Windows 10: The 'Categorize' option in my Microsoft Calendar app disappeared

Discus and support The 'Categorize' option in my Microsoft Calendar app disappeared in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've been using the Microsoft Calendar app for quite a while now, and I really liked the categorize option that allowed me to color code specific... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sean Ellison Sow, Mar 24, 2019.

1. The 'Categorize' option in my Microsoft Calendar app disappeared

Hi, I've been using the Microsoft Calendar app for quite a while now, and I really liked the categorize option that allowed me to color code specific events on my calendar just by right clicking them. Today, I noticed that of my two accounts registered on my email app, one wasn't syncing properly. I decided to remove the account and I logged it on again. That worked and my emails started syncing.

My calendar events, however, all disappeared, so I decided to re-enter events. Unfortunately, the categorize option has disappeared and now I can only change the 'show as' options, but that doesn't really help for my purpose because I can't distinguish between events with one look.

I would appreciate if someone could help me restore the categorize option.

:)

Sean Ellison Sow, Mar 24, 2019
  2. msruiz Win User

Calendar app - categorize appointment

Hello,

I have the "Categorize" option in the Calendar app for W10. It worked OK but suddenly my categories are missing. I don't seem to find the help for this feature. Someone can help?

Thanks

msruiz, Mar 24, 2019
  3. Calendar app - categorize appointment

Hi,

Based on the information that you've provided, it seems that there are changes on the Calendar app settings.

For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Have you made any changes on the Calendar app prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Gerard Qui, Mar 24, 2019
  4. The 'Categorize' option in my Microsoft Calendar app disappeared

categorize entries in windows 10 calendar

Hello Carol,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per description, you like to find a way to categorize the entries in the windows 10 using calendar app.

I would suggest you to refer to the Microsoft Helps article given below and check if that helps.

Refer:

Mail and Calendar apps for Windows 10 Help

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

The 'Categorize' option in my Microsoft Calendar app disappeared

1. The 'Categorize' option in my Microsoft Calendar app disappeared - Similar Threads - 'Categorize' option Microsoft

2. Microsoft calendar app view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft calendar app view: So many issues with the new calendar but let me start with the view problems I'm having. This is within the microsoft calendar app linked to my hotmail. I work from the month view and it used to be that if there were more events in the calendar for a particular day than were...
  3. Events keep disappearing on the Calendar App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Events keep disappearing on the Calendar App: Hi everyone,Last week I got around to adding all my classes and other things I need to do to the calendar app on my computer, and they all appeared, but the next day they were gone. I tried adding them again, and they have disappeared once again. This is making it really hard...
  4. Events keep disappearing on the Calendar App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Events keep disappearing on the Calendar App: Hi everyone,Last week I got around to adding all my classes and other things I need to do to the calendar app on my computer, and they all appeared, but the next day they were gone. I tried adding them again, and they have disappeared once again. This is making it really hard...
  5. Microsoft Calendar app

Microsoft Calendar app: I am facing difficulty in copy & pasting Zoom , google meet links in the Windows calendar app into my web browser. What is the reason ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-calendar-app/6bd59096-621e-426d-9589-9c9b7daba6c1
  6. No option to sync Gmail Calendar with Mail and Calendar app

No option to sync Gmail Calendar with Mail and Calendar app: I have follow a million different threads with no resolution. I have a gmail account that stopped syncing a couple of days ago. I deleted the account and when I tried to add it back I entered Manage Accounts -> Add Account -> Google and received the following error. [ATTACH]...
  7. My Calendar items have disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Calendar items have disappeared: After installing Windows 10 version 1903 yesterday virtually all of my entries in My Calendar have disappeared. Unfortunately I hadn't backed them up, so this was the only source I had for past and future appointments. They weren't syncing to iCloud, although it seems I can...
  8. I can't categorize my calendar and contacts in Outlook. Is this fixed yet?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't categorize my calendar and contacts in Outlook. Is this fixed yet?: I just set up my Gmail account to feed into Outlook (Version 1812). I can't get the categories function to work. I use it on my work laptop (Exchange Server) all of the tie an rely heavily on the feature. I read old threads on the topic. Does MS have a solution for this...
  9. Lost option to color categorize entries in Windows 10 calendar.

in Browsers and Email
    Lost option to color categorize entries in Windows 10 calendar.: Not sure what happened but I used to be able to categorize events with colors. The option came up by right clicking but now when I right click I only get the options Show As and Delete. Older items that I categorized are still showing in their respective colors. This issue...
  10. Microsoft Mail and Calendar App

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Mail and Calendar App: I tried to use MS Mail using subject app - and it looked good....except it kept changing my password and wouldn't work. I noticed there was an earlier closed thread similar to this, but not current and the solution regarded 3rd party firewall, which is not my case. I am using...