Windows 10: The Charms bar

Discus and support The Charms bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is it possible to disable the charms bar in 8.1 so that it doesn't keep popping up? I never use it. 7294 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Frank1, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Frank1 Win User

The Charms bar

Is it possible to disable the charms bar in 8.1 so that it doesn't keep popping up? I never use it.

:)

Frank1, Jun 21, 2015

2. Charms bar in Windows 10

That one is harder to find. Were you thinking of Devices charm (Win-k) for the Print button? If your keyboard has a PrtScrn button you could use that conventionally. E.g. Alt-PrtScrn would Copy just the dialog window to ClipBoard and then you would have
    to do something with it from there. Otherwise it looks like the simplest thing to do would be to use the Share charm (Win-h)

HTH

Robert

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Jun 21, 2015
  3. Charms bar in Windows 10

Basically, I was trying to print screen. I wanted a copy of my properties screen shot and I was searching the Microsoft forum and was trying to figure out the reply to "where is my charm". Vanessa Sohtan answered my question on the missing Charm.

Sunshine2013, Jun 21, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

The Charms bar

Go to:
    Settings -> PC & Devices -> Corner & Edges and you can disable the charms from there.
    HTH
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Jun 21, 2015
  5. Frank1 Win User
    That did it and I could see that there were other things I could do there. Thanks, Jeff and have a pleasant day.

Frank1, Jun 21, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Glad to help and same to you.
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

The Charms bar

1. The Charms bar - Similar Threads - Charms bar

2. i like windows 8.1 horizontal start screen, charm bar and all apps...i want it back...thanks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i like windows 8.1 horizontal start screen, charm bar and all apps...i want it back...thanks.: i like windows 8.1 horizontal start screen, charm bar, all apps, and windows start screen zoom in and zoom out effects. i like its tiles apps closing style, its colourful taskbar with colourful titlebar, one more thing is that i also like windows 7 win+tab effect with sliding...
  3. i like windows 8.1 horizontal start screen, charm bar and all apps...i want it back...thanks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i like windows 8.1 horizontal start screen, charm bar and all apps...i want it back...thanks.: i like windows 8.1 horizontal start screen, charm bar, all apps, and windows start screen zoom in and zoom out effects. i like its tiles apps closing style, its colourful taskbar with colourful titlebar, one more thing is that i also like windows 7 win+tab effect with sliding...
  4. how can i get back The Windows 8.1 Charms Bar on Windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i get back The Windows 8.1 Charms Bar on Windows 11 ?: i think the title is my question, So https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-back-the-windows-81-charms-bar-on/f5933c4b-074b-4fe5-b7aa-f04700c78fb1
  5. how can i get back The Windows 8.1 Charms Bar on Windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i get back The Windows 8.1 Charms Bar on Windows 11 ?: i think the title is my question, So https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-back-the-windows-81-charms-bar-on/f5933c4b-074b-4fe5-b7aa-f04700c78fb1
  6. Windows 10 leak suggests Windows 8 charms bar-like feature is coming

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 leak suggests Windows 8 charms bar-like feature is coming: We reported recently that Microsoft’s Sun Valley Update for Windows 10 will also include productivity and multitasking features in addition to cosmetic changes. Now there’s a bit more to add to the story. According to a new report, Microsoft is internally testing a new...
  7. How do i Restore Windows 8.1's UIstart menu and Charms Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i Restore Windows 8.1's UIstart menu and Charms Bar: Windows 8.1's start menu and charms bar are very nice. But after windows 10 came up charms bar and start menu like metro ui got disabled.Please restore this in next update.Windows 8.1's UI is very nice compared to any other windows OS.Please restore it...
  8. Charms-bar in Windows 10?

Charms-bar in Windows 10?: Is there a way to use the charms bar from Windows 8 in Windows 10? It doesn't matter if you have to download it first. If there is a program that does what it does then please link to it. Charms-bar in Windows 10?
  9. Charms Bar in Windows 10

Charms Bar in Windows 10: Hi, Microsoft team! I am a Windows 10 user (ex- Windows 8.1 user) and I actually liked my Windows 8.1, more than Windows 10. Pity I cannot move back to previous windows, anyhow, I would like to have charms bar in here, but I can't find it. Used Win + C and all the methods...
  10. Where is the charms bar on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is the charms bar on windows 10?: I have to get to there but cannot find it. Googled and i dont find any direct answer. 77883