Windows 10: The computer screen does not immediately turn off when entering sleep mode

Discus and support The computer screen does not immediately turn off when entering sleep mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; With recent updates, whenever I put the computer into sleep mode, the computer screen switches to lock screen before sleeping. In the past, whenever I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Yuki Neko, Apr 7, 2023.

1. Yuki Neko Win User

The computer screen does not immediately turn off when entering sleep mode

With recent updates, whenever I put the computer into sleep mode, the computer screen switches to lock screen before sleeping. In the past, whenever I put the computer into sleep mode, the computer screen would turn off immediately. Is this a new feature? or some kind of errors ? this the video i recorded the issue of my pc: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15O0AGtR2WB3Yh9qvDtpATo71TsoDeNe2/view?usp=sharing

:)

Yuki Neko, Apr 7, 2023
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that the computer wakes up immediately after putting to sleep.

However, please let us know:

There could be several reasons for the computer not going to sleep mode. To determine which device is causing this, we can run a simple command and check the reason why the computer woke up from sleep mode. To do this refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter: powercfg lastwake.
    4. Share the results of the command.

The above command should let us know the device that is preventing the computer going into sleep mode.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 7, 2023
  3. Computer won't go to sleep mode if I choose to turn off screen first

Hello azorybbm,

For me to better assist you with your concern, please confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.

If your computer is running on build 1803, some users had observed that when Microsoft Edge is open or running in the background; it somehow prevents the screen from turning off or entering sleep mode. Also, try unplugging any USB peripheral devices and
    check if the same behavior occurs.

You can also try performing the steps suggested by Andre Da Costa in this
    thread.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Apr 7, 2023
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the computer wakes up immediately after putting to sleep.

There could be several reasons for the computer not going to sleep mode. To determine which device is causing this, we can run a simple command and check the reason why the computer woke up from sleep mode. To do this refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the
      search bar
      on the Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter:
      powercfg lastwake.
    4. Share the results of the command.

The above command should let us know the device that is preventing the computer going into sleep mode.

Let us know the results and we will help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 7, 2023
Thema:

1. The computer screen does not immediately turn off when entering sleep mode - Similar Threads - computer screen does

2. How to turn off sound when computer is on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off sound when computer is on sleep mode: Hi, can someone help how to turn off the sound, I mean here exactly for radio which is running on Chome, when the computer is on sleep mode, for Windows 10.The computer goes to sleep but the radio keeps playing and it is annoying.If anyone can help would be great....
  3. Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.: Yes I know this has been asked a thousand times, but unfortunately non of the guides have helped in any way, as they all provide the same useless information.First off, I've already turned off all waketimers, made it so that nothing but the mouse can wake up the pc, I even...
  4. Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.: Yes I know this has been asked a thousand times, but unfortunately non of the guides have helped in any way, as they all provide the same useless information.First off, I've already turned off all waketimers, made it so that nothing but the mouse can wake up the pc, I even...
  5. Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. The computer screen does not immediately turn off when entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The computer screen does not immediately turn off when entering sleep mode: With recent updates, whenever I put the computer into sleep mode, the computer screen switches to lock screen before sleeping. In the past, whenever I put the computer into sleep mode, the computer screen would turn off immediately. Is this a new feature? or some kind of...
  7. Issues with screen not turning off and computer not entering sleep mode after update to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with screen not turning off and computer not entering sleep mode after update to...: Issue: - Screen will not turn off and computer will not enter sleep mode after windows 10 build 19041.450 was installed. Everything worked fine before this install. Troubleshooting: - Made several restarts - no difference. - Started in diagnostic mode - no difference....
  8. Computer turns on then off immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer turns on then off immediately: while I'm using my computer it crashed then showed a blue screen and the error code was system_service_exception i Ieft my computer for several minutes but nothing happened so I restared my computer and it kept turning on then off immediately the whole time can anyone tell me...
  9. Computer turns off when going into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turns off when going into sleep mode: I just recently started to have an issue of my computer turning off when going into sleep mode. When I turn it back on it takes over 3 minutes to come back to life. I have a copy of the event log but not sure how to post the file. Any help would be appreciated....
  10. Computer does not enter sleep mode properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer does not enter sleep mode properly: Hi guys, I have clean installed windows 10 on my Zenbook (UX31LA) and i have problem with the sleep mode, when i enter sleep mode (either way) my screen turns off and the power led blinks (normal so far), but when i wake the computer up, I see the "Asus" logo and it loads...