Windows 10: The Conexant - MEDIA- 8.66.29.63 Driver

Discus and support The Conexant - MEDIA- 8.66.29.63 Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have an issue with Conexant - MEDIA- 8.66.29.63 Driver. After an update to this driver last week my build-in microphone has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KirillGudkov, Apr 3, 2020.

1. The Conexant - MEDIA- 8.66.29.63 Driver

Hello everyone,

I have an issue with Conexant - MEDIA- 8.66.29.63 Driver. After an update to this driver last week my build-in microphone has stopped working. When I rolled it back to previous version, my mic worked properly until second update yesterday. Was absolutely the same situation as first time. I rolled it back again and everything works good now.

Does anybody know how to resolve this issue? I don't really want to roll driver back every week.:

I will really appreciate for any help with it.

About device:

Lenovo: Z40-70

Processor: Intel Core i5-4210U CPU

System type: 64 bit

Windows 10 Home

Version 1909

OS build 18363.752

Thank you,

Kirill

:)

KirillGudkov, Apr 3, 2020
  2. Heyyuu Win User

How can I permanently uninstall Conexant SmartAudio HD audio driver

It's not work. I have done this

1. download and run the program you suggested.

Conexant driver is not on the list (select to hide)

2. uninstall Conexant driver

High Definition Audio Device is in used now

3. run program again

Conexant driver still not on the list (select to hide)

4. restart my laptop

High Definition Audio Device still in used.

5. run program again

Conexant driver is on the list (select to hide)

6. Select Conexant and Hide it

Conexant driver is now in hidden list

7. a few minutes later my laptop notify me to restart my laptop to finished setting up Conexant

Conexant driver is now disappear from the hidden list and take over my sound device again.

8. cry so hard

Heyyuu, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Conexant driver update for Conexant SmartAudio HD

Hello,

To figure out if the update fails or not, we can simply check and compare the driver version after the update. Follow the steps below for more information:

• Search for Device Manager via Cortana.
    • Look for Conexant from the list of devices (should be under Sound, video and game controllers)
    • Right click and select properties
    • Check the driver version from the Driver tab.
    Try to perform the updates and see if the version changes. Let us know the outcome and we'll be glad to provide further assistance.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Apr 3, 2020
  4. mphaas Win User

The Conexant - MEDIA- 8.66.29.63 Driver

Driver for HP Compaq Conexant HD Smart Audio

I bit the bullet and tried the Windows 10 upgrade (from Windows 7) on my older HP Compaq laptop. Everything seems to work except the headphone jack.

I've tried the latest version of the Conexant driver I could find for it (4.98.4.60 8/24/2009) and the Windows default HD audo driver (10.0.10586.0 10/29/15). The Windows driver at least shows 'Headphones' in the playback list but with both drivers Windows
    fails to detect when the headphone plug is inserted into the jack - status is always 'Not plugged in'.

Anyone have any luck finding a driver for the Conexant card that works with Windows 10?

The Windows troubleshooting tool is useless for this - actually causes the sound to stop working altogether while proclaiming that it has fixed my problem.

mphaas, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

The Conexant - MEDIA- 8.66.29.63 Driver

1. The Conexant - MEDIA- 8.66.29.63 Driver - Similar Threads - Conexant MEDIA Driver

2. conexant driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    conexant driver: The message says: No Audio Output Device is installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/conexant-driver/0ff42815-5abb-46ba-a433-bb56c05f6458
  3. conexant driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    conexant driver: The message says: No Audio Output Device is installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/conexant-driver/0ff42815-5abb-46ba-a433-bb56c05f6458
  4. Conexant - MEDIA - 8.66.95.70 Driver Problem, EQ missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Conexant - MEDIA - 8.66.95.70 Driver Problem, EQ missing: I have an issue with Conexant - MEDIA- 8.66.95.70 Driver. After an update to this driver version : 8.66.95.70 the output audio is crackling in my stereo speaker and also EQ is missing . But when I rolled it back to previous version 8.66.90.50, everything worked properly and...
  5. Conexant audio drivers

Conexant audio drivers: Hello, I am running an HP Zboob 15 G5 laptop, with Windows 10. For a long time it ran fine using the default HD audio drivers. However sometime last year, WIndows decided to install the Conexant audio drivers by default. Once this driver is installed, the laptop report that...
  6. conexant hd audio driver

conexant hd audio driver: i have conexant hd audio on my nv53 gateway laptop the only way to get sound on w10 is to use the generic driver why must microsoft continually at ever update reinstall the old drivers that dont work upon each and every update i just found a setting to hopefully stop that...
  7. Conexant Audio Drivers

Conexant Audio Drivers: Still have bad Mic audio with Windows 10. Have Conexant put out new driver yet. Tried Windows 8.1 and still bad. Asus X450 Laptop 64 bit. Thanks Roger 18502
  8. Windows 10 SOUND DRIVERS SOLUTION (CONEXANT)

Windows 10 SOUND DRIVERS SOLUTION (CONEXANT): Hello! Recently i had the problem of having no sound at all after updating to windows 10. I figured that i wasn't the only one with this problem. Solution: 1) Go to Computer Management > Device Manager. Go to v Audio -input and -output Press the arrow key . 2) you...
  9. Uninstall/Reinstall Conexant SmartAudio HD Drivers

Uninstall/Reinstall Conexant SmartAudio HD Drivers: I occasionally need to reinstall the Conexant SmartAudio HD drivers to fix my laptop's audio. When I do the uninstallation, should the "Delete the driver software for this device" checkbox be checked or clear? For future reference, if I guess wrong on the previous...
  10. Conexant 20582 Audio Driver?

Conexant 20582 Audio Driver?: anyone have one that works? 7690