Windows 10: The camera goes on and off continuously.

Discus and support The camera goes on and off continuously. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I open the camera app, the camera starts but after 2 seconds it freezes and the picture is gone and again after 2 seconds it starts and again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SanketSaitawdekar, Mar 9, 2020.

1. The camera goes on and off continuously.

When I open the camera app, the camera starts but after 2 seconds it freezes and the picture is gone and again after 2 seconds it starts and again stops. And this starting and stopping goes on in a loop. But let me tell you the app does not closes in between all of this. And also the light beside my camera in my laptop goes on and off, so when the camera light goes offbasically when laptop camera goes off the picture is also gone in the app. And it comes back and again goes off. I don't know what to do.

:)

SanketSaitawdekar, Mar 9, 2020

2. Tried messenger for camera....

Hi,

Normally, the issue with the camera not being detected is caused by an outdated driver or a recent update triggers a system conflict. To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps listed on this
    link. This is to identify and resolve any issues if Windows
    can't detect the device.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Mar 9, 2020
  3. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Mar 9, 2020
  4. jekiboi20 Win User

The camera goes on and off continuously.

Camera is green

Hi GeorgiaPeach,

Welcome to the forum!

You can try these steps and see if it will make any difference:

• Power cycle
    1. Turn off the phone then remove the back cover and the battery.

2. Reinsert the battery and the back cover then turn on your phone.

• Reset your camera settings
    1. Go to Settings.

2. Swipe to Application settings.

3. Choose Photos+camera.

4. Select Reset camera.

If the issue still persists, you can try to perform the steps provided on this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2749480. If the steps on the link will not work, I suggest that you
    visit the nearest Nokia repair facility for it to be repaired. See this link: http://www.nokia.com/global/support/locations/ to check the repair facility near your area.

jekiboi20, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

The camera goes on and off continuously.

1. The camera goes on and off continuously. - Similar Threads - camera goes off

2. Bluetooth goes on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth goes on and off: My bluetooth keeps on turning off / disconnecting. When I connect it will only last for 15 to half an hour then disconnect. I tried to use my device and connect it to other PC that I have without problem at all but not on this laptop. I check if there is anything that block...
  3. Bluetooth goes on and off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth goes on and off: My bluetooth keeps on turning off / disconnecting. When I connect it will only last for 15 to half an hour then disconnect. I tried to use my device and connect it to other PC that I have without problem at all but not on this laptop. I check if there is anything that block...
  4. Sound goes off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound goes off: Every now and then there is no system sound, and the volume mixer shows that it's muted. It's easy enough to make the one-time correction, but why does it keep happening and can I prevent a recurrence?...
  5. Sound goes off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound goes off: Every now and then there is no system sound, and the volume mixer shows that it's muted. It's easy enough to make the one-time correction, but why does it keep happening and can I prevent a recurrence?...
  6. Sound goes off

7. Camera goes off at intervals

Camera goes off at intervals: I use my laptop for on line classes and requires me using the camera but my camera goes off at intervals. It's Acer ES14 Intel pentium Quad core Processor N 3700. Thanks for your help....
  8. Computer goes off and on

Computer goes off and on: My computer is 2 years old was working just fine up until 2 days ago when the blue screen came up and said that there was information being gathered and that my computer would be restarted.I came back the next day and turned it on Again I got the blue screen that wouldn't...
  9. Screen goes off and on when pc goes off and on?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen goes off and on when pc goes off and on?: How do I set the screen to go on and off so I don't have to press 2 buttons every time? Bildschirm geht aus und an wenn pc aus und an geht?
  10. Camera light goes on and off

Camera light goes on and off: New Dell Inspiron 7590 has integrated webcam that is blinking off on on, even in the Camera app. Great machine but if I can't use it for video calls, what's the point given everybody is working from home. This is using Microsoft USB drivers version 10.0.18362.815 consisting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 camera goes on and off

2. camera goes on and off

3. camera goes on and off continuously

4. camera windows ona nd off,
  5. zoom camera goes on and off,
  6. windows camera goes on and off,
  7. camera on and off continuously