Windows 10: The camera app on my laptop is not working Windows 10

Discus and support The camera app on my laptop is not working Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; [ATTACH] The camera app on my laptop is not working Windows 10, It shows the following error. I checked in the device manager but it does not show the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DipakShenvi, Apr 1, 2020.

1. The camera app on my laptop is not working Windows 10

The camera app on my laptop is not working Windows 10 d88207d9-d085-4d82-8722-5c83aa52d196?upload=true.png

The camera app on my laptop is not working Windows 10, It shows the following error. I checked in the device manager but it does not show the camera as an option anywhere. Please help. Thanks in advance.

:)

DipakShenvi, Apr 1, 2020

2. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Apr 1, 2020
  3. WINDOWS 10 CAMERA APP NOT WORKING

Hi,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

If you are referring to the Camera app then, I suggest you to uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows Powershell and reinstall using Windows Store. Follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the
      search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to reinstall the Camera app.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsCamera* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Camera app form the Windows Store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Camera app and webcams help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/camera-app-faq

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Apr 1, 2020
  4. The camera app on my laptop is not working Windows 10

Camera app not working on Windows 10

Hello Phoebe,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We're sorry to hear the inconvenience you have experienced.

Does it give any error message?

Suggest you to try with the below mentioned troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run built in Windows Store Apps troubleshooter

* Press Windows Key then type ‘troubleshoot’ and select the same from the list

* Select “View all” on the left panel and run “Windows Store Apps” troubleshooter from the list

* Click Advanced, ensure to check Apply repairs automatically
    and also select Run as administrator

* Click Next and finish the troubleshooting by following the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

Suggest you to check with the below article, which provides troubleshooting steps when Camera app fails to start.

How to fix Windows 10 issues with cameras when the Windows
    Camera app fails to launch

Fix Windows Camera app problems with USB web cameras

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

The camera app on my laptop is not working Windows 10

1. The camera app on my laptop is not working Windows 10 - Similar Threads - camera app laptop

2. My inbuilt camera is not working in the windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My inbuilt camera is not working in the windows 10 laptop: My inbuilt camera is not working in the windows 10 laptop Showing error 0xA00x4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-inbuilt-camera-is-not-working-in-the-windows-10/13176237-63d6-4e5f-978d-4ab8c5a3d277
  3. My inbuilt camera is not working in the windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My inbuilt camera is not working in the windows 10 laptop: My inbuilt camera is not working in the windows 10 laptop Showing error 0xA00x4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-inbuilt-camera-is-not-working-in-the-windows-10/13176237-63d6-4e5f-978d-4ab8c5a3d277
  4. My inbuilt camera is not working in the windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My inbuilt camera is not working in the windows 10 laptop: My inbuilt camera is not working in the windows 10 laptop Showing below error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-inbuilt-camera-is-not-working-in-the-windows-10/13176237-63d6-4e5f-978d-4ab8c5a3d277
  5. Windows 10 Camera App Not Working

Windows 10 Camera App Not Working: The Windows Default Camera app is not detecting my HP Webcam, although other apps and websites have been able to access it just fine. I am using Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.19042 Build 19042. Thank you in advance. 175373
  6. Laptop windows 10 Camera not working

Laptop windows 10 Camera not working: Dear Team, while taking photo with laptop camera, it was not saving or not capturing the photo. It is giving some error message like photo capture file creation failed. Kindly suggest to resolve the issue....
  7. Windows 10 Camera app not working on Sony Vaio laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Camera app not working on Sony Vaio laptop: I recently made a clean install of Windows 10 on a 10yr old Sony Vaio laptop. And every time I open the windows camera app the app would open for a few seconds and the image would display a greenish tint before crashing and closing unexpectedly. But if I use the camera on a...
  8. laptop camera not working with meeting apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    laptop camera not working with meeting apps: It appears that my laptop camera does not work with Zoom, Join.Me or WebEx because of incompatibility with Windows 10. Microsoft does not have any information addressing this that I can find. I did uninstall and reinstall Zoom, and checked that I have latest version of...
  9. Windows 10 Camera app not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Camera app not working: My webcam works fine, my face can be seen in Zoom, Discord, etc. When I open the camera app, though, I just get an indefinite blank screen with no text. https://imgur.com/q998NDD I've tried leaving it for up to two hours, but nothing changes. It doesn't seem like there are...
  10. Laptop Camera not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Laptop Camera not working in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The camera on Windows 10 usually works by default, but if your integrated Camera or Webcam does not work in Windows 10, then this troubleshooting guide will help you resolve the issue. To resolve it, we will look at the [...] This post Laptop Camera not...