Windows 10: The best working antivirus program for windows 10 RTM

Discus and support The best working antivirus program for windows 10 RTM in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What is the best working antivrius program to windows 10 rtm??? 8945 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Latram, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Latram Win User

The best working antivirus program for windows 10 RTM

What is the best working antivrius program to windows 10 rtm???

:)

Latram, Jul 24, 2015

2. What is the best antivirus, malware, spyware program for Windows 10?

Defender will be just fine and protect you.

seahawks65, Jul 24, 2015
  3. What is the best antivirus, malware, spyware program for Windows 10?

AV testing was once limited to establishing a baseline protection-level that could be used for AV certifications – but that’s no longer the case. Anything that can be measured can be ranked on a scale from worst to best, and since AV apps are no exception
    to that rule, we now have several serious AV testing labs continuously testing and ranking the various real-time AV apps on the basis of quite a few different criteria. Each test picks a specific criterion for the evaluation, and then carefully operationalizes
    that criterion with a testing procedure in order to provide a metric for the ranking:

List of AV Testing Labs - AV-Comparatives

Documents – AMTSO

Of course the multiplicity of criteria and the frequent retesting results in lots of discrepancies in the rankings, and this has two unfortunate consequences:

1. The different outcomes are used (unfairly) by the skeptics of AV testing in order to make the argument that testing isn’t a reliable source of information.

2. This confusing multiplicity of outcomes leaves AV vendors free to cherry pick a test with a result that makes them look good, but that doesn’t necessarily tell the whole story.

We don’t have to look very far to find a good example of how AV vendors cherry pick the AV tests, because the Emsisoft article cited by

Jsssssssss
    will serve nicely:

13 mistakes to avoid when choosing antivirus software in 2018

The first point here is well taken, of course:

When it comes down to it, the most important factor when choosing antivirus software is how well it can protect your system against both known and unknown threats.

But the link is to the AV-Comparatives Malware Protection Test – and this is what the AV-comparatives site has to say about this test:

It complements our Real-World Protection Test, which sources its malware samples from live URLs, allowing features such as URL blockers to come into play. The Malware Protection Test effectively replicates a scenario in which malware is introduced
    to a system via local area network or removable media such as USB flash drives (as opposed to via the Internet). Both tests include execution of any malware not detected by other features, thus allowing “last line of defense” features to come into play.

So it should be clear that the Malware Protection Test doesn’t effectively replicate the environment of home-based PC users, where malware is almost always delivered via the Web browser. But if we then look at the results of the Real-World Protection
    test, which more closely mimics the environment of home-based PC users; it’s clear that Emsisoft is struggling to keep up with the leaders:

https://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php#

So shoppers beware: “cherry picking” a favorable AV test is a standard marketing ploy.

Cherry picking - Wikipedia

Performance impact shouldn’t normally be a major concern, because most of the AV apps are perfectly usable if there aren’t any malware remnants or antimalware remnants escalating the CPU utilization. But if you’re going to evaluate the AV apps on the
    basis of performance impact, be aware that the AV testing labs also run tests based on that criterion, although they measure the performance impact in a clean and controlled environment, where the results can’t be confounded by previous antimalware installations,
    undetected malware, system damage or corruption, third-party programs running in the background, or what have you:

https://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/avc_per_201710_en.pdf

The best way to ensure that a new AV installation will go smoothly, and that the new AV app won’t be handicapped by any operational or performance issues, is to do some preinstall preparation – which would consist of these steps:

1. Remove any undetected malware by scanning with several third-party malware-removal apps:

List of Malware Removal Tools

2. Remove any antimalware remnants by running the cleanup utilities for any preinstalled or previously installed AV apps:

List of anti-malware product removal tools

3. Run the standard Windows 10 system integrity checks:

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

GreginMich, Jul 24, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

BunnyJ, Jul 24, 2015
  5. wzor Win User
    I would recommend Panda Antivirus as it is compatible with Windows 10 (not officially yet doe), it's fast, isn't resource heavy and it's reliable. Hope this helps!

6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

i'm sure people on this Forum know my views on 3rd party AV software for Windows after any release of Windows later than W7. THEY HAVE ALL (100%) PASSED THEIR SELL BY DATE. Note we are talking here purely for HOME and not Corporate computers.

The expression ==> Consigned into the Dustbin of History should be an appropriate reminder. You wouldn't today build new Electricity generating stations reliant on poor quality COAL -- better methods are around now. So why do people still stick with LAST CENTURY's AV systems. Even the nature of attacks against computers has changed -- modern attacks are almost impossible to defend against by using pure software --for example if you are a victim of a SCAM such as sending money to a "cloned" website or doing other stupid things like giving passwords / info out over the net no Software system on the planet can protect you.

The most secure AV is built into Windows now -- anything else is A WASTE OF MONEY AND RESOURCES.

Read Brink's post on latest Windows security.

Security in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Cheers

jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 25, 2015
  7. swarfega Win User
    Avast 2015 gets a lot of good reviews. Check out The PC Security Channel on YouTube as he has recently reviewed it several times.

swarfega, Jul 25, 2015
  8. cyberSAR Win User

Not sure on the best, but ESET NOD32 along with MBAM is working fine on my machine.

cyberSAR, Jul 25, 2015
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    You must surely be 100% kidding -- why on earth would I use YouTube as a source for sensible information -- C'mon guys PLEASE GET REAL.

The fact that all this AV rubbish *might* work on your machine is 100% IRRELEVANT -- save some money by DITCHING IT -- it doesn't protect you even to a tiny bit more than the standard Windows system.

Get real guys -- read up on what are THE REAL threats today --things like SCAMS etc.

When was the last Virus you actually had on your machine and how did you get it.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 25, 2015
  10. wase4711 Win User
    sorry bro, common sense and logic has no place on an internet forum!*Cool

wase4711, Jul 25, 2015
  11. Indeed, but do not download it from Panda's homepage (I can not believe I am saying this), because it has an old installer incompatible with 10, go to other webpage like Download Panda Free Antivirus 15.1.0

TairikuOkami, Jul 25, 2015
  12. cyberSAR Win User
    All I can say is that since I have replaced MSE with ESET and MBAM on my clients and families machines I haven't had any malware to clean, which is a real change over the last year. I get "teach the user" but unfortunately it isn't so easy on the users that I know.

I get it on sale for about $7-10 and feel it is worth the investment for some.

cyberSAR, Jul 25, 2015
  13. wzor Win User

Hahaha. You're right! Forgot their outdated installer! Thanks!

14. Laith Win User
    Använd Windows Defender eller Microsoft Security Essentials för nu.

Laith, Jul 25, 2015
  15. wzor Win User
    First off. Swedish and languages other than English are not allowed on this English forum.
    Second, Microsoft Security Essentials is the same thing as Windows Defender, only for systems older than seven.
    Third, Defender is a good antivirus, so I don't know why that would be "for now".
    Fourth. This suggestion has already been told.

Thema:

1. The best working antivirus program for windows 10 RTM - Similar Threads - best working antivirus

2. Which antivirus is the best for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which antivirus is the best for Windows 10: I have reinstalled a new fresh window 10 in my PC after my pc was infected by a ransom virus UYJH I recovered some of my files using a stellar data recovery I formatted all partitions just I have finished the recovery process I checked my pc many times using different removal...
  3. Best antivirus and antimalware program for Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Best antivirus and antimalware program for Windows 10?: Hello there guys..which is the best antivirus and antimalware program for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-antivirus-and-antimalware-program-for-windows/8d560430-0e54-4c69-bb3f-cc9f3dc4d736
  4. which is the best antivirus for windows 10.

which is the best antivirus for windows 10.: i want to install an antivirus which protects my pc from online downloading viruses. check this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/which-is-the-best-antivirus-for-windows-10/d1da7cff-5f30-4bef-9f97-95e4a85ce7b6
  5. Best antivirus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best antivirus?: In your opinion, which program is the best antivirus for windows? Paid or not paid. submitted by /u/fermarx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iv2oiz/best_antivirus/
  6. Best antivirus program for Windows 10?

Best antivirus program for Windows 10?: I'm looking for the best antivirus program for Windows 10, and on the Internet there are numerous comparisons with always different results. Maybe someone can help me with this. Bestes Antivirenprogramm für Windows 10?
  7. Best antivirus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best antivirus?: I'm pretty careful on the web but I know I'm not immune to viruses. I currently use Windows Defender as my traditional antivirus and occasional scans from Malwarebytes Free to catch more advanced malware that Defender might miss. Is there anything wrong with this setup? I've...
  8. best antivirus

best antivirus: I am just using windows defender and malware bytes.I there a better anti-virus program that does not use a lot of rescources that someone could suggest thanks ,jason 106844
  9. Best antivirus?

Best antivirus?: I have read through thread and I don't see any big group agreeing on one. I know I don't like Norton, been using avp... which is best? 52140
  10. Best antivirus for Windows 10

Best antivirus for Windows 10: Hello, I have a question regarding antivirus programs on windows 10 - though this will also extend to windows 7 and windows 8.1. My new windows 10 laptop came preinstalled with McAfee, and the trial has almost expired - hence, I uninstalled McAfee because it likes to...