Windows 10: The computer can't sleep

Discus and support The computer can't sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The computer can't sleep automatically when it reaches the set time. Only when the update orchestrator service usosvc is disabled can the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by vs009, Mar 3, 2020.

1. vs009 Win User

The computer can't sleep

The computer can't sleep automatically when it reaches the set time. Only when the update orchestrator service usosvc is disabled can the computer sleep normally. And the service will automatically start the next time it is started. 18363.418 is normal, as is the case with all subsequent versions. Please fix the bug as soon as possible. Now it has been returned to 18363.418

:)

vs009, Mar 3, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Computer sleeping

Hi,

For us to better understand your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Is you computer going to sleep while you're using it?
    • How many minutes does it take before your computer goes to sleep?
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Mar 3, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    After Windows 10 Anniversary Update Computer Not Sleeping

Hello.

Does disabling the HID-Complaint Touch Screen driver resolves the issue? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and see if your device go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

We also suggest to check if the settings of the Power Options of your device are set so that the device will go into Sleep mode after a period of time. You may follow the steps below to check is Sleep mode is enabled on your device:

• Press the Windows button + X, then click on
      Power Options.
    • Click Change when the computer
      sleeps.
    • Change the settings to your preferred settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Mar 3, 2020
  4. The computer can't sleep

Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

The computer can't sleep

1. The computer can't sleep - Similar Threads - computer can't sleep

2. Sleeping computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleeping computer: My friend needs to continually login with his pin, as his computer with Windows 10 falls asleep. I looked in the sleep feature and it's turned off! Guessing he did set his sleep feature after getting annoyed so often. Not good for his battery for sureHe has a laptop.How can...
  3. Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep: I have done EVERY SINGLE thing recommended on the web. I have asked in FB forums. No resolution.Starting about a week ago, for no apparent reason, my monitor will no longer go into sleep mode. Like I said, I have done every fix I can find or looked into them, as many I did...
  4. Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep: I have done EVERY SINGLE thing recommended on the web. I have asked in FB forums. No resolution.Starting about a week ago, for no apparent reason, my monitor will no longer go into sleep mode. Like I said, I have done every fix I can find or looked into them, as many I did...
  5. Computer will no sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer will no sleep: When I go to put computer to sleep it won't https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-will-no-sleep/793b4a31-63f5-4c30-afb7-100d24a0d015"
  6. can't sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't sleep: have windows 10 and computer will not sleep. sometimes shutting down then starting right up again. I am versed in all the typical fixes which none of them worked. all drivers are up to date 19870
  7. Computer will not sleep.

Computer will not sleep.: Hi, I am having trouble getting my computer to sleep. Can someone please look at this for me? 6968
  8. Can't change when computer sleeps

Can't change when computer sleeps: Control Panel -> Power Options -> Change when the computer sleeps -> Put the computer to sleep So I change from the default 2 hours to Never. Save changes and after two hours of inactivity the puter goes to sleep, like a baby. When I wake it up and check the setting it's...
  9. Can't wake computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't wake computer from sleep: So this is my current problem: ever since I upgraded to an SSD and did a clean install of windows 10, I can't wake up my computer from sleep. On my old hard drive I did not have this problem. Whenever the screen times out, my mouse and keyboard are unresponsive and nothing I...
  10. Computer can't shutdown or sleep, only restart.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer can't shutdown or sleep, only restart.: Hey guys. I hope someone here can help me with my current problem on my desktop. Whenever I try to shutdown my computer the montior shuts off and my drives stops after a few seconds, but my fans and LEDs keeps running. I've tried to do all the suggestions from My Laptop...