Windows 10: the built in camera on my ASUS /zen/book 13 doesn't work

Discus and support the built in camera on my ASUS /zen/book 13 doesn't work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I never used the camera on online application and I was convinced it works as I open the computer using the camera instead of a password. I want now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dana Feher, Mar 30, 2020.

1. the built in camera on my ASUS /zen/book 13 doesn't work

I never used the camera on online application and I was convinced it works as I open the computer using the camera instead of a password.

I want now to use the camera and it doesn't work with any application : camera, skype, zoom, etc

I have a antivirus installed : Bitdefender. I disabled it, restarted the computer without wifi, and same response.

When I open the camera app, I see a black screen

I tried to reinstall the driver for the camera from the ASUS web site,and same result.

Please help :

Kind regards,

Dana

:)

Dana Feher, Mar 30, 2020

2. Asus tramsformer book T100TAF Windows 10 camera doesn`t work

On Asus tramsformer book T100TAF doesn`t work camera. It shows only a black screen.

Diana Leonova, May 25, 2020
  3. the built in camera on my ASUS /zen/book 13 doesn't work

Hi Paulo,

thank you for the quick reply. I already did the steps suggested by you. It did’t worked.

when I open the camera application , no error message, bit I see on a black screen a camera crossed by an oblique line.

Dana Feher, May 25, 2020
  4. Paulo GM Win User

the built in camera on my ASUS /zen/book 13 doesn't work

Hi Dana, I am Paulo. I'm an Independent Advisor.

Make sure the app is enabled under Privacy. Here are the steps:

1. Open your Start menu and tap on the Settings gear.

2. Once in the Settings window, click on Privacy.

3. Navigate to the left pane and select your camera.

4. Make sure the ‘Let apps use my camera’ setting is enabled.

5. Locate the ‘Choose apps that can use your camera’ list.

6. Let all applications access your camera.

Let me know if that worked. If not, do you get an error code when opening the camera?

I hope this helps with your concern.

Paulo GM, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. the built in camera on my ASUS /zen/book 13 doesn't work - Similar Threads - built camera ASUS

2. ASUS monitor built in microphone doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS monitor built in microphone doesn't work: Hello,I purchased new ASUS monitor which has built in hardware like webcam, speakers and microphone. all of them work except microphone. it shows in device manager that it is up to date and i can also activate it in sound settings, but it doesnt work anyway. also whenever I...
  3. ASUS monitor built in microphone doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS monitor built in microphone doesn't work: Hello,I purchased new ASUS monitor which has built in hardware like webcam, speakers and microphone. all of them work except microphone. it shows in device manager that it is up to date and i can also activate it in sound settings, but it doesnt work anyway. also whenever I...
  4. ASUS monitor built in microphone doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My built-in camera is not working

My built-in camera is not working: When I updated the windows, my camera started to be interrupted. Whenever I try to access it as well as other apps that requires camera, it gives me an error Windows Camera App error code 0xA00F4244. Anyone who can help me?...
  6. ASUS Built In Camera Failure

ASUS Built In Camera Failure: ERROR: 0xa00f4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> What I have tried: 1. Uninstall & Re-install 2. Disable and Enable. 3. Update Drivers, on PC and Windows. Using Device Manager 4. Installed all "missing" drivers from DriverEasy. 5. Checked Windows Firewall Settings. 6. Allowed...
  7. Screen flickering at low brightness (Asus Zen book)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen flickering at low brightness (Asus Zen book): So on my Asus Zen book I notice a light flicker on my screen when the brightness is low. It's using amd Vega 8 graphics which are up to date. This happened when it's unplugged and plugged in. It's always done this and is fairly new. Was wondering if there is anything else I...
  8. built-in camera doesn't work properly doesn't focus

built-in camera doesn't work properly doesn't focus: doesn't focus the view. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-camera-doesnt-work-properly-doesnt-focus/8d1b3c34-8a36-4e91-b61d-64474e822fec
  9. Camera doesn't work in Surface Book

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera doesn't work in Surface Book: Cameras are not activated and camera drivers don't appear to be present. The error is "No Cameras are attached." How can cameras be activated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-doesnt-work-in-surface-book/6ec33bcb-6865-4771-859d-4745dcf1cc49
  10. My Built In Camera Will Not Work

My Built In Camera Will Not Work: I got a new laptop recently and it came with a built in camera actually it said it a front facing camera. Now when I go to website to try to use my camera it will keep on telling me camera not found. This computer came with Windows 10. Can somebody please help me with this...