Windows 10: The built in Mail app can't seem to display kana properly in the subject-line of the email

Discus and support The built in Mail app can't seem to display kana properly in the subject-line of the email in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sprite-1 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sprite-1, Dec 22, 2019.

1. The built in Mail app can't seem to display kana properly in the subject-line of the email

/u/sprite-1, Dec 22, 2019
  2. kerrb Win User

Windows 10 Mail app not displaying emails properly

Hi, I'm new to the forums, but I just went to use the Mail app in Windows 10 for the first time and noticed that a lot of my emails are being displayed in a weird way, mostly with images. Most notably with youtube emails:
    Ex. 1

The built in Mail app can't seem to display kana properly in the subject-line of the email [​IMG]

(personal info has been 'oranged' out)
    An entire third of the screen is being used by a single line of text (also some words at the bottom of the email) that should really just be directly beneath the 'YouTube' logo banner.

This problem is exacerbated when the app is made smaller with window mode.
    Is this just normal for the Mail app, or is there a way to make emails and images display 'correctly'? I'm not very savvy when it comes to fixing these sorts of things...
    Cheers in advance.

kerrb, Dec 22, 2019
  3. sneekez Win User
    Windows 10 Mail app not displaying emails properly

Mine is doing this to kerrb and I can't find any help for it. As any ideas come your way? I know
    you haven't been replied too but I thought maybe you found something??? Thank you for your time

sneekez, Dec 22, 2019
  4. The built in Mail app can't seem to display kana properly in the subject-line of the email

Replying to an email from Windows Phone 7 device with a subject line, this shows as (no subject) in Outlook 2010

Hello everyone,

When using Outlook in Conversation View the Subject is the very first line. When expanding the conversation to reveal all the others who have replied the subject is not listed. This is By Design. The only way to get the other replies to display the
    Subject is to switch out of Conversation view. Once I switch out of Conversation view each reply to the e-mail thread has its own Subject line.

If the above does not reflect what you're experiencing please list the exact steps you're taking so that we can
    better understand the issue.

Regards,

Sergio P.

Sergio P ., Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

The built in Mail app can't seem to display kana properly in the subject-line of the email

1. The built in Mail app can't seem to display kana properly in the subject-line of the email - Similar Threads - built Mail app

2. Email Not Displaying Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Not Displaying Properly: For a while now, some of my received emails have not been displaying properly using the stock email app for BOTH Windows 10 & 11. Instead of text & pictures, I'm receiving formatting code?.This doesn't affect all messages, but it seems to be consistent in terms of the...
  3. Email Not Displaying Properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email Not Displaying Properly: For a while now, some of my received emails have not been displaying properly using the stock email app for BOTH Windows 10 & 11. Instead of text & pictures, I'm receiving formatting code?.This doesn't affect all messages, but it seems to be consistent in terms of the...
  4. Mail and Calendar app has quit displaying many of the HTML emails properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail and Calendar app has quit displaying many of the HTML emails properly: Running Mail Version 16005.14326.20970.0 . About 2 weeks ago it went from everything working to now a large percentage of the HTML emails won't decode. It displays the contents as text rather than translating the code. I have not been able to find where anyone else is having...
  5. Mail and Calendar app has quit displaying many of the HTML emails properly

Mail and Calendar app has quit displaying many of the HTML emails properly: Running Mail Version 16005.14326.20970.0 . About 2 weeks ago it went from everything working to now a large percentage of the HTML emails won't decode. It displays the contents as text rather than translating the code. I have not been able to find where anyone else is having...
  6. How to insert an Emoji or Symbol in the Email Subject Line or Body

in Windows 10 News
    How to insert an Emoji or Symbol in the Email Subject Line or Body: [ATTACH]Sending an email to your friend is not a big deal. But, do you know that you can put a picture in the subject line […] This article How to insert an Emoji or Symbol in the Email Subject Line or Body first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. windows 10 mail app - address, subject and date in one line (road)

windows 10 mail app - address, subject and date in one line (road): Hi, How is possible to form in win 10 mail app address, subject and date in one line (road)? As it was in old Outlook. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-app-address-subject-and-date-in/cfbf66a7-cd76-4677-b4f9-370867341c67
  8. Mail not adding email properly.

in Browsers and Email
    Mail not adding email properly.: So in a nutshell I had to reformat due to a booting issue. I know my email address, password, pop3 ports and mail servers. I can't get it to work again. I downloaded Windows Live Mail for Essentials 2012 and it freaking works just fine but Windows 10 Mail won't? It was...
  9. Windows 10 Mail app not displaying emails properly

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail app not displaying emails properly: Hi, I'm new to the forums, but I just went to use the Mail app in Windows 10 for the first time and noticed that a lot of my emails are being displayed in a weird way, mostly with images. Most notably with youtube emails: Ex. 1 [img] (personal info has been 'oranged'...
  10. Mail app not displaying sent emails in folder

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app not displaying sent emails in folder: I've added an IMAP account provided by an institutional server (****@fidas.org). I've checked that sent items are stored correctly when working on Windows Live Mail or from webmail. This is not the case with the new Windows 10 metro mail app, sent emails don't show in...