Windows 10: The BIOS SETTINGS SEEM TO BLOCK EXTERNAL CONTROL, HOW CAN I ALLOW CENTRUY LINK TO CORRECT THIS?

Discus and support The BIOS SETTINGS SEEM TO BLOCK EXTERNAL CONTROL, HOW CAN I ALLOW CENTRUY LINK TO CORRECT THIS? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I correct the BIOS settings to allow Century Link to correct a problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BobbyRakes1, Jan 8, 2021.

1. The BIOS SETTINGS SEEM TO BLOCK EXTERNAL CONTROL, HOW CAN I ALLOW CENTRUY LINK TO CORRECT THIS?

How can I correct the BIOS settings to allow Century Link to correct a problem?

:)

BobbyRakes1, Jan 8, 2021

2. Help with external hard drive

Hi Debbra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to plug in hard drive then check in disk management you can see the drive or not.

Follow the steps to check Drive in Disk Management.

• Go to the Control Panel then click on the
      Administrative Tools. .

• Under the Administrative Tool Click on Computer Management.

• Click on Disk Management and check the External Hard Drive.

Also check in BIOS whether External Hard Drive is listed or not.

For help with the BIOS settings, refer to the computer manual or contact the manufacturer.

If it doesn’t work then, I would suggest you to update BIOS for updating BIOS contact Lenovo Support.

Follow the link:

http://support.lenovo.com/in/hi/

Disclaimer :

Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings
    can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Jan 8, 2021
  3. AMX& Win User
    Windows Security - Controlled Folder Access - Recently Blocked App List

Hello,

I thank you for your response. I know how to add and remove apps to and from the controlled folder access. My question is how to remove an app from the "Recently Blocked Apps" list. In Windows 1809 they made it easier to add apps to the controlled folder
    access without having to navigate to the exe. They added a Recently Blocked Apps list you can select from. The steps for Windows 1809 are:

1. Open the Windows Security and click/tap on the Virus & threat protection icon.

2. Click/tap on the Manage ransomware protection link under the Ransomware protection section.

3. Click/tap on the Allow an app through Controlled folder access link.

4. Click/tap on Yes when prompted by UAC to approve.

5. Click/tap on Add an Allowed App (+) sign

6. Click or tap Recently Blocked Apps from the drop down menu. (NEW)

7. Click or tap on the (+) button for the app you want to add from the list. (NEW)

It is this Recently Blocked Folders List I am trying to edit to remove apps I have not authorized and that have been deleted from my PC and are still in this list. I know you can select an allowed app from the controlled folder access list and you will
    see a REMOVE button, which in 1809 will put the app back in the Recently Blocked Apps list if it was there originally. But that same process does not work on the Blocked Apps list.

My question still remains:

How do you delete an app from the "Recently Blocked Apps" list in Windows Security for Windows 1809?

AMX&, Jan 8, 2021
  4. The BIOS SETTINGS SEEM TO BLOCK EXTERNAL CONTROL, HOW CAN I ALLOW CENTRUY LINK TO CORRECT THIS?

access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

The BIOS SETTINGS SEEM TO BLOCK EXTERNAL CONTROL, HOW CAN I ALLOW CENTRUY LINK TO CORRECT THIS?

1. The BIOS SETTINGS SEEM TO BLOCK EXTERNAL CONTROL, HOW CAN I ALLOW CENTRUY LINK TO CORRECT THIS? - Similar Threads - BIOS SETTINGS SEEM

2. How can i get acces to the Bios Settings to enable secure boot i can enter the Bios...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i get acces to the Bios Settings to enable secure boot i can enter the Bios...: Hey peopleMy name is Tomek and i can't change things in my Bios Settings on the school pc.i got an admin but i made an personal account so they don't get acces to my pc.so my question is : how can i get acces and trun secure boot on if i can't change anything?I can enter the...
  3. Are there system file storage settings I can change to allow imaging WIN10 on an external...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are there system file storage settings I can change to allow imaging WIN10 on an external...: I've successfully created two system images recently of WIN 10 on my external SSD with exFAT format. Both images are of dedicated desktop workstations systems running WIN10 build 19045.2673.While attempting to backup a WIN10 laptop, also running build 19045.2673, WINDOWS is...
  4. Are there system file storage settings I can change to allow imaging WIN10 on an external...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are there system file storage settings I can change to allow imaging WIN10 on an external...: I've successfully created two system images recently of WIN 10 on my external SSD with exFAT format. Both images are of dedicated desktop workstations systems running WIN10 build 19045.2673.While attempting to backup a WIN10 laptop, also running build 19045.2673, WINDOWS is...
  5. Are there system file storage settings I can change to allow imaging WIN10 on an external...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. External links get blocked by something

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    External links get blocked by something: Something in my PC is blocking me from jumping to https page External links. I tried different browsers such as chrome, edge, and firefox but they all show the same message in the browser as following. I also turned off my security which is Eset Internet Security butit...
  7. How to allow a blocked application

How to allow a blocked application: I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on an older Dell PC, I am finding that Windows Security is blocking applications that I trust such as HR Block tax software, Seagate backup, and Google backup and sync. I found the Microsoft help page "Allow a blocked app in...
  8. Links from Allowed websites are blocked for Child account

Links from Allowed websites are blocked for Child account: Hello, I have setup accounts for both of my girls. I also added a few websites that I only want them to visit. When my daughter goes to the website it is accessible except for any of the links inside the website page. If she clicks on a link within the main website she...
  9. Controlled Access blocked WmiPrvSE.exe Do I allow it?

Controlled Access blocked WmiPrvSE.exe Do I allow it?: My controlled access just blocked WmiPrvSE.exe. Should I allow it in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controlled-access-blocked-wmiprvseexe-do-i-allow/476cbadd-c2d3-4f10-8669-8c923e08ac40"
  10. Controlled Folder Access keeps blocking allowed app

Controlled Folder Access keeps blocking allowed app: I have gone through the repeated tedium of adding, one at a time, .exe files to the list of programs allowed through Win10's Controlled Folder Access. This typically works fine. I usually have to restart the app in question, and occasionally seem to have to reboot, but...