Windows 10: The computer started unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error

Discus and support The computer started unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi when I turn on my HP lap top then on screen it appears that the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error.window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Khan Zargar, May 27, 2023.

1. The computer started unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error

Hi when I turn on my HP lap top then on screen it appears that the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error.window instalation cannot proceed .To install Windows click ok But when i click ok same thing comes up.Can someone help please, Thanks.

:)

Khan Zargar, May 27, 2023

2. Error message "The Computer Restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error" after System Startup on Windows10

Hello,

Please refer this fix:

[FIX] The Computer Restarted Unexpectedly Or Encountered An Unexpected Error. Windows Installation Cannot Proceed.

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, May 27, 2023
  3. Cole_L Win User
    Error: "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed" on Windows 10

error message comes up saying : the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation.

Needless to say, does not work and I am traveling so have no utilities or re-install materials. Suggestions?

Original title: Repair Win 10 failed and machine stuck

Cole_L, May 27, 2023
  4. The computer started unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error

Error message "The Computer Restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error" after System Startup on Windows 10

I have a RCA cambio 2/1 tablet pc laptop windows 10 that i restarted because it was slow but now its stuck on the start up screen with an Error message "The Computer Restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error" after System Startup on Windows........
    Plz help

Rca cambio Windows 10 Stuck on start up screen, May 27, 2023
Thema:

The computer started unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error

1. The computer started unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error - Similar Threads - computer started unexpectedly

2. The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...: I tried resetting my PC Asus it got to 98% and now I keep getting this message - “The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click. Ok to restart the computer, and then restart the...
  3. The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...: I tried resetting my PC Asus it got to 98% and now I keep getting this message - “The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click. Ok to restart the computer, and then restart the...
  4. The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...: So, this is a topic that has been covered elsewhere, but my issue has a further complication.My computer was really slow, so I wanted to do a full reset and wipe everything after doing a backup of my data first.After quite a few hours, the computer had done its wiping and...
  5. The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...

The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...: So, this is a topic that has been covered elsewhere, but my issue has a further complication.My computer was really slow, so I wanted to do a full reset and wipe everything after doing a backup of my data first.After quite a few hours, the computer had done its wiping and...
  6. The computer started unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The computer started unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error: Hi when I turn on my HP lap top then on screen it appears that the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error.window instalation cannot proceed .To install Windows click ok But when i click ok same thing comes up.Can someone help please, Thanks....
  7. The computer started unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error

The computer started unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error: Hi when I turn on my HP lap top then on screen it appears that the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error.window instalation cannot proceed .To install Windows click ok But when i click ok same thing comes up.Can someone help please, Thanks....
  8. Windows restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error: Dell G3 3590, didn't boot up so tried to reinstall using a flash drive with windows 10 from the media creation tool. It gets stuck at the "Getting devices ready" stage and was forced to hard shut down which makes it loop in "Windows restarted unexpectedly or encountered an...
  9. "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error" message when...

"The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error" message when...: Hi there I have an ASUS Notebook T100TA with Windows 10 x86. I was having issues with the audio & mic not working & decided to reset my PC doing a complete reinstall via the reset menu install from my PC. The computer appeared to complete the "preparing" and "restoring"...
  10. Error message "The Computer Restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error"...

Error message "The Computer Restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error"...: the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation I tried to Press shift + F10 but I didn't get cmd. Kindly advice me....