Windows 10: the bing website opens

Discus and support the bing website opens in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I keep my home page open to msn,but when I resume it from standby the bing website opens.how can I prevent this from happening ? i use the chrome... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bluzeboy, Apr 17, 2016.

1. bluzeboy Win User

the bing website opens

I keep my home page open to msn,but when I resume it from standby the bing website opens.how can I prevent this from happening ?

i use the chrome browser

:)

bluzeboy, Apr 17, 2016

2. Clicking Search button opens Bing website on Samsung Focus

For me, the Focus search button worked fine. Right up until recently. It might be related to the update that included Internet Sharing, but I can't confirm that.

All I know is that it used to work just fine, but now it brings up the bing website, which is not want I want at all.

lightninnzl, Apr 17, 2016
  3. Clicking Search button opens Bing website on Samsung Focus

It does for me as well ... it is how the Focus was set up

As for the "direction button, it appears on my device. There are four buttons when I open the Maps application (scout, direction, me, search).

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Apr 17, 2016
  4. snoopy51 Win User

the bing website opens

snoopy51, Apr 17, 2016
  5. bluzeboy Win User
    bluzeboy, Apr 18, 2016
  6. snoopy51 Win User
    bluezeboy:

I tried several times using a local account as well as Microsoft account. Set my Chrome Home Page to MSN and put it to sleep. When I wake up it was still MSN not Bing. I recalled there was problem like this back in Windows 8/windows 8.1. I am not sure but you can try to disable a feature called NCSI or Network Connectivity Status Indicator. Here is the fix from Windows 8.

regedit

Caution Caution

Incorrectly editing the registry may severely damage your system. Before making changes to the registry, you should back up any valued data on the computer. You can also use the Last Known Good Configuration startup option if you encounter problems after manual changes have been applied.

5. Navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NlaSvc\Parameters\Internet

6. Under the Internet key, double-click EnableActiveProbing, and then in Value data, type:

The default for this value is 1. Setting the value to 0 prevents NCSI from connecting to a site on the Internet during checks for connectivity.

7. Click OK.

8. Reboot.

Please let us know your result! Good luck.

snoopy51, Apr 18, 2016
  7. snoopy51 Win User
    Great, I hope this stabilizes your situation!

snoopy51, Apr 19, 2016
  8. the bing website opens

what browser are you using first of all

gijoetech1, Apr 19, 2016
  9. snoopy51 Win User
    OP uses chrome browser!

snoopy51, Apr 19, 2016
  10. the bing website opens [​IMG]

the bing website opens [​IMG]
    change the settings like this one

gijoetech1, Apr 19, 2016
  11. so go to the settings and make dose changes

gijoetech1, Apr 19, 2016
  12. bluzeboy Win User
    this what worked for me.

This issue actually occurs every time windows connects to the internet/wifi. This seems to be caused by the netprofm or Network List Service. Disabling it will help, will also interfere with your ability to automatically connect to a wireless network.

bluzeboy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

the bing website opens

1. the bing website opens - Similar Threads - bing website opens

2. Websites Opening at will

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Websites Opening at will: Recently, while I am on any website, if I click anything a new window opens up with a website I didn't request. This has become very regular and is quite irritating. What has changed and can I reverse this?...
  3. Websites Opening at will

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Websites Opening at will: Recently, while I am on any website, if I click anything a new window opens up with a website I didn't request. This has become very regular and is quite irritating. What has changed and can I reverse this?...
  4. Websites Opening at will

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox: As per question. It's really annoying. I hate Bing, cortana and just about everything else that microsoft forces upon me.Doesn't happen every time, probably once in every hundred but it really gets on my nerves.Edge has been thoroughly removed from the OS. Cortana is disabled...
  6. Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox

Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox: As per question. It's really annoying. I hate Bing, cortana and just about everything else that microsoft forces upon me.Doesn't happen every time, probably once in every hundred but it really gets on my nerves.Edge has been thoroughly removed from the OS. Cortana is disabled...
  7. Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox

in Cortana
  8. Cannot Open my Website in Bing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Open my Website in Bing: I've been experiencing some difficulty accessing my website specifically through Bing search engine. While it's working fine on other search engines, I've noticed that whenever I search for my website on Bing, the search results don't display a clickable link to my site....
  9. Cannot Open my Website in Bing

Cannot Open my Website in Bing: I've been experiencing some difficulty accessing my website specifically through Bing search engine. While it's working fine on other search engines, I've noticed that whenever I search for my website on Bing, the search results don't display a clickable link to my site....
  10. Bing website not rendering correctly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bing website not rendering correctly: For the last couple of days, and for no apparent reason, my bing.com has started rendering with what appears to be 1,000,000 x 1,000,000 resolution on my Surface 7 using Edge. Every other website is normal, including the Bing rewards page. It's just the Bing homepage and all...