Windows 10: The camera on my HP laptop does not work even though all of the privacy settings are turned on.

Discus and support The camera on my HP laptop does not work even though all of the privacy settings are turned on. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The camera on my HP laptop does not work even though all of the privacy settings are turned on. I get this message. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EdNicholls1, Nov 3, 2020.

1. The camera on my HP laptop does not work even though all of the privacy settings are turned on.

The camera on my HP laptop does not work even though all of the privacy settings are turned on.

I get this message.

The camera on my HP laptop does not work even though all of the privacy settings are turned on. e571200e-1abb-4c6e-aef2-d696147109e2?upload=true.jpg

:)

EdNicholls1, Nov 3, 2020

2. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Nov 3, 2020
  4. The camera on my HP laptop does not work even though all of the privacy settings are turned on.

Camera not working Privacy settings error

Hi, my name is Neil, I'm an independent adviser and a Windows 10 user like you.

Sorry you're having issues with your camera. I appreciate that you have already tried some solutions to fix your camera, but could you just go through the following steps and check through each one (especially if you have a third party anti virus or firewall
    installed):

WEBCAM BUTTONS

If you are using a laptop, does it have a webcam key you can press (usually on the one of the F Keys)? It normally has a picture on the F key that represents a webcam.

Normally pressing and holding the Fn button (function button) + the associated F Key will turn on / off your webcam when it is pressed. Sometimes you don't need to press the Fn key and just the F Key to cycle it On or Off.

Other computers can have a physical hardware button you need to press or slide into an On position.

Some laptops have a sliding lens cover that when closed or not fully opened properly will prevent your webcam from working.

If this does not work try the following:

PRIVACY SETTINGS

Can you press the Windows Key + I on your keyboard to open Settings.

Now click on Privacy.

On the left hand side under "App permissions", click on Camera.

First of all, make sure the slider under "Allow apps to access your camera" is turned on.

Then under "Choose which Microsoft Store apps can access your camera" make sure the sliders for the Apps you want to use your camera are all turned on.

Close the settings and then try and use your camera again.

ANTI-VIRUS & FIREWALL

Can you also check your anti-virus software for any Privacy Protection settings it may have. Some anti-virus programs (like Kaspersky) block your webcam by default to stop unauthorised monitoring.

Also check your firewall software for Privacy Settings and also make sure that any Apps that want to use your camera are allowed to pass through your firewall.

UNINSTALL / REINSTALL

If you can Right Click your Start button and then choose Device Manager from the list.

In Device Manager, click the View menu and select "Show hidden devices"

Look for your webcam in the list. It might be under >Imaging Devices or >Other Devices. Click on the arrow > next to a category to expand that category until you find your webcam.

When you find your Webcam, Right Click on the webcam and choose "Uninstall Device"

Make sure you check the box to "Delete the driver software for this device".

Click the Uninstall button.

Now close down Device Manager and reboot your computer. Your computer will reinstall the webcam driver as it reboots.

When you have rebooted, check to see if your problem is resolved.

Let me know how you get on. If you still have problems, we can try some other steps.

Smug Puppy, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

The camera on my HP laptop does not work even though all of the privacy settings are turned on.

1. The camera on my HP laptop does not work even though all of the privacy settings are turned on. - Similar Threads - camera laptop does

2. Camera does not work in Skype, even though it works in other apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera does not work in Skype, even though it works in other apps: Hi. Camera works in every app - the "Camera" app, Teams, Zoom - without problem. But it doesn't work only in Skype. It happened after update to Skype 8.66. I tried - reset pc, reinstall Skype 8.66, uninstall, install older version 8.60, 8.56, 8.39. - install last...
  3. Camera not working Privacy settings error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera not working Privacy settings error: Hi, I have a lenovo 1507 laptop. Recently i have been facing issues with my camera application. Whenever I open my camera I get an error "we need your permission to use this app open privacy setting and change the settings to allow the app to use your camera and...
  4. My computer doesn't have a change camera privacy settings even though it shows up on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer doesn't have a change camera privacy settings even though it shows up on...: I'm trying to use a webcam and it requires me to go to the change camera privacy settings. But it doesn't show up. What could be the problem here? submitted by /u/manuelManes [link] [comments]...
  5. HP Laptop camera not working

HP Laptop camera not working: Intro details: Windows 10, HP ENVY x360 -15z-ds000 CTO Started my laptop up on Tuesday, and I was surprised to find that the camera was not found while I was on calls on Teams/Zoom/etc. It worked perfectly on Monday, and I didn't really do anything....
  6. HP Laptop camera not working

HP Laptop camera not working: Intro details: Windows 10, HP ENVY x360 -15z-ds000 CTO Started my laptop up today, and I was surprised to find that the camera was not found while I was on calls. It worked perfectly yesterday, and I didn't really do anything. 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> is the error...
  7. I cannot access my integrated Camera at all on my HP laptop. The Camera doesn't even appear...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot access my integrated Camera at all on my HP laptop. The Camera doesn't even appear...: As the title says, I have no way of accessing my built-in camera on my HP laptop. It doesn't appear in the Device Manager, and not even when i select "hidden drivers". Whenever i open the Camera application, it just states that it cannot find my camera. I can't find any...
  8. Camera / Privacy Settings Issue

Camera / Privacy Settings Issue: Hi everyone, I have a Lenovo Yoga 910 and have been experiencing some trouble with the built-in webcam for quite some time and now as the demand for video conferencing has increased dramatically I am focused on trying to solve this. As I open any app that uses the camera...
  9. No camera option in Settings > Privacy.

No camera option in Settings > Privacy.: Hello, I recently bought a Microsoft HD-3000 webcam and I cannot use it because there is no option in settings to allow other apps to use the camera. There is actually no tab called Camera....
  10. After turning on my laptop there is a privacy settings and then error.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After turning on my laptop there is a privacy settings and then error.: When I turn on my HP windows 10 notebook there is shown a privacy settings in a blue background. After setting up and clicking accept, there is shown " Something went worng. But you can try again." After clicking try again the same thing happens. So I can not use my laptop....