Windows 10: The computer get stuck when I try to open a library

Discus and support The computer get stuck when I try to open a library in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just bought a new Lenovo computer with windows 8, I upgraded to 10 as soon as I got it. now when I'm trying to open a folder or save a word file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by meytal, Nov 26, 2015.

1. meytal Win User

The computer get stuck when I try to open a library

I just bought a new Lenovo computer with windows 8,
    I upgraded to 10 as soon as I got it.

now when I'm trying to open a folder or save a word file or even open a chrome - the computer get stuck.

I cant tell if it's a computer issue or windows,

any idea how can I test it and check what is the problem...?

Thank you!!!

:)

meytal, Nov 26, 2015
  2. Mohan B P Win User

When I try to open a photo I get the message 'the remote procedure call failed'

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue in opening the photos.

To assist you better, kindly write back to us with the following information.

• Are facing this issue only in opening the photos or with other applications too?

• Are you trying to open the photos, through Windows 10 photos app?

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to follow the below troubleshooting methods and check if it helps.

If you are trying to open photos using Windows 10, I suggest you to try running Windows app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the store app troubleshooter.

Refer to the link below to run the store app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue still persists, try method 2

Method 2: Disabling the Anti-Virus software.

I suggest you to disable the anti-virus and firewall temporarily and check if it helps.

DISCLAIMER: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to
    install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Nov 26, 2015
  3. When I try to open a photo I get the message 'the remote procedure call failed'

Original title: opening photos.

when I try to open a photo I get the message 'the remote procedure call failed' - please can someone tell me how to open my pix.

GrannyAnne, Nov 26, 2015
  4. The computer get stuck when I try to open a library

indianacarnie, Nov 26, 2015
Thema:

The computer get stuck when I try to open a library

1. The computer get stuck when I try to open a library - Similar Threads - computer stuck try

2. Getting stuck when trying to set up a PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting stuck when trying to set up a PIN: Hi there. I just recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I’ve been trying to set up a PIN to make signing in easier. However, whenever I try and set up a PIN I can never can manage to do so. What happens is that I get to the “Set up a PIN” prompt and enter in my...
  3. This is the message I get when trying to open any of my photos " File system error...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This is the message I get when trying to open any of my photos " File system error...: This is the message I get when trying to open any of my photos " File system error (-805305975)" how do I resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-is-the-message-i-get-when-trying-to-open-any/bbb1887f-fe99-47bb-b810-9e9b5004d707
  4. when I try to record guitar it gets muffled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    when I try to record guitar it gets muffled: Whenever I try to use a usb device(e.g. microphone, webcam) to record my guitar it muffles and distorts the sound, when i record my voice it comes out perfectly fine, but when I try to record my guitar, or any music for that matter it muffles and quietens the sound I dont...
  5. Error when I try to open task manager

Error when I try to open task manager: When I try to open task manager sometimes I get this error : Taskmgr.exe - Entry Point Not Found The procudure entry point ImageList_CoCreateInstance could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe And I get this error sometimes. I...
  6. Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND I get this when I try to open microsoft edge. Please...

Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND I get this when I try to open microsoft edge. Please...: Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND This is my error message. I cannot do anything in edge. Chrome works just fine. Please help....
  7. Start menu not working and I get "Class not registered" when trying to open windows apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu not working and I get "Class not registered" when trying to open windows apps: Hello, so basically all of sudden my Start Menu button doesn't work. I've tried the following: - Restarted my computer - Restarted explorer.exe - Manually restarted explorer.exe - Made a new user account - Tried verifying the frame.dll of taskbar Comands in...
  8. when i try to send a fax i get that it is wright protected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    when i try to send a fax i get that it is wright protected: when i try to send a fax i get that it is wright protected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/when-i-try-to-send-a-fax-i-get-that-it-is-wright/d998ae7d-7190-4fe7-8d8a-0a112a931427
  9. tried transferring the libraries

in Windows 10 Support
    tried transferring the libraries: Hi, I need some help, on a related topic. I got a HP Pavilion with a 128GB SSD and a 1TB HD. Long story short, I tried to put my files on the HDD while keeping the programs on the SSD. tried transferring the libraries to the HDD (D drive) but made a complete hash of it....
  10. Folder stuck on "Music Library"

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder stuck on "Music Library": I accidentally set my account folder "C:\Users\MYACC" to Music Library. I tried different methods to reset Libaries but couldn't get the folder from showing "Music" as its name on Windows Explorer. Is this a symbolic link? Junction? How do I take it off? When I go into...