Windows 10: The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed

Discus and support The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I ran AVG for years but still found it lacked a great deal. The AVG Pro would be that company's better option over even their regular paid for 2yr.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Nov 23, 2015.

1. The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed

I ran AVG for years but still found it lacked a great deal. The AVG Pro would be that company's better option over even their regular paid for 2yr. deal. While the program has always been well written it unfortunately had been lacking what is seen offered elsewhere.

Overall most spyware and other removers only work after the fact and not before! This is why two leading factors always seem to come into play as far as having any actual preventative measures in place before the bugs arrive! The Common Sense factor will always be the Uno Numero #1 from the start regardless.

Your second of course as far as software is concerned is getting into one that does actually filter things on the web. Little add on filters can seem cozy but lack integration into the much more effective preventative as well as detection and removal program. When you have to shut things down in order to get onto an even totally safe site then you know an "Overprotective Nanny" is working overtime for you! And it doesn't have to cost a fortune either.

Night Hawk, Dec 3, 2015

2. Been there done that, but tried 360 Total Security Essentials instead. Basically a lighter version, take a look it may just be what you're looking for.

Free PC Protection Internet Security Software | 360 Total Security Essential

thegeriatric, Dec 3, 2015
  3. Wolffie Win User
    Since downloading Avira, my PC get gradually slower and slooower, only remedy is restarting *Sad
    Also, my screen keeps on freezing *Eek
    Not happy Jan

Wolffie, Dec 5, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed

I would just remove it and stick with Defender for now.

BunnyJ, Dec 5, 2015
  5. Davy49 Win User
    Hi All,
    So far anyway...Avira seems to be work pretty well for me, I haven't my ( computer's-Yes, I have the free version installed on more than one )to have had any slowing effect's on my system's. I like the ability to go into setting's and actually have some control over what the software does. As I stated previously..security is VERY much a "common sense" type of issue.
    David *Wink

Davy49, Dec 5, 2015
  6. Unless you plan on playing just about any MMO ever. Norton is the bane of every online gaming community because it's too invasive firewall will send your ping skyrocketing, and tends to corrupt the clients from false positives. Before 360 it was annoying because it killed system performance overall. They fixed that in 360, but made it more invasive.

BitDefender and AVG are on my top list. They detect pretty much whatever I throw at them, including malicious web code. Bitdefender has almost no impact on performance either.

SylenThunder, Dec 5, 2015
  7. BitDefender Free is what I was hearing about from a former Symantec security analyst. Norton previously having the Symantec System Works was like installing the Encyclopedia Britanica as far as how that was labeled as total bloatware! Yet the Norton Internet Security updated over the years seems to get much better hearsay.

Now for something non intrusive as far as resources that's where VIPRE comes in. It will show a quick popup notication when a schedduled scan starts and that's about it besides putting something into quarantine. You won't even notice it running with a video recording or pc gaming session going on as far as staying hidden in the background with very light feet!

Night Hawk, Dec 6, 2015
  8. The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed

Hi, I'm confused I was referring to Qihoo 360 TSE, not Norton. Unless I've totally mis-understood your message.

And I agree about Bitdefender free, unfortunately it is not compatible with Windows 10 (Yet?) Used to use AVG, had done for years, but recently found it comes with zen and other stuff installed I didn't want. *Smile

thegeriatric, Dec 6, 2015
  9. I am running Comodo Internet Security 2016 on my laptop now with windows 10 and it seems to be working fine. ran malware bytes free the other day to see if it found anything but nothing to be found.

pitbullpup, Dec 6, 2015
  10. drugo Win User
    hi
    i don't know how they have calculated performance
    i tried bitdefender and kaspersky , and they are not very fast compared to eset (real time engine)

i guess the point should be which av is most compatible with w10 , seeing at every update ,could be a compatibily problem

drugo, Dec 7, 2015
  11. drugo Win User
    hi
    does it feature an internal program update?
    or should be download a new version and installed?
    thanks

drugo, Dec 7, 2015
  12. matfx Win User
    I'm prefer bitdefender and mbam.

matfx, Dec 7, 2015
  13. The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed

It updates internally. When TR2 pushed out to my systems that weren't on the fast track, immediately after the update it alerted that it needed to be re-installed for compatibility, then proceeded to do so. Restarted, and everything was great. Settings kept and everything. I had to click a grand total of two boxes the entire process.

As for how they calculate performance, they use a test system with vanilla Windows and time how long it takes to perform certain actions under an exact setting and procedure. Then the same is done on a clean build with the AV product installed. They also test detection rates, customer service, and so on.

Based on those criteria, the best reviews I have found put them in the following order.

• Bitdefender Antivirus Plus
    • Kaspersky Anti-Virus
    • McAfee AntiVirus Plus
    • Norton Security
    • F-Secure Anti-Virus
    • Avira Antivirus Pro
    • Panda Antivirus Pro
    • Trend Micro Antivirus + Security
    • BullGuard Antivirus
    • eScan Anti-Virus
    • Avast! Pro Antivirus
    • AVG Anti-Virus
    • G Data AntiVirus
    • Norman Antivirus
    • ESET NOD32 Antivirus

Bitdefender has been the #1 position for about 3 years now. It does not currently come in with the smallest impact on system resources, but it excels in so many other areas that the small percentage is moot.
    From the guys that brought us Tom's Hardware, here's the most comprehensive and accurate review site I've come across in a long time.
    Top 10 Best Antivirus Software for 2016 - Top Ten Reviews

SylenThunder, Dec 7, 2015
  14. Inundated Win User
    The exact same for me (though I never had 8 or 8.1, went from 7 directly to 10).

I am exceedingly careful about what links I follow and what files I download.

Inundated, Dec 8, 2015
  15. Anyone can recommend just a good Firewall?
    I find AntiVirus software to be a pain and slow things down.
    I have also found that just use a spare computer to scan programs for malware then send them to my main which runs smooth as a Dolphin after they've been cleared of charges.

Richard Shank, Dec 10, 2015
Thema:

The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed

1. The Best Antivirus for Windows 10 Revealed - Similar Threads - Best Antivirus Revealed

2. Which antivirus is the best for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which antivirus is the best for Windows 10: I have reinstalled a new fresh window 10 in my PC after my pc was infected by a ransom virus UYJH I recovered some of my files using a stellar data recovery I formatted all partitions just I have finished the recovery process I checked my pc many times using different removal...
  3. which is the best antivirus for windows 10.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    which is the best antivirus for windows 10.: i want to install an antivirus which protects my pc from online downloading viruses. check this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/which-is-the-best-antivirus-for-windows-10/d1da7cff-5f30-4bef-9f97-95e4a85ce7b6
  4. Best antivirus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best antivirus?: In your opinion, which program is the best antivirus for windows? Paid or not paid. submitted by /u/fermarx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iv2oiz/best_antivirus/
  5. Best antivirus program for Windows 10?

Best antivirus program for Windows 10?: I'm looking for the best antivirus program for Windows 10, and on the Internet there are numerous comparisons with always different results. Maybe someone can help me with this. Bestes Antivirenprogramm für Windows 10?
  6. Best antivirus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best antivirus?: I'm pretty careful on the web but I know I'm not immune to viruses. I currently use Windows Defender as my traditional antivirus and occasional scans from Malwarebytes Free to catch more advanced malware that Defender might miss. Is there anything wrong with this setup? I've...
  7. Best antivirus for Windows 10 64?

Best antivirus for Windows 10 64?: I know that's a bit vague, given the number of ways antivirus can be 'good' and 'bad' but what I'd word it as is: What do you guys use? Are any of the commercial products truly trustworthy? Aren't the big site reviews just an influenced ad for the products which win...
  8. best antivirus

best antivirus: I am just using windows defender and malware bytes.I there a better anti-virus program that does not use a lot of rescources that someone could suggest thanks ,jason 106844
  9. Best antivirus?

Best antivirus?: I have read through thread and I don't see any big group agreeing on one. I know I don't like Norton, been using avp... which is best? 52140
  10. Best antivirus for Windows 10

Best antivirus for Windows 10: Hello, I have a question regarding antivirus programs on windows 10 - though this will also extend to windows 7 and windows 8.1. My new windows 10 laptop came preinstalled with McAfee, and the trial has almost expired - hence, I uninstalled McAfee because it likes to...