Windows 10: The boot configuration data store could not be opened

Discus and support The boot configuration data store could not be opened in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]BCD or Boot Configuration Data files contain instructions that are needed by Windows to boot correctly. If you have a problem booting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 3, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

The boot configuration data store could not be opened

WinClub, Jul 3, 2019

2. Boot Configuration Data file is missing some required information WINDOWS 10

Boot Configuration Data file is missing some required information

Upon reboot, I ge the following message:
    "Recovery
    Your PC needs to be repaired
    The Boot Configuration Data file is missing some required information.
    File: \BCD
    Error Code: 0x000000d

You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media, If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer."

I've followed steps of doing bootrec/rebuildbcd - it says "add installation to boot list? Yes(Y)/No(N)/All(A) - I've tried to select Yes and All but it comes up with the requested system device cannot be found.

I really don't want to lose my data so any suggestions would be great?

**Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate / PC**

AimeeReid123, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Windows10 Version 1703 Error Code: 0xc000000f Boot Configuration Data missing or contains erors

Hi,

Disk write errors, boot sector viruses, and errors made while configuring the Boot Configuration Data manually are some of the possible causes why you are experiencing the error code 0xc000000f. For us to provide better assistance, we would need you to answer
    the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To give you a heads up, most of the troubleshooting step for this error requires a Windows installation disc. It will be best if you acquire one.

Looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jul 3, 2019
  4. The boot configuration data store could not be opened

there is an invalid object in the boot configuration data store status 0xc000024 lumia535

there is an invalid object in the boot configuration data store status 0xc000024 lumia535

pabitramondal, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

The boot configuration data store could not be opened

1. The boot configuration data store could not be opened - Similar Threads - boot configuration data

2. The boot configuration data store could not be opened. Access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The boot configuration data store could not be opened. Access is denied: The boot configuration data store could not be opened. Access is deniedThe file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum....
  3. The boot configuration data store could not be opened. Access is denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The boot configuration data store could not be opened. Access is denied: The boot configuration data store could not be opened. Access is deniedThe file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum....
  4. The boot configuration data store could not be opened. Access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. unable to update boot configuration data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to update boot configuration data: Hey, microsoft Well I have a asus vivobook gaming laptop with windows 10 already installed and activated. I was happy with my laptop. one day my laptop was acting kinda weird so i decided to reset my laptop. once i went to settings/update and security/recovery and I hit get...
  6. The boot configuration data store could not be opened. The volume for a file has been...

The boot configuration data store could not be opened. The volume for a file has been...: Hello to everyone. At the beginning I'd installed windows 10 with the legacy BIOS-MBR boot mode,but since I needed a Windows 10 installation that was able to boot using the EFI partition style,I have converted the partition scheme from MBR to EFI with a tool and after this...
  7. BCDEdit: The boot configuration store could not be opened

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BCDEdit: The boot configuration store could not be opened: I am trying to use the BCDEdit command from Windows 10 Boot Media 1803. However, whenever I try to run the command, the following text is returned: X:\Sources>bcdedit The boot configuration data store could not be opened. The requested system device cannot be identified...
  8. bcdedit: The boot configuration data store could not be opened

in Windows 10 Support
    bcdedit: The boot configuration data store could not be opened: I used Macrium Reflect to clone a disk onto another disk and now all BCD data has disappeared. When I run bcdedit, I get this: The boot configuration data store could not be opened. The system cannot find the file specified. EasyBCD doesn't find a file either. Should I...
  9. store could not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    store could not open: why are could not open the my store application i want resign https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/store-could-not-open/af49cbc4-7f71-4764-af7e-d8ddf337b0a4
  10. Boot Configuration Data Error

Boot Configuration Data Error: I have a custom built PC it had installed Windows 10 on it. I was using it last night and this morning I woke up to a Recovery Error. It says “Your PC/Device needs to be repaired...The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors...File: \Boot\BCD...Error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the boot configuration store cannot be opened

2. boot configuration store cannot be opened

3. boot configuration data store cannot be opened

4. invalid object in boot configuration data store