Windows 10: The computer has an error when the computer is turned off

Discus and support The computer has an error when the computer is turned off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I turn off my Laptop . when I turned off the computer, my computer reported an error gpucontrol.exe . the Windows 1809 no Bug but upgrade Bug . the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LêTùng1, Jul 24, 2019.

1. LêTùng1 Win User

The computer has an error when the computer is turned off

I turn off my Laptop . when I turned off the computer, my computer reported an error gpucontrol.exe . the Windows 1809 no Bug but upgrade Bug . the image . please help me !

my laptop is MSI gl62m-7rdx .

The computer has an error when the computer is turned off 20a29cb2-f61a-491b-97da-6956bf135440?upload=true.jpg

:)

LêTùng1, Jul 24, 2019
  2. _JP_ Win User

Computer Randomly Turns on From Sleep

I only saw this thread now, otherwise I would have suggested this sooner.
    I had that same problem you are having, my computer was waking-up from S3 and the culprit was my X7 mouse.
    powercfg -lastwake also listed the HID keyboard device which was an extension of the mouse.
    Besides going in device manager and setting everything to not being able to wake-up the computer from S3, I also did this to the power profiles:

The computer has an error when the computer is turned off nousbwakeup.jpg

Worked for me.

3. Computer won't turn on

Hi,

To resolve your concern regarding the Critical Service Failed error message on your computer, follow the steps below:

• Turn off your computer.
    • Turn on your computer. As soon as you see the Windows logo with the spinning dots, press and hold down the power button until your computer turns off. Do this process
      twice.
    • Turn on your computer for the third time, and then let it load.
    • It should give you the message: Preparing Automatic Repair.
    • On the next screen that would appear, click on Advanced Options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Go to Advanced Options.
    • Click on Startup Repair.
    • Wait for the repair to finish.

Let us know how it goes.

Ruizell Rey, Jul 24, 2019
  4. The computer has an error when the computer is turned off

computer turning on

Hello Judy,

We still can't identify what causes this booting issue. For us to identify and assist you better with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did you start experiencing this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Are you turning off your computer or just setting it on Sleep mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

The computer has an error when the computer is turned off

1. The computer has an error when the computer is turned off - Similar Threads - computer has error

2. Computer Automatically Turns Off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Automatically Turns Off: Recently my computer has been turning off automatically for seemingly no reason. It doesn't appear to be a problem with the fans or overheating, and it isn't trying to restart or reboot either. I can't figure out what the cause is and it's driving me crazy! Do you have any...
  3. Computer keeps turning itself on and off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer keeps turning itself on and off: I am very frustrated with Microsoft and the Edge from 10. my COMPUTER KEEPS TURNING ITSELF ON AND OFF FOR NO REASON AND IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND IT DOES NOT HELP THE PROBLEM. * Moved from MSN?Accounts...
  4. Turning off Touch Screen on the computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turning off Touch Screen on the computer: Split from this thread. Oh ok. Then can you help me on turning off my touch screen on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/turning-off-touch-screen-on-the-computer/d5140994-e1ba-4eb5-a793-018593754ad9
  5. Turn Computer Off Or Leave It On

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn Computer Off Or Leave It On: I've always turned my computer off when not using it (like anything else: lights, TV, radio, stereo, etc.). Why should the computer be on when I'm asleep, at work, not home for whatever reason, etc.? But now I'm reconsidering that. When I turn the computer on it makes a sound...
  6. WiFi turning off when using computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi turning off when using computer: I can use the internet on my phone with no problems but whenever i connect my HP laptop to the internet, the Wi-Fi stops working and no devices including the computer can access the internet until i turn the laptop off. Please help!...
  7. iGPU driver crashes when computer turns display off

iGPU driver crashes when computer turns display off: I have an Acer Aspire 5742G with an i5-480M and a GT 540M and the Intel display driver fails whenever the computer turns the display off after 10min afk no matter what power plan I'm on, it hapenned just now with Sleep Off in the power plan settings, it's just set to turn off...
  8. Skype Shows Me as Online When Computer Turned Off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype Shows Me as Online When Computer Turned Off: , do you have a smartphone with your Outlook.com added on it, in an email client application or maybe even in Skype app for that phone? I had a similar issue some time ago, then realized that I always kept a browser open in background on my phone with two tabs always open,...
  9. Monitor turns off when computer goes to sleep

Monitor turns off when computer goes to sleep: Hi everyone, This is a really small problem but I just want to get down to the cause of it. I am running windows 10 with dual monitors and every time the computer goes to sleep one of the monitors turns off and requires me to push the power button on the monitor to turn it...
  10. Sound when turning off computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound when turning off computer: Hello Tenforums! Simple question, every time I turn off my computer and the Windows 10 "Shutting Down" window comes up, I get a noise just before it fully shuts down, I checked if it was a sound that was set but there's no "shutting off" or "log out" sound, and I THINK...