Windows 10: The computer get stuck when I try to open a library

Discus and support The computer get stuck when I try to open a library in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just bought a new Lenovo computer with windows 8, I upgraded to 10 as soon as I got it. now when I'm trying to open a folder or save a word file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by meytal, Nov 26, 2015.

1. meytal Win User

The computer get stuck when I try to open a library

I just bought a new Lenovo computer with windows 8,
    I upgraded to 10 as soon as I got it.

now when I'm trying to open a folder or save a word file or even open a chrome - the computer get stuck.

I cant tell if it's a computer issue or windows,

any idea how can I test it and check what is the problem...?

Thank you!!!

:)

meytal, Nov 26, 2015
  2. Mohan B P Win User

When I try to open a photo I get the message 'the remote procedure call failed'

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue in opening the photos.

To assist you better, kindly write back to us with the following information.

• Are facing this issue only in opening the photos or with other applications too?

• Are you trying to open the photos, through Windows 10 photos app?

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to follow the below troubleshooting methods and check if it helps.

If you are trying to open photos using Windows 10, I suggest you to try running Windows app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the store app troubleshooter.

Refer to the link below to run the store app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue still persists, try method 2

Method 2: Disabling the Anti-Virus software.

I suggest you to disable the anti-virus and firewall temporarily and check if it helps.

DISCLAIMER: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to
    install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Nov 26, 2015
  3. When I try to open a photo I get the message 'the remote procedure call failed'

Original title: opening photos.

when I try to open a photo I get the message 'the remote procedure call failed' - please can someone tell me how to open my pix.

GrannyAnne, Nov 26, 2015
  4. The computer get stuck when I try to open a library

indianacarnie, Nov 26, 2015
Thema:

The computer get stuck when I try to open a library

1. The computer get stuck when I try to open a library - Similar Threads - computer stuck try

2. Feather client stuck on a white screen when I try to open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feather client stuck on a white screen when I try to open it: my real name is Adrian, not bubupro102Hello,so I tried hosting a Minecraft server on my PC, but my friends weren't able to join. I did everything you need to do, like port forwarding, disabling my PC's firewall etc... But it didn't work.So I gave up with that method, and I...
  3. Feather client stuck on a white screen when I try to open it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Feather client stuck on a white screen when I try to open it: my real name is Adrian, not bubupro102Hello,so I tried hosting a Minecraft server on my PC, but my friends weren't able to join. I did everything you need to do, like port forwarding, disabling my PC's firewall etc... But it didn't work.So I gave up with that method, and I...
  4. Application gets struck when I try to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application gets struck when I try to open: I Am unable to open one application normally and also cannot find its file location in any of the drives. But I can only open the application through "Run as Administrator". Please help me resolve the issue....
  5. Application gets struck when I try to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application gets struck when I try to open: I Am unable to open one application normally and also cannot find its file location in any of the drives. But I can only open the application through "Run as Administrator". Please help me resolve the issue....
  6. Computer hangs when I try to open a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer hangs when I try to open a file: Recently my Windows 10 computer started hanging when I try to open a file. For example, in Word I click Open and immediately an empty navigation window opens. EMPTY! And the application says Not Responding if I try to click anything else. The empty window persists for 30...
  7. Computer gets stuck when resetting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer gets stuck when resetting: (Sorry for formatting, I'm on mobile) So for the first time in forever I got do to some gaming yesterday on my computer (Acer Nitro 5 if that helps any). Everything was running smoothly as usual and upon powering off nothing unusual happened. Upon booting up my computer...
  8. Windows10 bug, when ever I try to open photos or videos my computer get stuck.

Windows10 bug, when ever I try to open photos or videos my computer get stuck.: When i ever try to open photos or videos using the default options that is just called "Photos" either the file explorer get stuck or the whole pc does. If i try to open photos with paint it works. Anything I can do to be able to open photos and videos normally again ?...
  9. When trying to open a link, I get stuck in the "Select default app"prompt

When trying to open a link, I get stuck in the "Select default app"prompt: Title pretty much sums my issue. Even if I select "always use this app", nothing happens and the propmt comes back. submitted by /u/grungeguerra [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fflj65/when_trying_to_open_a_link_i_get_stuck_in_the/
  10. Getting stuck when trying to set up a PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting stuck when trying to set up a PIN: Hi there. I just recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I’ve been trying to set up a PIN to make signing in easier. However, whenever I try and set up a PIN I can never can manage to do so. What happens is that I get to the “Set up a PIN” prompt and enter in my...