Windows 10: The BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows. Try...

Discus and support The BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows. Try... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, My personal external hard drive displayed this message whenever I tried to unlock it. I find some information in this article and tried each one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlMaddy, Feb 19, 2021.

1. AlMaddy Win User

The BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows. Try...

Hi,

My personal external hard drive displayed this message whenever I tried to unlock it. I find some information in this article and tried each one of the solutions provided by the experts and the problem still persists.

I don't know what to do. My hard drive is 1T. It is important to me as it stores more than just a memory to look on. Any help to fix this without costing me any pennies in the first place would be much appreciated. I did have a plan to bring it into the data recovery centre, but it is costly and I can't afford it at the moment.

The shipping fees to ship the drives to my chosen data recovery centre almost can feed me for 3 days.

:)

AlMaddy, Feb 19, 2021
  2. IoanRad Win User

BitLocker encryption is not compatible with the version of Windows

Original Title: bitlocker compatibility error

I have two partitions encrypted with BitLocker. One is OK and the other at opening gives me the message that BitLocker encryption is not compatible with the version of Windows that you have and try to open it with a newer version of Windows. Now I have Windows
    10 pro. What can I do? I badly need the informations on that drive.

IoanRad, Feb 19, 2021
  3. the bitlocker encryption on this drive is not compatible with your version of windows

Kindly solve this problem

I have keys but not able to enter it

it shows this message when I try to unlock the bitlocker encryption on this drive is not compatible with your version of windows

please do some thing regarding that

HarpreetSinngh, Feb 19, 2021
  4. The BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows. Try...

BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

The BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows. Try...

1. The BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows. Try... - Similar Threads - BitLocker encryption drive

2. The BitLocker encryption on this device isn't compatible with your version of Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The BitLocker encryption on this device isn't compatible with your version of Windows.: My old PC crashed. I got a new PC. I removed the additional storage HDD from the old PC and plugged it into my new PC. I was able to access files perfectly. I shut down the computer normally for the weekend. When I turn the computer back on 2 days later, the additional drive...
  3. The BitLocker encryption on this device isn't compatible with your version of Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The BitLocker encryption on this device isn't compatible with your version of Windows.: My old PC crashed. I got a new PC. I removed the additional storage HDD from the old PC and plugged it into my new PC. I was able to access files perfectly. I shut down the computer normally for the weekend. When I turn the computer back on 2 days later, the additional drive...
  4. Bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with the version

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with the version: from two days ago, my computer did an update after the restart i found many files do not open inside the encrypted partition by Bitlloker ... I opened it from another PC and the same thing some files openeing some files does not openI turned off the partation encryption ,...
  5. The BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows. Try...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows. Try...: I went through other forum question regarding same issue but answer are not helpful.My external drive was encrypted using windows 10 bitlocker and I was using this drive ever since but 2 days back all of a sudden I started getting this error.Couple of things I checked.Checked...
  6. Bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows

Bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows: Hi, I have the exact problem detailed below and I followed all of these same steps and I still cannot access my hardrive! It was working fine today, 19-04-2020 and I got a prompt to restart my PC and after the restart I got this error. I tried on 2 other computers running...
  7. The bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with this version of windows

The bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with this version of windows: I cannot unlock my drive. I am using a correct password and a correct key. To solve the problem, I have attempted: 1. Updating my version of windows 10 from version 1903 to version 1909 2. Opening the drive on two other PCs running windows 10 3. unlocking the encrypted...
  8. The BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows. Try...

The BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows. Try...: Hi, Please kindly assist to resolve the issue above. I have important data and photos in my 1TB hard disk. i have tried to update the BIOS but the issue still persist....
  9. BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows: I received the error "BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows. Try opening the drive using a newer version of Windows." I know that I didn’t encrypt my Windows 10 mobile drive but it might have been another person who used my device...
  10. BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows. Try...

BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows. Try...: A human being who wanted to creep my privacy plugged my mobile drive on a Windows 7 and this person has always been a tech illiterate so this person might have done things beyond my understanding. So I got my drive back and it said "BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to unlock D drive bit locker incryption incompatable

2. bitlocker encryption is not compatible with the version of windows

3. how to fix the bit locker encryption on this device isnt compatible with your version of windows try

4. the bitlocker encryption on this drive isnt compatible with your version of windows