Windows 10: The best way to find out why my hard drive is full?

Discus and support The best way to find out why my hard drive is full? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; My hard drive on my Windows 10 computer is full, although I have hardly any programs installed. How do I find large files and folders fastest, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by AndreeAB, Jul 14, 2020.

1. AndreeAB Win User

The best way to find out why my hard drive is full?

My hard drive on my Windows 10 computer is full, although I have hardly any programs installed. How do I find large files and folders fastest, I have no idea what to do. This must be some kind of mistake.

:)

AndreeAB, Jul 14, 2020

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Mathragh Win User
    Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Jul 14, 2020
  4. The best way to find out why my hard drive is full?

DavidBaileyyz, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

The best way to find out why my hard drive is full?

1. The best way to find out why my hard drive is full? - Similar Threads - best find why

2. Why is my hard drive full??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my hard drive full??: My hard drive is showing full but I only have minimal apps downloaded. When I look at my storage breakdown it says I have 82gb of apps and features downloaded. What is listed doesn't equal 10gb much less 80. Where is all my memory at?? Thanks in advance....
  3. Why is my hard drive full??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my hard drive full??: My hard drive is showing full but I only have minimal apps downloaded. When I look at my storage breakdown it says I have 82gb of apps and features downloaded. What is listed doesn't equal 10gb much less 80. Where is all my memory at?? Thanks in advance....
  4. Why is my hard drive full??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Full hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Full hard drive: I recently received a warning that my hard drive was full. My laptop is a HP 255 G3, which I understood had 5 GB RAM and 500 GB memory. When I checked storage it showed Local Disk C: - 930 GB and that over 860 GB was taken over by Apps & features. I have done some...
  6. Full hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full hard drive: I recently received a warning that my hard drive was full. My laptop is a HP 255 G3, which I understood had 5 GB RAM and 500 GB memory. When I checked storage it showed Local Disk C: - 930 GB and that over 860 GB was taken over by Apps & features. I have done some...
  7. One drive full, but can't find out why

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive full, but can't find out why: My Onedrive says it is full 10gb, but when I go to storage metrics to remove files it only shows around 2gb.As shown below.I tried to disconnect and reconnect my computer several times, but that did not help.Hope someone can help me....
  8. What's the best way to backup a full drive before I format it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's the best way to backup a full drive before I format it?: I have an old OS drive that I'd like to nuke, but I want to backup the OS to a drive in case I ever need to access it. I'd love to keep the boot information in case I need to actually boot into the OS. If I can't do that, it's not the end of the world. Should I use the...
  9. Whats the best way to deal with bad sectors in hard drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Whats the best way to deal with bad sectors in hard drive?: My hard drive used to have a bit of freeze on opening some of the files so I decided to run a chkdsk /f via CMD. That converted my disc to dynamic somehow and it wouldnt even let me boot to windows. Anyway after installing EaseUS partition master I was able to turn my hard...
  10. Best Way To Copy Hard Drives on Win10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Best Way To Copy Hard Drives on Win10: I have Win10 and a 2 Terabyte external drive. I want to hang small old drives off the machine and copy their contents (200G, 100G, stuff like that) to that 2 Tera drive so's I can then wipe them and perhaps use them for other purposes. Windows copy seems uncertain. I...