Windows 10: The compressed (zipped) folder is invalid [Fix]

Discus and support The compressed (zipped) folder is invalid [Fix] in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]If you see The compressed (zipped) folder is invalid error when you try to extract the contents of the zipped file on your Windows 11/10 computer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 2, 2023.

1. WinClub New Member

The compressed (zipped) folder is invalid [Fix]

The compressed (zipped) folder is invalid [Fix] [​IMG]
    If you see The compressed (zipped) folder is invalid error when you try to extract the contents of the zipped file on your Windows 11/10 computer, then this post offers suggestions to help you resolve the issue. This error indicates that the zip file is corrupt, incomplete, or damaged and that the extraction cannot proceed. […]

This article The compressed (zipped) folder is invalid [Fix] first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Mar 2, 2023

2. invalid compressed zip folder. The compressed (zipped)folder"C database.zip is invalid.

i have an hp laptop with window 10. This laptop is connected to my phone for internet through the hotspot . i was trying to download a software whose size is 300mb from easybooksgh.com but kept receiving the message that "The compressed (zipped)folder"C
    database.zip is invalid. What do i do Plz?

kazeem l.ademola, Mar 2, 2023
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Unable to Unzip compressed folders. Error: ‘The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted’

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Which tool are you using to unzip the files?
    • Did you try to unzip the files on a different computer?
    • Does this happen only with a particular zip file?
    • Have you tested with zip files (or other files) of smaller sizes?

There are several reasons which can cause this issue, here are a few of them.

• If the compressed files are infected.
    • The slow download rate and poor internet connection can corrupt the download.
    • If there is a problem with the tool used to zip/unzip the files.
    • The downloaded file is originally corrupted.

Try with unzipping a different compressed file/folder (of smaller size) and see if it works.
    Re-download the folder to ensure that the folder downloaded earlier is not corrupted.

If it does not work, try with unzipping the folder on a different machine.

If the issue persists, try with a different tool to unzip the files.

Hope it helps

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community Moderator

Peer_Sam, Mar 2, 2023
  4. The compressed (zipped) folder is invalid [Fix]

invalid compressed zip folder. The compressed (zipped)folder"C database.zip is invalid.

I have several Zip Folders that get the Invalid error message

ChildrensAidSociety, Mar 2, 2023
Thema:

The compressed (zipped) folder is invalid [Fix]

1. The compressed (zipped) folder is invalid [Fix] - Similar Threads - compressed zipped folder

2. The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Error: The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Errorthis error shows up everytime i try to open a Zip-file, any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-compressed-zipped-folder-is-invalid-error/65336e0b-c60c-406e-88a2-b9f2afb6bb6b
  3. The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Error: The Compressed Zipped Folder Is Invalid Errorthis error shows up everytime i try to open a Zip-file, any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-compressed-zipped-folder-is-invalid-error/65336e0b-c60c-406e-88a2-b9f2afb6bb6b
  4. Compressed zipped folders Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Compressed zipped folders Error: I am attempting to open a zipped folder that I recently completed downloading this is actually about my 5th attempt at this, I even bought an external hard drive thinking that my computer might not have enough space, and yet ... I keep getting the same Windows error...
  5. Compressed zipped folders error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Compressed zipped folders error: Every time I start my computer, I get a box pop up with "Compressed zipped folders error". I can't work out why as it is on startup so I haven't tried to open or compress any files....
  6. Compressed zipped Folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Compressed zipped Folders: The popup shoes please insert the last Buddhist all the multi-volume set and click okay to continue I have tried looking online to find a solution for this problem but have not been able to I am using Microsoft Windows 10 home to pop up every time I open up Explorer this...
  7. Creating A Compressed (Zip) Folder

Creating A Compressed (Zip) Folder: I am trying to compress an image that is 3.6Mb in size. When I create a zip file the new image is the same size-it is not being reduced. Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with the program. Thanks....
  8. Compressed (zipped) Folders Error

Compressed (zipped) Folders Error: [ATTACH] I am getting this message when trying to compress any folder on my Windows 10 Computer why? How do I fix the below message? Unable to complete the operation. Access is denied....
  9. Compressed Zipped Folder Errors

Compressed Zipped Folder Errors: Hi there, I keep getting a 'Compressed Zipped Folders Error' message when trying to open a file. It has never happened before. Can anyone advise please? Many thanks....
  10. Unable to Unzip compressed folders. Error: ‘The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or...

Unable to Unzip compressed folders. Error: ‘The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or...: I recently began using DropBox to download files, and I was able to download one folder perfectly fine, able to unzip and view image files at will. However, the second ZIP folder I downloaded from my DropBox account could neither be unzipped nor could any files be viewed...