Windows 10: The computer did not resync because no time data was available

Discus and support The computer did not resync because no time data was available in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If your Windows Server Clock Drift cannot sync time from external NTP server and is in a warning or failed state while running, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 20, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

The computer did not resync because no time data was available

WinClub, Aug 20, 2019

2. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

The computer did not resync because no time data was available partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Sqrly Win User
    The computer did not resync because no time data was available. (since update KB4100347)

I use only 1 live tile, MSN weather. It stops working on a daily basis now since the last update I received, the microcode one. The cause is "The computer did not resync because no time data was available". I know how to fix
    that but I don't know why it keeps happening.

In an elevated command prompt I run the following command (w32tm /resync)
    and I get the error "The computer did not resync because no time data was available"

I then run the following commands..

net stop w32time

w32tm /unregister

w32tm /register

net start w32time

Then I can run (w32tm /resync) and I get "The command completed successfully".

Then I reboot the PC and the weather tile works again.

I looked in services and "Windows Time" is set to "Manual (Triggered Start)"

I looked in Task Scheduler (Local) > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Time Synchronization and there is a "Synchronize Time" task but it
    has no trigger.

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>

<Task version="1.6" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/windows/2004/02/mit/task">

<RegistrationInfo>

<Source>Windows Time</Source>

<Author>Microsoft Corporation</Author>

<Description>Maintains date and time synchronization on all clients and servers in the network. If this service is stopped, date and time synchronization will be unavailable. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail
     to start.</Description>

<URI>\Microsoft\Windows\Time Synchronization\SynchronizeTime</URI>

</RegistrationInfo>

<Triggers />

<Principals>

<Principal id="LocalService">

<UserId>S-1-5-19</UserId>

<RunLevel>HighestAvailable</RunLevel>

</Principal>

</Principals>

<Settings>

<MultipleInstancesPolicy>IgnoreNew</MultipleInstancesPolicy>

<DisallowStartIfOnBatteries>true</DisallowStartIfOnBatteries>

<StopIfGoingOnBatteries>true</StopIfGoingOnBatteries>

<AllowHardTerminate>true</AllowHardTerminate>

<StartWhenAvailable>true</StartWhenAvailable>

<RunOnlyIfNetworkAvailable>true</RunOnlyIfNetworkAvailable>

<IdleSettings>

<StopOnIdleEnd>true</StopOnIdleEnd>

<RestartOnIdle>false</RestartOnIdle>

</IdleSettings>

<AllowStartOnDemand>true</AllowStartOnDemand>

<Enabled>true</Enabled>

<Hidden>false</Hidden>

<RunOnlyIfIdle>false</RunOnlyIfIdle>

<DisallowStartOnRemoteAppSession>false</DisallowStartOnRemoteAppSession>

<UseUnifiedSchedulingEngine>true</UseUnifiedSchedulingEngine>

<MaintenanceSettings>

<Period>P1D</Period>

<Deadline>P2D</Deadline>

<Exclusive>false</Exclusive>

</MaintenanceSettings>

<WakeToRun>false</WakeToRun>

<ExecutionTimeLimit>PT72H</ExecutionTimeLimit>

<Priority>7</Priority>

</Settings>

<Actions Context="LocalService">

<Exec>

<Command>%windir%\system32\sc.exe</Command>

<Arguments>start w32time task_started</Arguments>

</Exec>

</Actions>

</Task>
    Windows 10 Pro 1803 Build 17134.556 with this CPU

The computer did not resync because no time data was available 9944b1de-252b-4aae-8310-36b481ef9a54?upload=true.jpg

Sqrly, Aug 20, 2019
  4. amir-vxj Win User

Again Windows10 Time is not syncing.

I know there are several posts about that Windows10 time is not synced by time.windows.com.

• the BIOS battery of my laptop is OK. (I removed the Laptop battery for some hours then started the laptop and went to BIOS setup and the time was correct if it shows the health of BIOS battery)
    • from the Date&Time setting screen, several times turned on and off the automatic time and zone. the set-time turns off but in turn on it just shows spinner and nothing happens.
    • I tried force sync, but it returns :
    • time.nist.gov also did not fix the problem
    How should I solve the problem?

amir-vxj, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

1. The computer did not resync because no time data was available - Similar Threads - computer did resync

2. Automatic Windows Resync time after reboot setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Windows Resync time after reboot setup: Hi Microsoft!I have a Windows computer that upon reboot, the time is often wrong, this may be due to my computer lacking a CMOS battery, the reason that I have the CMOS battery removed is that I want my computer to turn on when there is power from the wall, I see no option to...
  3. Automatic Windows Resync time after reboot setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Windows Resync time after reboot setup: Hi Microsoft!I have a Windows computer that upon reboot, the time is often wrong, this may be due to my computer lacking a CMOS battery, the reason that I have the CMOS battery removed is that I want my computer to turn on when there is power from the wall, I see no option to...
  4. Our Client computer is showing time 1 hour ahead. I even tried resetting the time, resync...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Our Client computer is showing time 1 hour ahead. I even tried resetting the time, resync...: Our Client computer is showing time 1 hour ahead. I even tried resetting the time, resync etc etc nothing changes. Any idea? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/our-client-computer-is-showing-time-1-hour-ahead-i/91d51b2f-cb22-451b-9b1b-afcc93e669b8
  5. Our Client computer is showing time 1 hour ahead. I even tried resetting the time, resync...

Our Client computer is showing time 1 hour ahead. I even tried resetting the time, resync...: Our Client computer is showing time 1 hour ahead. I even tried resetting the time, resync etc etc nothing changes. Any idea? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/our-client-computer-is-showing-time-1-hour-ahead-i/91d51b2f-cb22-451b-9b1b-afcc93e669b8
  6. Our Client computer is showing time 1 hour ahead. I even tried resetting the time, resync...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Raid 1 resyncs like 50% of the time the pc boots on Windows 11

Raid 1 resyncs like 50% of the time the pc boots on Windows 11: I have a couple of 4Tb disks that are mirrored raid 1 on windows 11. The issue is that they keep syncing most of the time the pc is turned on, even if it was correctly shutted down.For example, 2 days ago they were synchronizing and I waited untill the sync was 100%:...
  8. Why did my computer restart last time?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why did my computer restart last time?: I was in the middle of something and the computer just went Restarting... right in the middle. Why? 170650
  9. the computer did not resync because there was no time data was available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    the computer did not resync because there was no time data was available: for hours I can not fix this sync problem please save me... [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-computer-did-not-resync-because-there-was-no/b366f115-9a87-46e3-a956-26f4df101f80"
  10. The computer did not resync because no time data was available. (since update KB4100347)

in Windows 10 Customization
    The computer did not resync because no time data was available. (since update KB4100347): I use only 1 live tile, MSN weather. It stops working on a daily basis now since the last update I received, the microcode one. The cause is "The computer did not resync because no time data was available". I know how to fix that but I don't know why it keeps happening. In...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no time data was available

2. the computer disd not resync because no time data was available

3. w32tm the computer did not resync because no time data was available with ip address

4. windows 10 The computer did not resync because no time data was available.