Windows 10: The computer did not resync because no time data was available. (since update KB4100347)

Discus and support The computer did not resync because no time data was available. (since update KB4100347) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use only 1 live tile, MSN weather. It stops working on a daily basis now since the last update I received, the microcode one. The cause is "The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sqrly, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Sqrly Win User

The computer did not resync because no time data was available. (since update KB4100347)

I use only 1 live tile, MSN weather. It stops working on a daily basis now since the last update I received, the microcode one. The cause is "The computer did not resync because no time data was available". I know how to fix that but I don't know why it keeps happening.

In an elevated command prompt I run the following command (w32tm /resync) and I get the error "The computer did not resync because no time data was available"

I then run the following commands..

net stop w32time
    w32tm /unregister
    w32tm /register
    net start w32time

Then I can run (w32tm /resync) and I get "The command completed successfully".

Then I reboot the PC and the weather tile works again.

I looked in services and "Windows Time" is set to "Manual (Triggered Start)"

I looked in Task Scheduler (Local) > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Time Synchronization and there is a "Synchronize Time" task but it has no trigger.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
    <Task version="1.6" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/windows/2004/02/mit/task">
    <RegistrationInfo>
    <Source>Windows Time</Source>
    <Author>Microsoft Corporation</Author>
    <Description>Maintains date and time synchronization on all clients and servers in the network. If this service is stopped, date and time synchronization will be unavailable. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.</Description>
    <URI>\Microsoft\Windows\Time Synchronization\SynchronizeTime</URI>
    </RegistrationInfo>
    <Triggers />
    <Principals>
    <Principal id="LocalService">
    <UserId>S-1-5-19</UserId>
    <RunLevel>HighestAvailable</RunLevel>
    </Principal>
    </Principals>
    <Settings>
    <MultipleInstancesPolicy>IgnoreNew</MultipleInstancesPolicy>
    <DisallowStartIfOnBatteries>true</DisallowStartIfOnBatteries>
    <StopIfGoingOnBatteries>true</StopIfGoingOnBatteries>
    <AllowHardTerminate>true</AllowHardTerminate>
    <StartWhenAvailable>true</StartWhenAvailable>
    <RunOnlyIfNetworkAvailable>true</RunOnlyIfNetworkAvailable>
    <IdleSettings>
    <StopOnIdleEnd>true</StopOnIdleEnd>
    <RestartOnIdle>false</RestartOnIdle>
    </IdleSettings>
    <AllowStartOnDemand>true</AllowStartOnDemand>
    <Enabled>true</Enabled>
    <Hidden>false</Hidden>
    <RunOnlyIfIdle>false</RunOnlyIfIdle>
    <DisallowStartOnRemoteAppSession>false</DisallowStartOnRemoteAppSession>
    <UseUnifiedSchedulingEngine>true</UseUnifiedSchedulingEngine>
    <MaintenanceSettings>
    <Period>P1D</Period>
    <Deadline>P2D</Deadline>
    <Exclusive>false</Exclusive>
    </MaintenanceSettings>
    <WakeToRun>false</WakeToRun>
    <ExecutionTimeLimit>PT72H</ExecutionTimeLimit>
    <Priority>7</Priority>
    </Settings>
    <Actions Context="LocalService">
    <Exec>
    <Command>%windir%\system32\sc.exe</Command>
    <Arguments>start w32time task_started</Arguments>
    </Exec>
    </Actions>
    </Task>

:)

Sqrly, Feb 11, 2019

2. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

The computer did not resync because no time data was available. (since update KB4100347) partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Feb 11, 2019
  3. RobDev Win User
    Windows Update - KB4100347

Hi Kapil,

I have already run the Windows Update troubleshooter and it said everything was fine and that there were no problems to report. Interestingly though, since then (actually when I looked today) Windows Update is no longer trying to download KB4100347. I don't
    know whether KB4100347 has been temporarily withdrawn or whether Windows Update has given up on it for the time being. I'll let you know if it reappears.

Just a quick update: Windows Update checked for updates today at 14:57 GMT and found no updates so it definitely looks like KB4100347 is no longer available.

Kind regards,

RobDev, Feb 11, 2019
  4. The computer did not resync because no time data was available. (since update KB4100347)

Kapil Arya [Directly], Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

The computer did not resync because no time data was available. (since update KB4100347)

1. The computer did not resync because no time data was available. (since update KB4100347) - Similar Threads - computer did resync

2. the computer did not resync because there was no time data was available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    the computer did not resync because there was no time data was available: for hours I can not fix this sync problem please save me... [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-computer-did-not-resync-because-there-was-no/b366f115-9a87-46e3-a956-26f4df101f80"
  3. windows 10 update failed (every time) kb4100347

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update failed (every time) kb4100347: Hi, im constantly getting asked to update my machine (i usually keep it updated. but the past few months ive been getting "update failed" on startup. its starting to get really annoying. from my update history it looks like kb4100347 but i cannot find any info on these...
  4. The computer did not resync because no time data was available

in Windows 10 News
    The computer did not resync because no time data was available: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If your Windows Server Clock Drift cannot sync time from external NTP server and is in a warning or failed state while running, then this post may help you. Syncing the time includes running “w32tm /resync” commands on either the [...] This post The computer...
  5. windows 10 update failed (every time) kb449364 kb4100347

windows 10 update failed (every time) kb449364 kb4100347: Hi, im constantly getting asked to update my machine (i usually keep it updated. but the past few months ive been getting "update failed" on startup. its starting to get really annoying. from my update history it looks like kb449364 & kb4100347 but i cannot find any info on...
  6. Windows Update - KB4100347

Windows Update - KB4100347: The windows update for KB4100347 has been trying to download into my PC for the last 4-5 days. All it ever gets to is 2% then nothing more. After this point it just tries (in vain) to repeat the download from the start again. The same thing happens with my laptop except...
  7. KB4100347 Update Made Computer Unusable!

KB4100347 Update Made Computer Unusable!: My wife's work computer just did an update and now nothing works. It has slowed everything down and we can't pull anything up as it takes forever. It has also slowed our internet after it was installed. Please help! She has to use it for work!!!! Trying to lauch programs...
  8. KB4100347

KB4100347: Has this update been fixed or is it still going to cause boot problems on my i5 laptop ? It is being pumped out automatically ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/kb4100347/613073eb-dbe5-4983-b4f2-42d1e4f6f76a
  9. KB4100347

KB4100347: Does installing KB4100347 make any permanent changes in a PC that remain when the update is uninstalled or the HDD is wiped and W10 1803 is re installed? My HDD is at 100% activity nearly all the time with only 1-2% CPU? This renders the PC slow and unusable. I did a clean...
  10. KB4100347: Intel microcode updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4100347: Intel microcode updates: KB4100347: Intel microcode updates Applies to: Windows Server version 1803Windows 10 version 1803 Summary Intel recently announced that they have completed their validations and started to release microcode for recent CPU platforms related to Spectre Variant 2 (CVE...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the computer did not resync because no time data was available

2. win 10 The computer did not resync because no time data was available.

3. the computer did not resync because time data was not vailable

4. w32tm the computer did not resync because no time data was available with ip address,
  5. the computer did not resync because no time,
  6. w32tm The computer did not resynchronize because only the old time was available,
  7. the computer did not sync becasue no time data was available,
  8. the computer did not resync because no time data was available W10