Windows 10: The Bing serch engine in Windows 10.

Discus and support The Bing serch engine in Windows 10. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The Bing search doesn't work 90% of the time. When I want to go to a site with EDGE Bing comes up with "can't reach this page". What is wrong with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LorenNorris, Dec 10, 2018.

1. The Bing serch engine in Windows 10.

The Bing search doesn't work 90% of the time. When I want to go to a site with EDGE Bing comes up with "can't reach this page".

What is wrong with Bing?

Also how do I get rid of this crapy search engine?

:)

LorenNorris, Dec 10, 2018
  2. LCRT Win User

search engine

windows xp advice for a windows 10 query. with registry fiddling. great advice.

anyway, the answer is very simple:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-the-default-search-engine-in-microsoft-edge

"

When you enter something in the address bar in Microsoft Edge, you’ll see results from Bing. Microsoft recommends Bing for the best performance with Windows 10. Bing gives instant help for Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge (just like this). And Bing links search
    results with some Windows 10 apps. But Microsoft Edge uses OpenSearch technology, so you can change the default search engine. Here’s how:

• Enter the search engine’s website and browse to it.

• Select More actions (...) > Settings and then scroll down to select View
      advanced settings. In the list under Search in the address bar with, choose Add new.

• Select the website and then select Add as default.

• Note: Only search providers that support the OpenSearch standard will appear in this list. If they don’t support it yet,here's how
        they can."

3. Removing Bing as default search engine.

We appreciate the prompt response. In this case, let us check your browser settings and ensure that
    Bing is removed as the default search engine. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open your Firefox browser.
    • Click the Menu icon or the 3 bars icon.
    • Select Options.
    • Select Search.
    • Under Default Search Engine, select your preferred search engine from the drop down list.
    • Once you're done, close the search tab and check if the issue persists.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Dec 10, 2018
  4. The Bing serch engine in Windows 10.

Photo options and search engine in Windows 10

Hi Ruth,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

When you say skip movies, music and games, what exactly do you mean by that?

I would suggest you to use Photo app in Windows 10 so that all the photos will be listed in one place.

For reference Photos app for Windows help:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/photos-app-faq

Note : Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

You can use any search engine you desire. Bing comes as default search engine in Windows 10. If you prefer some other search engine then you can use that search engine.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

The Bing serch engine in Windows 10.

1. The Bing serch engine in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Bing serch engine

2. Edge browser engine stuck on Bing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge browser engine stuck on Bing: Hello,I have a computer with windows 11 OS. I have three search engines downloaded here Firefox, Chrome, and Edge. I have a seamless experience switching my search engine on the first two, which makes me think it's not a crazy virus problem, but Edge just won't. I already did...
  3. Edge browser engine stuck on Bing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge browser engine stuck on Bing: Hello,I have a computer with windows 11 OS. I have three search engines downloaded here Firefox, Chrome, and Edge. I have a seamless experience switching my search engine on the first two, which makes me think it's not a crazy virus problem, but Edge just won't. I already did...
  4. Search engine keeps changing to Yahoo or Bing

in Windows 10 News
    Search engine keeps changing to Yahoo or Bing: [ATTACH]Some users noticed a weird issue in their web browsers. Their default search engine changes automatically to Yahoo or Bing. This issue was mostly reported on Google Chrome. However, if you use another web browser, you may also experience this problem. According to...
  5. Bing search engine by default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bing search engine by default in Windows 10: One would think that removing a default search engine or the initial page that Windows sets at the start of a session would be a rather simple task, but that does not seem to be the case with the latest update to Windows 10 as of 23 Nov 2020. I'm running my favorite...
  6. Disable BING as default search engine

Disable BING as default search engine: How do I disable BING from my browser? It pops up on start-up as the default search engine. It's so frustrating. I've gone into menu setting to change, tried the Cortana search settings fix, and it still defaults back to Bing. Have searched the internet over the months...
  7. BING SEARCH ENGINE

BING SEARCH ENGINE: Whenever I click on Google Chrome I get BING. I want that to stop. HOW? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-search-engine/ba5e3cd1-9db2-4f33-9d0c-8a1bcd9ed342
  8. Bing Search Engine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bing Search Engine: I use Bing daily in Firefox (Edge is too cantankerous for me). Since this morning, when I type something in search, the first results are obscured by the search bar. I can't scroll up any further, but can scroll down to less qualifying results. I've made no changes to my...
  9. Delete Bing search engine and add Google

in Browsers and Email
    Delete Bing search engine and add Google: How do I delete Bing search enging from Microsoft Edge and change to Google. I've already added Google, but how can I delete Bing? 11732
  10. Bing search engine

in Browsers and Email
    Bing search engine: Can someone please help me? I have just registered on here, at the suggestion of someone from Firefox help forums. I am a senior person (still working) I have some pc knowledge, but not to technical especially with in depth stuff. My problem is I have FF as my default...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reinstall bing search engine