Windows 10: The Bluetooth compatibility on my laptop is broken

Discus and support The Bluetooth compatibility on my laptop is broken in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello there! Last night I was doing some work when suddenly my Bluetooth mouse and Bluetooth earphones stopped working. After being unable to fix it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by David Botha, Oct 28, 2020.

1. The Bluetooth compatibility on my laptop is broken

Hello there!

Last night I was doing some work when suddenly my Bluetooth mouse and Bluetooth earphones stopped working. After being unable to fix it myself, I tried reading every article I could find but nothing has worked.

My device information:

The Bluetooth compatibility on my laptop is broken 3656f478-4422-42b4-8f51-596677f55be7?upload=true.png

I have tried the following:

• Troubleshooting Bluetooth errors. I get the following message: "Device does not have Bluetooth."
    • Ran services.msc and restarted Bluetooth Support Service, ensuring it was on Automatic Startup as well
    • Installed my manufacturers Intel Bluetooth drivers
    • Ran the Bluetooth repair option from within the Intel Bluetooth setup
    • I have looked under Device Manager. Bluetooth is not listed there, nor is it under Hidden Devices
    • All my Windows drivers are up to date
    • I have uninstalled my Bluetooth drivers from my device manager and tried reinstalling it through the Windows Update menu
    • In services.msc, I have tried starting Bluetooth User Service

The Bluetooth compatibility on my laptop is broken 75156217-b4a4-419d-9464-fed3ab99469c?upload=true.png

If there is missing information, please let me know and I will provide you with the details. Thanks in advance!

:)

David Botha, Oct 28, 2020

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Oct 28, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Bluetooth Technology Gets Faster With Bluetooth 3.0

From its annual All Hands Meeting in Tokyo this week, the Bluetooth SIG formally adopted Bluetooth Core Specification Version 3.0 + High Speed (HS), or Bluetooth 3.0. This latest iteration of the popular short-range wireless technology fulfills the consumers' need for speed while providing the same wireless Bluetooth experience – faster. Manufacturers of consumer electronics and home entertainment devices can now build their products to send large amounts of video, music and photos between devices wirelessly at speeds consumers expect.
    Bluetooth 3.0 gets its speed from the 802.11 radio protocol. The inclusion of the 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL) provides increased throughput of data transfers at the approximate rate of 24 Mbps. In addition, mobile devices including Bluetooth 3.0 + HS will realize increased power savings due to enhanced power control built in.

"Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, this latest version was 'born to go fast,' said Mike's Blog, Ph.D., executive director of the Bluetooth SIG. "Utilizing the 802.11 radio was a natural choice as it provides efficiencies for both our members and consumers – members get more function out of the two radios they are already including in devices, and consumers with Bluetooth 3.0 + HS products will get faster exchange of information without changing how they connect. We are excited to expand the possibilities of the PAN."

This newest version of Bluetooth technology builds on the inherent qualities of the current 2.1 + EDR version, including Simple Secure Pairing and built-in, automatic security. And as with all versions of theBluetooth specification, v3.0 + HS provides developers, manufacturers and consumers with the benefit of backwards compatibility, enabling both the expansion and enhancement of this technology with every new specification release. Once products reach the market, the easiest way for consumers to learn which devices are compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices is to visit the Bluetooth Gadget Guide.

Applications
    With the availability of Bluetooth version 3.0 + HS, consumers can expect to move large data files of videos, music and photos between their own devices and the trusted devices of others, without the need for cables and wires. Some applications consumers will experience include:
    • Wirelessly bulk synchronize music libraries between PC and music player or phone
    • Bulk download photos to a printer or PC
    • Send video files from camera or phone to computer or television
    Availability

The Bluetooth SIG's formal adoption of the specification is only the first step in the product lifecycle. News out today from wireless chip manufacturers and Bluetooth SIG member companies Atheros, Broadcom and CSR shows the second step – getting silicon solutions to device manufacturers – is already underway. End products for consumers are expected to be in the market in 9 to 12 months.

Technical Specifications
    This new specification release includes several major enhancements (learn more here - page requires member login):
    • Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP)
    • 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL)
    • Generic Test Methodology
    • Enhanced Power Control
    • Unicast Connectionless Data
    Source: Engadget

malware, Oct 28, 2020
  4. The Bluetooth compatibility on my laptop is broken

Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Don. - Not Headphone Compatible on Windows 10?

Windows 10 version 1903

Short story: Our Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Dongle was used on a different PC running Windows 7 to connect headphones with good-quality sound. Now, on a Dell Inspiron 580 with Windows 10, we can't get the headphones to work with the same quality anymore.

Depth: All Windows drivers are downloadable on this page of Iogear's website: Product Drivers, Firmware & Software - IOGEAR
    However, it appears as though the Windows 8/8.1/10 driver is really designed for 8 and 8.1 and not 10. That I conclude because the file name, "GBU521_GBU421_Win8_Win8.1_BT_v12.0.0.9980.zip", does not mention Windows 10, thus suggesting my bluetooth audio problems to be originating from a driver compatibility issue.

I've fiddled my life away with the following:
    • WinKey+R / "control panel" / Devices and Printer / (Insert Headphone Name) Properties / Services
    • Start / Settings / Devices / Audio
    • Start / Settings / System / Sound / Output / Troubleshoot
    • Settings within the Iogear bluetooth devices program, which comes with the driver on the aforementioned driver page.
    And have gone through many settings that branch off this list, restarting the computer after each change made. Sometimes it connect with good sound quality, but does not retain this quality after breaking the bluetooth connection (turning the headphones off, restarting PC).

Quick side note: I have a new Microsoft Bluetooth 3600 Mouse connected to this dongle that works completely fine, unlike the headphones.

A solution requires the following results, which goes along the lines of how the bluetooth headphones were connected to this same Iogear dongle on the different PC that had Windows 7:
    • The bluetooth headphones play with decent quality
    • The volume retains it's setting whenever the bluetooth connection is broken by a PC restart, or powering off/on the headphones (I've encountered configurations where the headphones always resets to maximum volume).
    • The bluetooth mouse works fine. This shouldn't be much of a concern at all.
    If we find no solutions, I will simply buy a dongle that works with Windows 10.

I can provide screenshots if needed.
    Thank-you.

ivangoabby, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

The Bluetooth compatibility on my laptop is broken

1. The Bluetooth compatibility on my laptop is broken - Similar Threads - Bluetooth compatibility laptop

2. Bluetooth is broken. Windows 11, laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth is broken. Windows 11, laptop: As of yesterday Bluetooth won't connect to anything. I tried to remove my Xbox wireless controller first and then it wouldn't remove. It also wouldn't connect to it in the first place. So I tried removing it in device manager in the Bluetooth section and it would still be...
  3. Bluetooth is broken. Windows 11, laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth is broken. Windows 11, laptop: As of yesterday Bluetooth won't connect to anything. I tried to remove my Xbox wireless controller first and then it wouldn't remove. It also wouldn't connect to it in the first place. So I tried removing it in device manager in the Bluetooth section and it would still be...
  4. Bluetooth Compatibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Compatibility: So, I purchased a wireless earphones which has to be connected with Bluetooth to use and hear. Haven't really given mind to Bluetooth on my device but now I try to connect it and use for my classes and don't really see an option to switch on. But, I have an option to add...
  5. Bluetooth Compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Compatibility: So, I purchased a wireless earphones which has to be connected with Bluetooth to use and hear. Haven't really given mind to Bluetooth on my device but now I try to connect it and use for my classes and don't really see an option to switch on. But, I have an option to add...
  6. Bluetooth Compatibility

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Compatibility Troubleshooter Broken

in Windows 10 Support
    Compatibility Troubleshooter Broken: Hi all, first time posting here I am on a Dutch Windows 10 Pro install I`ve been having this problem for a couple of days When I run the Windows 10 Compatibility Troubleshooter, it seems to hang on the detecting issues screen. It used to take some seconds before the next...
  8. Is my laptop broken.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is my laptop broken.: I'm going to list everything wrong with my computer - My Caps Lock function is reversed when I have Caps Lock on it's lowercase letters and the other way around -Every link I press opens another window -Every time I open a channel on the chatting app "Discord" it opens...
  9. Bluetooth Compatability

Bluetooth Compatability: I have a Lenovo laptop 20L9 running Windows 10 with a Bluetooth Core Spec of 4.2. I have just purchased Samsung Earbuds that have a Bluetooth Core Spec of 5.0. I upgraded the bluetooth driver via W10 and received message it was the most current driver. I then went to the...
  10. No bluetooth compatibility

No bluetooth compatibility: Hello! Some time ago, maybe a month or more, the wifi on my laptop went out. It was after I finished deleting lots of files to clear up space. The wifi just wouldn't show up, so I took it to BestBuy's Geek Squad and they fixed it. A few weeks later, I tried connecting a...