Windows 10: The brightness is fading down on its own

Discus and support The brightness is fading down on its own in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The brightness is fading down on its own on my pc running Windows 10. The issue occurs when I am on websites. I am unable to adjust the brightness... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lakshmi Thompson, Jun 2, 2019.

1. The brightness is fading down on its own

The brightness is fading down on its own on my pc running Windows 10. The issue occurs when I am on websites. I am unable to adjust the brightness

:)

Lakshmi Thompson, Jun 2, 2019

2. Fading brightness - 2.0

Dear Michelle,

Firstly, thank you for the quick response. When your reply arrived the light fading was 'up' to every 5 seconds.

I followed your suggestion. Unfortunately, the settings under 'enable adaptive brightness' were already at 'OFF', so I wasn't that. I looked next at the adjoining 'Dimmed Brightness Display' and found that both under Mains, and Battery, 30% was the setting.
    I upped this to 100%, but this has not helped either, but thanks again for your suggestion. Can anyone PLEASE come up with a 'fix'? As it stands, the PC is unusable.

Michael

MichaelCallister, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Fading brightness - 2.0

Big Windows 10 update last night (Tuesday). Immediately, the fading screen brightness returned. I have tried the 'updating Intel' solution which worked last time, but no luck this time. The fading is now every 30 secs. HELP, please!

MichaelCallister, Jun 2, 2019
  4. lrh09 Win User

The brightness is fading down on its own

E6 Backlight probelm (fade and back to normal brightness and fade...)

I just bought E6 today and the level of brightness i set is middle (level 2) and I found that when I am accessing something, say facebook, the backlight suddenly fade into darker and after few seconds will turn to brighter to normal level of brightness then
    few seconds again, will fade into darker. My eyes felt very uncomfortable and I was quite disappointed with that. Is there any solution to that? Or is it my E6 faulty?

lrh09, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

The brightness is fading down on its own

1. The brightness is fading down on its own - Similar Threads - brightness fading down

2. Windows shuts down the computer on its own.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows shuts down the computer on its own.: I leave my computer on all the time. I am usually working on several things and have pieces of each open regularly. I do close everything no and then to let Windows update. On occasion, every few days, I go to use the computer and is is powered off. Here is some of what I...
  3. Windows shuts down the computer on its own.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows shuts down the computer on its own.: I leave my computer on all the time. I am usually working on several things and have pieces of each open regularly. I do close everything no and then to let Windows update. On occasion, every few days, I go to use the computer and is is powered off. Here is some of what I...
  4. Laptop keeps scrolling down on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps scrolling down on its own: Recently, my computer will keep scrolling down by itself. It will just scroll to the bottom and it is impossible to scroll up. I don’t use an external mouse and just use the mousepad. I have zero clue on what is causing it but it is unlike that my touchpad is causing it....
  5. Computer shuts down on its own

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer shuts down on its own: "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." I have a GT70 2QD Dominator, recently I did a clean installation to an SSD, it was somewhat messy, had to do it...
  6. PC shutting down on its own

PC shutting down on its own: Hi, Im currently facing an issue when gaming, 1-2mins into the game. My pc will shutdown and attempt to reboot but it will fail to turn on until i turn off the power and turn on the pc manually. Hoping to get some help/answers here. This only started on 20 July which is...
  7. PC shuts down on its own

PC shuts down on its own: While I was starting a game, my PC shut down then turned on again but failed to load. This procedure repeated several times. I received"Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" error code: 0xC0000022. How to fix this error?...
  8. Audio goes Up and Down on its own

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio goes Up and Down on its own: Hey, For last maybe 2-3weeks I am experiencing this wierd behaviour which is causing audio going UP and DOWN on its own. I didnt find any circumstances under which it occurs. Mostly when i watch YouTube, but also happened on different sites and if i remember right, even with...
  9. Brightness dimming on its own

Brightness dimming on its own: It has been going on forever and I am getting sick of it. When I am playing a game or watching a movie, the brightness goes down it dims all by itself.. But the bar does not so I have to scroll it up and down till it goes back to normal. I have checked the nightlight and all...
  10. Laptop shutting down on its own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shutting down on its own: I use an ASUS laptop with AMD A8 4500M APU with Radeon HD graphics 1.9 GHz. It has 4 GB RAM. It is about 6yrs old. Last year it was getting overheated and switching off on its own. So I got it repaired and it is working fine. I have Malawarebytes Free Version 4.0.4.49. I have...