Windows 10: The Beta version of Chrome (desktop) now also has the full native dark mode (menus with...

Discus and support The Beta version of Chrome (desktop) now also has the full native dark mode (menus with... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Leopeva64-2, Feb 10, 2023.

1. The Beta version of Chrome (desktop) now also has the full native dark mode (menus with...

/u/Leopeva64-2, Feb 10, 2023
  2. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Feb 10, 2023
  3. David-M. Win User
    How to prevent Windows Dark Mode affecting Chrome

Hi Mark,

I'm David, and I'm happy to help you.

I understand that you want the content of websites in Google Chrome not to be in dark mode.

Follow the steps below:

Note: The browser will need to be restarted.

1. Paste the following link into Chrome's address bar and press Enter.

chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark

2. In "Auto Dark Mode for Web Contents", change the selection to "Disabled";

3. Click the "Relaunch" button to restart the browser and apply the new setting.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions.

David-M., Feb 10, 2023
  4. Jimmy9190 Win User

The Beta version of Chrome (desktop) now also has the full native dark mode (menus with...

Chrome is stuck on dark mode

Thanks for the replies. I found the problem, it was my mistake all along. I had two dark mode extensions in Chrome, one was the Dark Night Mode, the other is Dark Mode. Dark Mode works a little better than Dark Night Mode, sometimes I use it to manually enter dark mode when using my laptop at night.

I had turned Dark Night Mode off when I found and started using the Dark Mode extension but when I checked today it somehow turned back on when I downloaded Chrome again last night. It was late and I was tired when I downloaded Chrome so I just did not see the other extension was on again. Turning Dark Night Mode off and setting the Chrome flag for dark mode back to default fixed the problem. I removed Dark Night Mode as well so it should be ok now.

Thanks for the replies. This one is solved now.

Jimmy

Jimmy9190, Feb 10, 2023
Thema:

The Beta version of Chrome (desktop) now also has the full native dark mode (menus with...

1. The Beta version of Chrome (desktop) now also has the full native dark mode (menus with... - Similar Threads - Beta version Chrome

2. Chrome is stuck on dark mode

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome is stuck on dark mode: I had to reinstall Windows today on my laptop, I also reinstalled Chrome and it is stuck in dark mode. There is no setting under Appearance to change it and even the flag chrome://flags and dark mode did not help. I would appreciate if anyone has any help on this.I am on...
  3. Turning on Windows Dark mode also makes my Google search results in Chrome go dark

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning on Windows Dark mode also makes my Google search results in Chrome go dark: Turning on Windows Dark mode also makes my Google search results in Chrome go dark I do not want my Chrome to take that dark mode. But I want my file explorer and others in dark mode. Is there a way to apply dark mode except for Chrome?...
  4. Error about dark mode Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error about dark mode Chrome: Help, I can't change the properties theme to dark mode like other windows. [IMG] * Moved from Community Participation Center * Chrome added to title https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-about-dark-mode-chrome/8b1bd83f-1fc1-46b0-8410-a9d651fd3ad4
  5. Google Chrome stuck on dark mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome stuck on dark mode: In colors, under personalization in the settings, I chose "Dark" for choose your default app mode and then Google Chrome became black with inverted colors. I switched back to "Light" as websites suggested but it didn't change anything. This only affects Chrome, no effect at...
  6. what is the best dark mode extension on chrome right now?

what is the best dark mode extension on chrome right now?: QUESTION^ submitted by /u/tanishvv [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gcr49x/what_is_the_best_dark_mode_extension_on_chrome/
  7. New Edge Beta version now has dark background on its default home page for those using dark...

New Edge Beta version now has dark background on its default home page for those using dark...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/welogique [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dcs390/new_edge_beta_version_now_has_dark_background_on/
  8. Disable Chrome Dark Mode?

in Browsers and Email
    Disable Chrome Dark Mode?: This fix no longer works in the latest version of Chrome. Is there another way of showing Chrome in ' normal' mode ? Windows 10 – Disable Google Chrome DARK MODE – takujingi 137758
  9. Google Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10 is now almost ready

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10 is now almost ready: Google has been testing dark mode for its Chrome browser for a while now and the company is now ironing out the remaining glitches. Yesterday, we spotted that Google Chrome Canary now respects Windows 10’s theme setting and today’s update fixes the bugs where menus had weird...
  10. Windows 10 - Oct 2018 Update: Dark mode has filenames also in dark

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Oct 2018 Update: Dark mode has filenames also in dark: Hello, I had updated Windows with the Oct-2018 updates, as I was so excited for the Dark mode of windows coming up. But all my excitement went down the drain, when some of the folders (and incidentally, folders which are important to me) has all the filenames and folders...