Windows 10: The command:' perfmon /report ' is timing out/not completing

Discus and support The command:' perfmon /report ' is timing out/not completing in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've run this command many times without issue, but now after just a few seconds I get this error message: [img] How can I resolve this? TIA 132832 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Eddie Doc, May 18, 2019.

1. Eddie Doc Win User

The command:' perfmon /report ' is timing out/not completing

I've run this command many times without issue, but now after just a few seconds I get this error message:

The command:' perfmon /report ' is timing out/not completing [​IMG]

How can I resolve this?
    TIA

:)

Eddie Doc, May 18, 2019
  2. Dadof 5 Win User

perfmon /report fails to produce report after timeout error

Sorry to hear that. If you open the command prompt and simply type PERFMON and then when there performance monitor window opens look under Reports do you see any reports listed there at all? Sometimes it will say it timed out but it actually completed
    the report and failed to recognize the report completion hence the time-out

Dadof 5, May 18, 2019
  3. perfmon /report fails to produce report after timeout error

yes, I tried running perfmon /report as admin

to be clear, perfmon runs okay.

perfmon /report is a command line option that is supposed to generate a diagnostic report

"perfmon /report" is what I type in the run box and that runs but generates an error message after it spends 60 seconds gathering performance data. The error message is:

The command:' perfmon /report ' is timing out/not completing cff68948-f446-4234-a63d-9eb65fcf127a?upload=true.jpg

RickNarveson, May 18, 2019
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

Thema:

1. The command:' perfmon /report ' is timing out/not completing - Similar Threads - command perfmon report

2. Accumulated status report times

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Accumulated status report times: I have set up a Family account for my granddaughter on our PC (running Windows 10). After my wife has been on the PC, my granddaughter’s account shows the logged times of my wife’s activities!! We have ensured we have logged our granddaughter off but still see the...
  3. Completely Locked Out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Completely Locked Out: On the very first screen you see when you turn on your computer (after the INSIGNIA logo appears and disappears), I am supposed to input my password to get in. It won't recognize my password. What do I do?...
  4. Perfmon /report not working. Timed out.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Perfmon /report not working. Timed out.: New Dell Inspiron w/Windows 10 Home. Tried perfmon /report but received Error. Timed out. Tried sfc /scannow but no errors found. Changed SERVICES settings in "Performance Logs & Alerts" to Automatic from Manual and in "Problem Reports and Solutions Control Panel" to...
  5. Script or command to update time

in Windows 10 Support
    Script or command to update time: I would like to update the time once a day by way of the Task Scheduler. Is there a command to do this? 24135
  6. Cannot Complete Scannow in Command Prompt

Cannot Complete Scannow in Command Prompt: My Windows 10 computer has been freezing/crashing frequently recently (HP Pavilion 500-123ea). I got some good advice via this forum to try running the sfc/scannow diagnostic process to try to resolve the problem. However it gets up to about 56% and I get an error message:...
  7. Windows Problem Reporting completely crashing PC

Windows Problem Reporting completely crashing PC: If I leave my PC for a while, whenever I come back to it the entire system is completely crashed. Mouse frozen, programs unresponsive. Occasionally it (barely) functions long enough for me to access task manager and I see many instances of 'Windows Problem Reporting' and my...
  8. PerfMon over a long time range?

PerfMon over a long time range?: So, I was hit with a question from a client and I didn't know the answer. They wanted to do some testing on a server we host, Server Standard 2016 x64. They asked if we could use Perfmon to output a file using the System Performance report....but over a six week period. I've...
  9. perfmon /report may be broken in CU 15063.14 (build 1703) Pro

perfmon /report may be broken in CU 15063.14 (build 1703) Pro: Could someone running this CU Pro version please run the report to see if they get the same failing results?: [img] I did not find any issues when running the CU Home version on another rig: [img] Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards,...
  10. Perfmon/report system health report function missing ?

Perfmon/report system health report function missing ?: I just wanted to know if MS removed the system health report feature from performance monitor. If so how do you start a system health report in Windows 10, it seems to differ from Windows 7 where you can find in advanced tools "Generate a system health report" ? Thanks!...