Windows 10: The computer does not start after installing the latest update

Discus and support The computer does not start after installing the latest update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo ThinkPad. Since I installed the last update, my computer does not start. It is interposed through the process and then a startup error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HarryRoberts4, Jul 3, 2019.

1. The computer does not start after installing the latest update

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad. Since I installed the last update, my computer does not start. It is interposed through the process and then a startup error appears. Some type of driver is missing.

The only options that the error page gives me is to continue launching normally or trying to repair. I can not get the command prompt. When I click Repair, it finally tells me to restart the machine from a Windows installation disc. Correct me if I'm wrong, but do not I run the installation disk to erase my system and start over from scratch?

I would really prefer not to lose everything on my machine because I allowed Windows Update to make changes on my machine.

:)

HarryRoberts4, Jul 3, 2019
  2. niko084 Win User

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Latest win10 Update 1803 cant install?

I am having a issue with this update,. I fallow the steps via windows update, DL the update, shows install. ask me to reboot pc. after reboot its start the update install pc reboot several times. On the last time, I get a message saying" Restoring windows to previous version". Then it takes me back to windows, and i get a message update could not be installed.
    In windows update-control panel it shows update waiting for reboot. i click on it and does same thing. after install it restore to previous version. what is going on?
    I have disable windows firewall for time being.
    specs
    Z97 Pro gamer MB 4790k @4.7 DDR3 2400 RAM Win10 x64 M.2 and SSD.

atanas dimitrov, Jul 3, 2019
  4. The computer does not start after installing the latest update

Unable to connect to Wi-Fi after installing the latest update on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community ad being part of Windows 10.

I understand that you are unable to connect to internet on your computer after installing the latest update. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Which was the latest update (KB number) installed on your device?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue (While searching for Wi-Fi connection)?

I suggest you to switch the wireless connection to wired internet connection and check if you are able to access internet.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/outdated network adapter drivers after installing the update.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click on View all.
    • Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Update your network driver and check if it helps

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + x key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Network adapters.
    • Right-click on the device and click Update driver software.

If the issue still persists,

Step 3: I suggest you to download the latest drivers for Network Adapter from another computer that is able to connect to internet. Uninstall the existing drivers from the computer in the question, install the drivers manually and check
    if it helps.

Follow:

• Press Windows key + x key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Network adapters. Right-click on the device and click
      Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Refer the below article about: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

The computer does not start after installing the latest update

1. The computer does not start after installing the latest update - Similar Threads - computer does start

2. Windows does not load after latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows does not load after latest update: After the latest window 10 update this morning my computer does no longer load windows and I cannot access my files. I have run a Reset three times which completes and then moves on to a Windows Reinstall that should not affect my documents the window reinstall runs to 9%...
  3. Taskbar Does Not Work after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Does Not Work after latest update: Yesterday, Windows Update wanted to update my computer and I allowed it to update and restart but it killed my taskbar. The taskbar was there but there were no start, search, or other icons displayed. I could basically not access anything except from desktop icons. I used...
  4. The computer does not start after a restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The computer does not start after a restart: Hi, My computer is not working at all and I am beginning to think it was a virus or some kind of malware. I was trying to reset my computer, and after resetting it, it would charge for about 10 seconds, shut down, and do the exact same thing again. The entire percentage...
  5. computer not working after latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer not working after latest update: Firstly appologies if i am posting in the wrong place, Yesterday i did the latest update & now i cant get past the opening screen that asks for the pin code, the reason for this is it looks like all of my usb ports are disabled so i as good as have no mouse or keyboard. I...
  6. Computer cannot start after latest windows 10 update.

Computer cannot start after latest windows 10 update.: When updating to the lastest windows 10 update It said that it could not be completed and was reverting changes. After it started back up again it went to into startup diagnostics and failed, afterwords it would not start up anymore. I have run the bootrec commands and...
  7. Windows not starting after latest update

Windows not starting after latest update: So recently my laptop prompted to restart to complete the updates, which I did but after that my windows is not starting or the repair tool is able to fix it. I would share this log file but it won't even boot in safe mode. I've unplugged the external mouse and keyboard as...
  8. The computer does not start after updating to Windows 10

The computer does not start after updating to Windows 10: Hello, since the update of Windows 10 version 1909, my computer will no longer start. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-computer-does-not-start-after-updating-to/c3bd1661-7128-49a8-8959-b9c342dc1bf3
  9. The computer does not start after updating to Windows 10

The computer does not start after updating to Windows 10: Since the upgrade to Windows 10, my computer will no longer start by pressing the power button. When I press the power button, the monitor turns on but does not advance further in the boot process. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you...
  10. Computer stutter after latest update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer stutter after latest update: Hi, all new guy here. Can someone please let me know where I should start looking with this problem. After the last update when there is heavier network activity my computer would start to stutter and lag. I have checked Task Manager when this occurs, usually when I am...