Windows 10: The calculator icon changed on the search field

Discus and support The calculator icon changed on the search field in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! Can anybody help me? The calculator icon changed on the start menu, but the app seems to be ok. I have no clue why. Thanks. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JosuéLuna, Apr 1, 2021.

1. The calculator icon changed on the search field

Hi!

Can anybody help me? The calculator icon changed on the start menu, but the app seems to be ok. I have no clue why.

Thanks.

The calculator icon changed on the search field 5ec70ee5-ea53-4311-807e-44444f9a084a?upload=true.png

The calculator icon changed on the search field 1ec7fbde-ef18-466c-87e0-da5bf6b3206d?upload=true.png

The calculator icon changed on the search field d0c31d66-1919-4fba-ae4a-d33a75c7ea53?upload=true.png

:)

JosuéLuna, Apr 1, 2021

2. System Icons in Search Field

So I just realized that it's displaying the icon that is associated with image file extensions, if that helps. Also, if I pin any of those particular applications (calculator, calendar, camera, settings, store), the proper icon is displayed. The only area
    in which there is an issue displaying the proper icon is the search field.

Anthony Falez, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

The calculator icon changed on the search field

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

The calculator icon changed on the search field

1. The calculator icon changed on the search field - Similar Threads - calculator icon changed

2. Cannot enter the "Search" field

in Cortana
    Cannot enter the "Search" field: Window 10 Pro w Office 365Trying to use the left mouse key to enter the search field on the taskbar but nothing happens and cannot do a search. The left mouse button does work on other apps,...
  3. The icons disappeared for UWP and windows apps in the search field

in Cortana
    The icons disappeared for UWP and windows apps in the search field: Hello, I noticed a very peculiar issue. The icons in the search field for windows and UWP apps disappeared and now they show a blank photo icon....
  4. Icons changed to Photo Icon in Search

in Cortana
    Icons changed to Photo Icon in Search: My search icons turned into the photo icons. It seems to only be items downloaded from the Microsoft Store.Please respond if you know what is happening.Thanks...
  5. The calculator icon changes on the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The calculator icon changes on the start menu: Hi! Can anybody help me? The calculator icon changed on the start menu, but the app seems to be ok. I have no clue why. Thanks. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-calculator-icon-changes-on-the-start-menu/61545bf9-1b0c-40e1-83d1-cbb12a048400
  6. Cannot type in search fields, run field, or Mail

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot type in search fields, run field, or Mail: After recovering from an exception error caused by CorsairVBusDriver.sys by first restoring windows, then renaming all occurrences of the file to include .bak at the end, I uninstalled Corsair Utility Engine, dated 2016, and installed the newest iCUE dated 2020. I am unable...
  7. Webpage search field

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Webpage search field: When I type in a search field from any website (google, reddit, yahoo) on either Chrome or Explorer, the suggestions are not highlighted as I scroll through them with the down arrow. Anyone knows a fix for this? submitted by /u/K3N5T3R [link] [comments]...
  8. Explorer Search Field/Folder Search Field is not working/unavailable

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Search Field/Folder Search Field is not working/unavailable: Hello, I am experiencing a weird issue, my Explorer search field/Folder search field seems not working: 1. When I click on it nothing happens, no blinking cursor appears as it should, to input searching query, nothing. 2. When I use combination Ctrl+F, I can input only 1...
  9. Cortana's search field not working and File Explorer search field not working

in Cortana
    Cortana's search field not working and File Explorer search field not working: I have tried all these suggested fixes and none of them fix either of the two problems. https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/file-explorer-search-not-working.html I am wondering if anyone else had this dual problem? I see there is a Powershell script I can run...
  10. How To Enable Typing Into Search Field (Cortana field?)

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Enable Typing Into Search Field (Cortana field?): I now find, to my great surprise, that I can't type in the Search field at bottom left. The cursor will go there but nothing will happen to it when I start typing. This is amazing. This computer. Endless problems. I have two computer each with win10 and each installed at...