Windows 10: The BIOS will not let me boot from an secondary drive, it shows up but i can not boot from it.

Discus and support The BIOS will not let me boot from an secondary drive, it shows up but i can not boot from it. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! I am not sure if this is the right place for a question like this but I'll ask it anyway. I have 4 drives both HDD's and SSD's and multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mr_1077, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Mr_1077 Win User

The BIOS will not let me boot from an secondary drive, it shows up but i can not boot from it.

Hi! I am not sure if this is the right place for a question like this but I'll ask it anyway. I have 4 drives both HDD's and SSD's and multiple operating systems on my computer, however, I can only boot from one of the drives. All the drives show up in BIOS and windows file explorer.Does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

Mr_1077, Sep 26, 2022

2. Hard Drive Not Showing Up In The Boot Order

Hi,

Since I tried to install VMware on one of my PC, the HDD is not showing up in the boot order but I can see it in the SATA device list. If I try to install Ubuntu Server or Linux Mint, the both OS can see the 500 GB drive and I can install the OS on it but when the installation is done, the OS, Linux Mint or Ubuntu Server, depending what is installed, won't boot because the 500 GB HDD is not showing up as a boot device.

Why this happen? I do a Google search but all I get is not what I search for or non somes forums, they suggest to unplug the SATA cable and re-plug it on another SATA port because the SATA port can be dead. I do this but it won't fix the issue, by the way if the SATA port was dead, why I can see the 500 GB drive on the SATA device section of the BIOS? And also I got the HDD may be dead, not possible because he is detected on the Linux Mint setup or Ubuntu Server setup ansd like I saids I can install an OS on it and he is detected in the SATA devices section in the BIOS. As I found nothing reveland on Google, I need help please.

This is possible VMware has scrapped the BIOS or the Hard Drive? I don't know…

Thanks in advance for your help!

Guillaume

guillaumesoucy, Sep 26, 2022
  3. Caring1 Win User
    Windows Booting beep!!

Check the boot order in the BIOS also, it might not have the hard drive as primary in the boot list.

Caring1, Sep 26, 2022
  4. topgundcp Win User

The BIOS will not let me boot from an secondary drive, it shows up but i can not boot from it.

topgundcp, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

1. The BIOS will not let me boot from an secondary drive, it shows up but i can not boot from it. - Similar Threads - BIOS let boot

2. Aptio bios not booting from USB Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aptio bios not booting from USB Drive: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 and does not have any operating system. I have a usb with Windows 10 and there is no option to boot from usb. There is a option to boot a single file but not the whole usb....
  3. Aptio bios not booting from USB Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Aptio bios not booting from USB Drive: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 and does not have any operating system. I have a usb with Windows 10 and there is no option to boot from usb. There is a option to boot a single file but not the whole usb....
  4. Aptio bios not booting from USB Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. The BIOS will not let me boot from an secondary drive, it shows up but i can not boot from it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The BIOS will not let me boot from an secondary drive, it shows up but i can not boot from it.: Hi! I am not sure if this is the right place for a question like this but I'll ask it anyway. I have 4 drives both HDD's and SSD's and multiple operating systems on my computer, however, I can only boot from one of the drives. All the drives show up in BIOS and windows file...
  6. The BIOS will not let me boot from an secondary drive, it shows up but i can not boot from it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The BIOS will not let me boot from an secondary drive, it shows up but i can not boot from it.: Hi! I am not sure if this is the right place for a question like this but I'll ask it anyway. I have 4 drives both HDD's and SSD's and multiple operating systems on my computer, however, I can only boot from one of the drives. All the drives show up in BIOS and windows file...
  7. Boot Up From Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot Up From Recovery Drive: So, I made a recovery drive on a USB. Easy enough. Now, as far as researching exactly how to get to the boot selection menu should I ever have trouble, I'm seeing like 97 different answers What is the way to get to the boot selection menu? If there are several methods, what...
  8. Transferring data from the boot drive to a secondary drive in a laptop

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Transferring data from the boot drive to a secondary drive in a laptop: This may be a dumb question but I have new laptop with a 500GB boot drive and a secondary 1TB spinner drive in it but have no idea on how to transfer say photos and other data like that from the boot drive to the larger disk. I don't wantto copy the Windows installation as...
  9. Can only boot from secondary drive Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can only boot from secondary drive Windows 10: I'm having an issue where I can only boot from my secondary drive ie. not the one where Windows is installed. This is a problem because I want to format that drive, and I can't boot from my primary drive that Windows is installed on. I believe this started when I installed...
  10. Setting up Windows boot manager to boot from SSD as secondary drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setting up Windows boot manager to boot from SSD as secondary drive: Hi, my situation is such that I had an internal mechanical HDD as the only booting drive. After adding a SSD inplace of optical drive it appears in system as 2nd hard drive without chance to change the order in UEFI BIOS. So it's internal drive #2. I used Paragon Hard Disk...