Windows 10: the camera on my laptop stopped working after an update

Discus and support the camera on my laptop stopped working after an update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The camera on my laptop was working ok than there was a updated and I could not get it working again. Just a black screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by eddydowling, Feb 8, 2020.

1. the camera on my laptop stopped working after an update

The camera on my laptop was working ok than there was a updated and I could not get it working again. Just a black screen.

:)

eddydowling, Feb 8, 2020

2. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Camera on laptop not working

Hello Ferrandino,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the camera is not working in your PC. We will help you.

As per the description above, you have tried troubleshooting and still the camera is not working. This could be a hardware issue in your PC.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What all steps did you try to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any recent hardware or software changes prior to the issue?
    • Did you try updating or reinstalling the camera drivers?
    • What is the exact make and model of your machine?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 8, 2020
  4. the camera on my laptop stopped working after an update

camera on laptop not working with skype windows 10

Hi Nicky,

Since your camera has worked before, there may be changes on your computer that caused it to stop working. For us to isolate this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Have you performed any updates or made any changes on your computer before the camera stopped working?
    • Is the camera working with other apps?
    • Have you set Skype as one of the apps that can use the camera?

While waiting for your reply, let's verify if Skype is one of the apps that is allowed to use the camera. Follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo, then select Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Camera.
    • Make sure Let apps use the camera is turned on.
    • Under Choose apps that can use your camera, make sure that Skype
      is set to ON.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

the camera on my laptop stopped working after an update

1. the camera on my laptop stopped working after an update - Similar Threads - camera laptop stopped

2. Laptop camera stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop camera stopped working: The USB2.0 HD webcam on my ASUS VivoBook stopped working. The light comes on when I try to join a Zoom, but no video image comes up. What can I do to resolve. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-camera-stopped-working/654109bd-64a4-4d67-860a-de5e3c78098d
  3. Laptop camera stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop camera stopped working: The USB2.0 HD webcam on my ASUS VivoBook stopped working. The light comes on when I try to join a Zoom, but no video image comes up. What can I do to resolve. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-camera-stopped-working/654109bd-64a4-4d67-860a-de5e3c78098d
  4. Laptop camera stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Camera stopped working after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera stopped working after latest update: I have a surface X and all the sudden, face login and camera is not working, may have been a recent update but not certain.Have uninstalled and reinstalled all devices under camera, but it has not helped.Any ideas?TIA!...
  6. Camera stopped working after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera stopped working after latest update: I have a surface X and all the sudden, face login and camera is not working, may have been a recent update but not certain.Have uninstalled and reinstalled all devices under camera, but it has not helped.Any ideas?TIA!...
  7. Laptop Inbuilt Camera Software Stopped working after Update

Laptop Inbuilt Camera Software Stopped working after Update: Dear Team, After a recent update for Windows, the laptop inbuilt camera has stopped working, have tried to update driver's and firmaware, Bios & chipset drivers for the machine but nothing helped. As it has happened after a Windows Update, kindly provide a patch or...
  8. Camera app stopped working after update

Camera app stopped working after update: I have an issue with my camera app. After Windows update, it stopped working. I get an error code 0xA00F4243. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-stopped-working-after-update/f198cad5-2f23-4451-947c-1b383da46967
  9. laptop camera not stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop camera not stopped working: My camera on my laptop has stopped working and means I can no longer do video call. This error keeps coming up 0xA00F425D<VideoCaptureStartFailed> 0x800706BF Does anyone have any advice?...
  10. Camera stopped working on my Dell laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera stopped working on my Dell laptop: Dell Inspiron 5559. The camera of my laptop stopped working as expected. It works only when I turn on the laptop, but when it goes to sleep or I close the lid the issue shows up. It starts working only after rebooting my laptop. My touchpad has also stopped working. Help!...