected me. That's why i stuck with it. Knocking-on-wood here *Smile

cheers

Scramjet, Nov 29, 2015
  11. djriful Win User
    EMSISOFT is the best one I am using so far from every others I've ran.

djriful, Nov 29, 2015
  12. mart44 Win User
    I'm not so sure about the effectiveness of AV programs these days so sandboxing is the primary defence from threats that might come via the browser (Cyberfox at present). Nonetheless, it is recommended on the Sandboxie site to have other layers of security in place as well, so I have. No need to say what these are because people have their own preferences.

mart44, Nov 29, 2015
  13. The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed

I had nothing but problems with BitDefender. I really wanted to like it based on all the positive reviews, but when I installed it on my Surface 3 it slowed it down to unbearable levels. It was so bad that even after uninstalling it I had to completely reset the Surface. Then on my main desktop websites were being blocked by BitDefender's firewall even after whitelisting them. The system, too, slowed down but not to the extent of my Surface. Uninstalling it was a pain because Windows Defender wouldn't even start up, so I had to manually dig in the registry and modify some files to get it working. Total pain in the butt.

I'm now sticking with Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Pro. I don't really go to any malicious sites anyway, so I feel safe going this route.

thunderclap, Nov 29, 2015
  14. Quoted for the truth. *Smile

z31fanatic, Nov 30, 2015
  15. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Hi and thank you Jim for making your point clear. . .I haven't used another anti-anti whatever since the start of the windows 10 insider program, and can say with truth that I have not had a virus or malware problem (or for that matter not even what folks are calling pups. . .not really sure what those are. . .*Smile).

Thema:

1. The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed - Similar Threads - Best Antivirus Revealed

2. Which antivirus is the best for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which antivirus is the best for Windows 10: I have reinstalled a new fresh window 10 in my PC after my pc was infected by a ransom virus UYJH I recovered some of my files using a stellar data recovery I formatted all partitions just I have finished the recovery process I checked my pc many times using different removal...
  3. which is the best antivirus for windows 10.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    which is the best antivirus for windows 10.: i want to install an antivirus which protects my pc from online downloading viruses. check this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/which-is-the-best-antivirus-for-windows-10/d1da7cff-5f30-4bef-9f97-95e4a85ce7b6
  4. Best antivirus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best antivirus?: In your opinion, which program is the best antivirus for windows? Paid or not paid. submitted by /u/fermarx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iv2oiz/best_antivirus/
  5. Best antivirus program for Windows 10?

Best antivirus program for Windows 10?: I'm looking for the best antivirus program for Windows 10, and on the Internet there are numerous comparisons with always different results. Maybe someone can help me with this. Bestes Antivirenprogramm für Windows 10?
  6. Best antivirus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best antivirus?: I'm pretty careful on the web but I know I'm not immune to viruses. I currently use Windows Defender as my traditional antivirus and occasional scans from Malwarebytes Free to catch more advanced malware that Defender might miss. Is there anything wrong with this setup? I've...
  7. Best antivirus for Windows 10 64?

Best antivirus for Windows 10 64?: I know that's a bit vague, given the number of ways antivirus can be 'good' and 'bad' but what I'd word it as is: What do you guys use? Are any of the commercial products truly trustworthy? Aren't the big site reviews just an influenced ad for the products which win...
  8. best antivirus

best antivirus: I am just using windows defender and malware bytes.I there a better anti-virus program that does not use a lot of rescources that someone could suggest thanks ,jason 106844
  9. Best antivirus?

Best antivirus?: I have read through thread and I don't see any big group agreeing on one. I know I don't like Norton, been using avp... which is best? 52140
  10. Best antivirus for Windows 10

Best antivirus for Windows 10: Hello, I have a question regarding antivirus programs on windows 10 - though this will also extend to windows 7 and windows 8.1. My new windows 10 laptop came preinstalled with McAfee, and the trial has almost expired - hence, I uninstalled McAfee because it likes to...