Windows 10: The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed

Discus and support The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Hmm. Av-Test is german. Avira is german. Coincidence? *chuckle Naaaa never! Where could you even get an idea like that from? All these reviews are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Nov 23, 2015.

1. The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed

Naaaa never! Where could you even get an idea like that from? All these reviews are totally unbiased like I could easily sell you the Brooklyn Bridge! *Roflmao2

That could be true! But that would mean you would have to stay offline rather then going on the web at all and become totally isolated! The best prevention however is having effective web filtering that blocks out any questionable sites when a good program detects potential coding for malwares.

I had just heard from a former Symantec security analyst who runs the free version of BitDefender about which he preferred. Funny how limited the reviews tend to be however on just how many av programs are looked at and always seem to miss some other actually better rated softwares?!

Night Hawk, Nov 30, 2015
  2. dencal Win User

QUOTE....This is about it in a nutshell. Defender working at kernel level. Who would know more about the source code and the workings of Windows more than MS?
    Don't make me laugh...Defender is about as much protection as a garden shed is against an atomic bomb.
    All this nonsense about kernel level didn't stop me downloading a highjack using Edge, Defender, Mbam and Mbam anti exploit.
    Infections do not only occur in the registry.

dencal, Nov 30, 2015
  3. dencal Win User
    QUOTE....This is about it in a nutshell. Defender working at kernel level. Who would know more about the source code and the workings of Windows more than MS?

Don't make me laugh...Defender is about as much protection as a garden shed is against an atomic bomb.
    All this nonsense about kernel level didn't stop me downloading a highjack using Edge, Defender, Mbam and Mbam anti exploit.
    Infections do not only occur in the registry.

dencal, Nov 30, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed

You can enable this for non enterprise versions by simply adding this registry key Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\MpEngine] "MpEnablePus"=dword:00000001[/quote] Windows mit verstecktem Adware-Killer | heise online

5. Cluster Head, Nov 30, 2015
  6. diggy33 Win User
    I've run Eset for a while now, and like it, alongside MBAM and MBAE.

diggy33, Nov 30, 2015
  7. And your brain....oh and watch those emails that you have no idea who its from but are driven to open.......

I do not think I have had a real virus [not malware] since G.W. Bush declared major combat operations in Iraq were over 12 years early..............*Cool

python134r, Nov 30, 2015
  8. The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed

Gee you have 20yrs. on me there! It actually doesn't even matter if you are just crawling out of the crib or have been at it for years since I see people that have been at it for a long time still depending too heavily on the same old programs that won't do much from the start anyways! Common sense will usually get you much further along then which programs you want to argue about!

As for the comparison ratings between programs seen in reviews the results are from controlled tests and just because some new bug arrives doesn't necessary trash the ratings system used for any reviews since the software companies simply have to work out the details for the newer definitions. That's where you know a program is worth keeping on or not when the support is there to begin! With GFI they put out special removers for those circumstances when something new does come along that needs special attention.

One reason for the life time license with the av/Internet security software here is that you can even put stuff that will automatically get flagged by the firewall as well as quarantined on the spot when going to open the folder where something new is downloaded to. If a download simply has the options for McAFail or the Yahoo or Google toolbars it's automatically put under lock and key until you bail the download out! Yet even the most complete program on the planet will never or could 100% fail proof! And never expect any to be!

Night Hawk, Nov 30, 2015
  9. It does not mean that you'd need to go off the grid; only that despite having backup systems in place, your first line of defense is to keep your mind diligent about best practices while using a computer and not simply while on the Web since other sources of trouble exist. My first home computer virus came long before the Web existed and from a once trusted floppy disk used at the workplace.

wordsworth, Nov 30, 2015
  10. azasadny Win User
    I've been using Windows Defender along with Malwarebytes Premium for a few years and it has served me well. I also exercise "common sense" and never open an email or click on a link that my father sends me!

azasadny, Nov 30, 2015
  11. That is one best practice. Especially if the father in question runs an iMac and thinks they're impervious to danger! Ha!

wordsworth, Nov 30, 2015
  12. MS specializes in redirection when arriving on most of their pages for anything! When you come across an MS page during a web search you have to click several times in succession in order to back track to the search engine results in order to move on or end up starting an entirely new search if you move on in the forward direction from MS.

On other occasions when hitting the back button you may see the page not loading screen where there may a refresh button to click on to reload the previous page. You tend to see this more on the secure sites with the "https://" not "http://" where the "S" represents secured. Most online vendors as well as other sites that have to maintain a security level will see this.

Additional toolbars even the ones supposedly security toolbars are mostly gimic ware addons! You won't need any adware or bots with any of those on since you already opened the flood gates! Besides malwares while viruses particular the worm type self replicate themselves by way of exploiting the email client's contacts list or address book to spread further by automated new mails posing as your own, those are typically the more advanced annoyances, the actual most annoying thing over the years not so mich any type of problem recently however is the pop up windows! Those drove everybody up the wall until popup blockers became a favorite addon! And that also lead to more exploits as they might be serving two masters? tracking your browser history as one exploit while stopping pop ups.

Common sense as well as having something that can actually filter malicious coding on some sites resulting in those being blocked entirely as well as browsing in a browser safe mode when going to check out some new sites if the browser sees that type of option will go much further in prevention. There never have been any 100% fail proof programs regardless of any version leaving any so called standardized test to an automatic error to start with. The reviewers never actually test these programs with the actual nightmare bugs that recode things in a flash and typically aimed at commercial or other sources and not private home pcs!

Night Hawk, Dec 1, 2015
  13. Davy49 Win User

Davy49, Dec 1, 2015
  14. in past years I would intentionally let a rather nasty worm loose in order to test just how well any program would work and sad to say didn't find so many that good. The updated versions for some of those not so good doers however has looked a bit more favorable in recent years simply since they invested in better filtering processes which will put a hammer down once something tries to spread.

Those are software types that will include their own form of firewall or process monitoring features over others however. They wouldn't allow the same bugs these days to run amock and recode loose files you have tucked away in different folder for self replication as you saw several years back as long as their definitions are updated on a regular basis.

Night Hawk, Dec 3, 2015
  15. I've happily used AVG FREE, since it was first released, years ago. It always did a great job of keeping my PC safe.
    But lately it's been getting so overloaded with popups and their own ads, that it was driving me nuts. So I used the AVG Removal Tool to remove it, and I re-engaged "Windows Defender". That's a much better program than it used to be. When used with a few more Anti-Spyware and Anti-Malware programs, a decent level of security can be attained.
    I've found "Super Anti-Spyware" to be a 'Must Have'. I use the FREE version. (of course) *Smile

Stay safe, and Happy Holidays!

*Cool

TechnoMage, Dec 3, 2015
Thema:

1. The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed - Similar Threads - Best Antivirus Revealed

2. Which antivirus is the best for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which antivirus is the best for Windows 10: I have reinstalled a new fresh window 10 in my PC after my pc was infected by a ransom virus UYJH I recovered some of my files using a stellar data recovery I formatted all partitions just I have finished the recovery process I checked my pc many times using different removal...
  3. which is the best antivirus for windows 10.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    which is the best antivirus for windows 10.: i want to install an antivirus which protects my pc from online downloading viruses. check this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/which-is-the-best-antivirus-for-windows-10/d1da7cff-5f30-4bef-9f97-95e4a85ce7b6
  4. Best antivirus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best antivirus?: In your opinion, which program is the best antivirus for windows? Paid or not paid. submitted by /u/fermarx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iv2oiz/best_antivirus/
  5. Best antivirus program for Windows 10?

Best antivirus program for Windows 10?: I'm looking for the best antivirus program for Windows 10, and on the Internet there are numerous comparisons with always different results. Maybe someone can help me with this. Bestes Antivirenprogramm für Windows 10?
  6. Best antivirus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best antivirus?: I'm pretty careful on the web but I know I'm not immune to viruses. I currently use Windows Defender as my traditional antivirus and occasional scans from Malwarebytes Free to catch more advanced malware that Defender might miss. Is there anything wrong with this setup? I've...
  7. Best antivirus for Windows 10 64?

Best antivirus for Windows 10 64?: I know that's a bit vague, given the number of ways antivirus can be 'good' and 'bad' but what I'd word it as is: What do you guys use? Are any of the commercial products truly trustworthy? Aren't the big site reviews just an influenced ad for the products which win...
  8. best antivirus

best antivirus: I am just using windows defender and malware bytes.I there a better anti-virus program that does not use a lot of rescources that someone could suggest thanks ,jason 106844
  9. Best antivirus?

Best antivirus?: I have read through thread and I don't see any big group agreeing on one. I know I don't like Norton, been using avp... which is best? 52140
  10. Best antivirus for Windows 10

Best antivirus for Windows 10: Hello, I have a question regarding antivirus programs on windows 10 - though this will also extend to windows 7 and windows 8.1. My new windows 10 laptop came preinstalled with McAfee, and the trial has almost expired - hence, I uninstalled McAfee because it likes to...