Windows 10: "The boot configuration data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system...

Discus and support "The boot configuration data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Turned my laptop on and was greeted with this message on a blue screen Your PC/Device need to be repaired File \BCD Error Code 0xc0000098 I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobynDoidge, Jun 16, 2019.

1. "The boot configuration data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system...

Turned my laptop on and was greeted with this message on a blue screen

Your PC/Device need to be repaired

File \BCD

Error Code 0xc0000098

I do not have a CD or anything with windows 10 as i bought the laptop with it installed already. I have followed a few steps on how to fix it but have been unsuccesful. Just tried to download Windows 10 onto a USB from my partners laptop to fix this. however at the last second it said an error occured?

Please help!!!

:)

RobynDoidge, Jun 16, 2019
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Jun 16, 2019
  3. The Boot configuration data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system

I am having HP 2000 Laptop with pre - loaded official Windows 8 OS. I got the message for automatic up gradation to Windows 10 and I opted for that. After July 29th (I don't remember the date exactly on which date it was installed), I got the Windows 10
    installed online. From that day, I am getting the following message on every time I am starting my Laptop:

"

Recovery

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

The Boot configuration data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system.

File:\BCD

Error Code:OXC0000098

You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media(like a disc or USB device) contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer.

Press Esc for UEFI Firmware settings.

"

When I press Esc it goes further and the following Message comes:

"

Startup menu

F1 System Information

F2 System Diagnostics

F9 Boot Device options

F10 BIOS Set up

F11 System Recovery

Enter - Continue Startup

For more information, Please visit:www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup

"

When I press Enter, it goes for normal operation and thereon no problem.

Please suggest the get rid of the starting Hick up and waste of time.

Ravi KumarKotti, Jun 16, 2019
  4. "The boot configuration data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system...

Boot configuration data file doesnt contain valid information

Hello,

Please refer this fix:

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-the-boot-configur...

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link(s) in this reply refers to non-Microsoft website(s). The page(s) appears to be providing accurate, legitimate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site(s) that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially
    Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

"The boot configuration data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system...

1. "The boot configuration data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system... - Similar Threads - boot configuration data

2. the boot cong file does not contain information for an operation system error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the boot cong file does not contain information for an operation system error...: i am trying to link up via USB cable these to laptops via USB cable in order to down load software however i dont know what software to install. I am getting a message on screen stating I amrecieving...
  3. The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system....: I was on a game installation and my Pc just freeze, i restart it and windows cant launch .I make a windows USB tool to try to repair, i choose repair windows but it doesnt work and next screen was windows boot manager with "The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain...
  4. The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system....

The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system....: I was on a game installation and my Pc just freeze, i restart it and windows cant launch .I make a windows USB tool to try to repair, i choose repair windows but it doesnt work and next screen was windows boot manager with "The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain...
  5. The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system....: My laptop was running just fine a while ago and even used it for online class. Until recently, I opened it again but this time it showed that error. I tried to reset my PC but there is no option and it led me to Advanced Options. I tried typing bootrec. exe \fixmbr but then...
  7. The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system....

The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system....: My laptop was running just fine a while ago and even used it for online class. Until recently, I opened it again but this time it showed that error. I tried to reset my PC but there is no option and it led me to Advanced Options. I tried typing bootrec. exe \fixmbr but then...
  8. The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system....

9. boot configuration data file does not contain a valid OS entry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    boot configuration data file does not contain a valid OS entry: I've been having trouble with my computer for about a week now. I'm running Windows 10. In normal use about a week ago, the monitor screen went completely black while my husband was on the computer. According to him, the computer itself, however, seemed to continue to run....
  10. Boot configuration data file doesnt contain valid information

Boot configuration data file doesnt contain valid information: hi am getting the below error and i dont have installation media , how can i fix the issue ?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-configuration-data-file-doesnt-contain-valid/c8b9e6fb-11bf-4f0c-b50a-024e0fca8a83

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the boot configuration data file doesnt contain valid information for an operating system

2. boot configuration data file does not contain

3. the boot configuration data file doesnt contain valid

4. the boot configuration file doesnt,
  5. ubuntu 16.04 CD does not contain a valid release file,
  6. boot configuration data file doesn’t contain valid info for an operating system,
  7. bootcamp boot configuratio. file doesnt contain valid information,
  8. the boot configuration data doesnt contain,
  9. boot configuration data file doesn’t contain valid information for an operating system,
  10. the boot configuration data file doesnt contain valid information for an operationg system,
  11. Boot Configuration data file valid information,
  12. the boot configuration data file doesn’t contain the valid information for the operating system,
  13. the boot configuration data file doesnt contain,
  14. the boot configuration doesnt contain valid informationfor an operating system,
  15. the boot configuration data doesnt contain valid information for an operating system bootcamp