Windows 10: "The boot configuration data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system...

Discus and support "The boot configuration data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Turned my laptop on and was greeted with this message on a blue screen Your PC/Device need to be repaired File \BCD Error Code 0xc0000098 I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobynDoidge, Jun 16, 2019.

1. "The boot configuration data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system...

Turned my laptop on and was greeted with this message on a blue screen

Your PC/Device need to be repaired

File \BCD

Error Code 0xc0000098

I do not have a CD or anything with windows 10 as i bought the laptop with it installed already. I have followed a few steps on how to fix it but have been unsuccesful. Just tried to download Windows 10 onto a USB from my partners laptop to fix this. however at the last second it said an error occured?

Please help!!!

:)

RobynDoidge, Jun 16, 2019
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Jun 16, 2019
  3. The Boot configuration data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system

I am having HP 2000 Laptop with pre - loaded official Windows 8 OS. I got the message for automatic up gradation to Windows 10 and I opted for that. After July 29th (I don't remember the date exactly on which date it was installed), I got the Windows 10
    installed online. From that day, I am getting the following message on every time I am starting my Laptop:

"

Recovery

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

The Boot configuration data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system.

File:\BCD

Error Code:OXC0000098

You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media(like a disc or USB device) contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer.

Press Esc for UEFI Firmware settings.

"

When I press Esc it goes further and the following Message comes:

"

Startup menu

F1 System Information

F2 System Diagnostics

F9 Boot Device options

F10 BIOS Set up

F11 System Recovery

Enter - Continue Startup

For more information, Please visit:www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup

"

When I press Enter, it goes for normal operation and thereon no problem.

Please suggest the get rid of the starting Hick up and waste of time.

Ravi KumarKotti, Jun 16, 2019
  4. "The boot configuration data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system...

Boot configuration data file doesnt contain valid information

Hello,

Please refer this fix:

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-the-boot-configur...

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link(s) in this reply refers to non-Microsoft website(s). The page(s) appears to be providing accurate, legitimate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site(s) that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially
    Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

"The boot configuration data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system...

1. "The boot configuration data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system... - Similar Threads - boot configuration data

2. Boot Configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot Configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors: This error is displaying when I try to open my laptop. Please guide me a solution.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-configuration-data-for-your-pc-is-missing-or/d8d160d7-e4c0-4edb-9b9f-486ee74e5b38
  3. boot configuration data file does not contain a valid OS entry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    boot configuration data file does not contain a valid OS entry: I've been having trouble with my computer for about a week now. I'm running Windows 10. In normal use about a week ago, the monitor screen went completely black while my husband was on the computer. According to him, the computer itself, however, seemed to continue to run....
  4. Boot configuration data file doesnt contain valid information

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot configuration data file doesnt contain valid information: hi am getting the below error and i dont have installation media , how can i fix the issue ?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-configuration-data-file-doesnt-contain-valid/c8b9e6fb-11bf-4f0c-b50a-024e0fca8a83
  5. boot configuration data is missing or contain error

boot configuration data is missing or contain error: what recovery tools are needed to fix error code 0xc00000039 windows 10 on acer switch 10 * Moved from Community Participation Center * Moved from: Windows 10 / Performance & system failures...
  6. The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors" File:...

The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors" File:...: Hi everyone, I dual booted my windows 10 on an Asus n550jx laptop with ubuntu 16.04 LTS and everything worked fine until I decided to remove my ubuntu. I created a usb recovery drive in windows which eventually got 8 Gbytes of space in my usb. I booted from it and it was...
  7. The boot configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors.

The boot configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors.: I would have fone the automatic reset. But i do not own the usb or dvd that it comes with. Any ideas for resetting this vut without the usb or dvd?...
  8. The boot configuration data for your pc is missing or contains errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The boot configuration data for your pc is missing or contains errors: So I have been literally trying to fix my windows not being able to boot at all for more than 12 hours straight till now. I almost read every single article and troubleshooting step on the web to find a solution but nothing seems to work. I will keep it short as much as I...
  9. Doesn't have a valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Doesn't have a valid IP configuration: Hello all. I've been having the above issue at different times and it is getting a bit irritating to restart the modem(router). How can I permanently fix it so that my internet can be online 24/7 without me having resetting the box? And how come it says that I have...
  10. The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors

in Windows 10 Support
    The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors: I came home one day and got a blue screen when trying to start up my computer. The error said "a required device isn't connected". I tried solving this problems in a lot of ways but I think I only made things worse cause now the error says "Your PC/Device needs to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the boot configuration data file doesnt contain valid information for an operating system

2. the bootconfiguration data file dient contain valid information for an operating system

3. the boot configuration data file doesnt valid information