Windows 10: The BIG win 10 update today is total disaster

Discus and support The BIG win 10 update today is total disaster in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I upgraded to win10 couple of months ago. I managed to solve several problems with DVD drives, printers, Office 2007 hangs etc etc and it worked quite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Roman Krejci, Dec 3, 2015.

1. The BIG win 10 update today is total disaster

I upgraded to win10 couple of months ago. I managed to solve several problems with DVD drives, printers, Office 2007 hangs etc etc and it worked quite good afterwards. With today's update lot of problems reappeared and I have to undergo all those tuning again. WHY?
    Edit: the first problem is - Outlook 2007 hangs when started. I kill it and start again. It offers "safe mode" the next start, and it runs OK in safe mode. I remember I had this very problem after the original upgrade. I solved it somehow. I forgot how. Now I have to re-invent the wheel. It's frustrating.
    Edit2: I absolutely need to use legacy HLP help system, so I replaced the default WIn10 hlp proxy with real working winhlp32.exe. Now after this upgrade all is restored back and I have to repeat the replacement again.
    Moreover, it seems that I'll have to reinstall printer drivers for my shared printer.
    Summary: this first major upgrade means that you will have to *** re-tune your system again *** . For me it means hours and hours of of extra work.

:)

Roman Krejci, Dec 3, 2015

2. Win 10 upgrade is a total disaster!!!

what a joke win 10 is. to force the public to use this miserable product is a criminal offense and everyone whold run to a MAC ASAP. maybe then Microsoft (soft in the head) will not act like Walmart and actually respond to its customers. so far all they
    do is NOTHING

howardkrauss, Dec 3, 2015
  3. Win 10 upgrade is a total disaster!!!

Upgrade from 7 professional here. No printer drivers. Easy to revert 10 says. Followed the steps and my pc is completely inoperable. Yay. Not.

SillieWildflower, Dec 3, 2015
  4. Aravis1 Win User

The BIG win 10 update today is total disaster

I agree; after hours of work I discovered that One Drive is slowing the computer to a crawl, and the only way prevent this is to unlink One Drive altogether. Anyone else had this?

Aravis1, Dec 4, 2015
  5. Outlook 2007 hang on startup somehow became fixed after running it in safe mode and couple of PC restarts.
    I also managed to restore the legacy winhlp32.exe that opens HLP files so I can use my legacy software on win10.
    I removed shared printer , re-added it and re-installed printer driver. Now I can print on my printer that is connected
    to different PC (with win XP) on LAN.
    This is the second time I had to perform those steps after the original win7->win10 upgrade.
    However, I just noticed that I cannot SEND mails from Outlook 2007. *Sad((((((((
    OMG, is this what I should expect after every "major update"?

Roman Krejci, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

The BIG win 10 update today is total disaster

1. The BIG win 10 update today is total disaster - Similar Threads - BIG update today

2. Windows 10 2004 ... total disaster

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 2004 ... total disaster: 2 Desktop terminals used for Work and losing money and reputation when they wont work. Both have updated to v2004 and the growing list of broken features is making me seriously look at other platforms. Every year now we get a big update that brings a host of often pointless...
  3. Windows 10 update disaster

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update disaster: After the last Windows 10 update my HP Elite goes to blue screen for Automatic Repair, cannot repair and starts over again. Option to go to desktop just goes to Automatic repair and loops again....
  4. Outlook 2010 After latest update = Big Disaster

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 After latest update = Big Disaster: This morning I downloaded a number of W10 updates onto my number 2 machine. This machine had my Hotmail and Outlook email accounts being managed via Microsoft Exchange. So, while I was messing around with this machine I thought that I would change them all to IMAP like my...
  5. what are the best tools today to totally shut down Win 10 telemetry?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    what are the best tools today to totally shut down Win 10 telemetry?: For Win 10 Pro and Home installations on a home LAN with Comcast cable ISP service, and a laptop running Win 10 Pro which travels around in the US and overseas, what tools provide comprehensive coverage to shut down Microsoft telemetry, ideally with minimal resource impact...
  6. Latest Win 10 update of today ..

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Win 10 update of today ..: My Win 10 64-bit OS updated earlier today as follows: Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3150513) Is this the latest available update? Thanks in advance .. 82603
  7. Win 10 update today?

Win 10 update today?: I had a big update today .. I am now on this version (see included screen shot) Is this the latest version of Win10 Pro 64-bit? [img] 56091
  8. Today's Win 10 update

Today's Win 10 update: My laptop has just updated as per below ... is this the latest update? [img] 38878
  9. Had to Backout Big Win 10 Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Had to Backout Big Win 10 Update: Whatever update happened yesterday gave me bad effects. The update was lengthy and added a slew of stuff - Cortana, Shopping, Weather - that I got rid of long ago. I've never had problems with updates before this. It was almost impossible to type, and some directories were...
  10. Today is the Big Day!

in Windows 10 Support
    Today is the Big Day!: Just so I won't be left out with the Win 10 downloading spree today, I brought my 10incher to work to join the online traffic via Teamviewer. My computer at home is ready and waiting. So when I get home from work, it will be ready to be fired up. [ATTACH] Happy...