Windows 10: The configuration is resetting to Stereo after reboot

Discus and support The configuration is resetting to Stereo after reboot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 20H2 x64 19042.867 If the audio system is configured in the Audio Dialog, after restart or removing my Microphone jack, The system reverts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jbcarreon123, Apr 9, 2021.

1. The configuration is resetting to Stereo after reboot

Windows 10 20H2 x64 19042.867

If the audio system is configured in the Audio Dialog, after restart or removing my Microphone jack, The system reverts back to stereo. But, if I used the "bloatware" Realtek Settings, It doesn't revert back but if I removed the Microphone jack, The system reverts back to stereo.

:)

jbcarreon123, Apr 9, 2021
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Speaker Configuration resets from 7.1 to Stereo after reboot

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Windows 10 may have encountered a compatibility issue or a driver conflict. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue? Is it also happening prior to the 1709 update?
    • Is your speaker configuration went back to 2.0 after it has been set to 7.1 whenever you reboot your computer?
    • Aside from uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, have you also tried updating or rolling back your driver?

While we research further about this issue, we suggest that you perform the steps on this

article
    to see if there will be any changes on your computer.

Kindly get back to us.

Xylee Del, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Apr 9, 2021
  4. jayweb Win User

The configuration is resetting to Stereo after reboot

Speaker Configuration resets from 7.1 to Stereo after reboot

I am using Windows 10 Home, Version 1709.

I have Realtek audio on Asus Z87-A motherboard with on board audio jacks for surround sound.

It is using 8186 driver. The speakers are my default device.

The problem that I I have is that I have configured the speakers through Windows Sound to be 7.1. I have Front, Side and Rear enabled. I uncheck centre and subwoofer. This works perfectly until I reboot.

Every reboot my system reverts back to Stereo sound. The default device does not change.

This in incredibly frustrating as the computer is in a Virtual Pinball Machine.

I see a significant number of complaints about this online, but there does not seem to be any answers.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest drivers.

I have disabled and enabled the sound I need.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows Settings]

jayweb, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

The configuration is resetting to Stereo after reboot

1. The configuration is resetting to Stereo after reboot - Similar Threads - configuration resetting Stereo

2. Surround sound configure only has stereo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surround sound configure only has stereo: im trying too set up surround sound, my 3 jacks are hooked up to a aux splitter and put into mu green port. when i try and configure my speakers only setero comes up and not 5.1. not sure how to fix this....
  3. Surround sound configure only has stereo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surround sound configure only has stereo: im trying too set up surround sound, my 3 jacks are hooked up to a aux splitter and put into mu green port. when i try and configure my speakers only setero comes up and not 5.1. not sure how to fix this....
  4. Auto sound configuration change from stereo to 7.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto sound configuration change from stereo to 7.1: Hello,So I have my PC plugged in to Denon AVR setup to surround sound however have configuarion of 3.1. Whenever I play some games my windows sound configuration change from STEREO to 7.1. I then need to minimize the game and change it to stereo again. I think the question...
  5. Auto sound configuration change from stereo to 7.1

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto sound configuration change from stereo to 7.1: Hello,So I have my PC plugged in to Denon AVR setup to surround sound however have configuarion of 3.1. Whenever I play some games my windows sound configuration change from STEREO to 7.1. I then need to minimize the game and change it to stereo again. I think the question...
  6. Windows keeping configurations after hard reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeping configurations after hard reset: I had some problems with my computer and i updated some drivers with the driver easy app, and i think it may have installed some wrong drivers on my computer. So i did a hard reset, selecting to wipe all files and use the cloud to download the Windows 10, after the reset was...
  7. No Stereo Option On My Headphone Configuration Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Stereo Option On My Headphone Configuration Menu: I really Hate 7.1 Surround it causes so many issues. I've tried so hard for them to have 2.0 Stereo. But there's no option. You can turn off Surround Sound. But Some games wont work because your Configuration is 7.1 surround Does anyone know how to FORCE a Stereo Option on...
  8. Speaker configuration reverts to Stereo upon reboot - with workaround.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker configuration reverts to Stereo upon reboot - with workaround.: As anyone who has this problem will discover when searching this issue, you are not alone. There are many threads in answers.microsoft.com on this issue, some dating back to 2016, or possibly further. All of the threads now appear to be locked, although some of them were...
  9. Speakers configuration keeps reverting to stereo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speakers configuration keeps reverting to stereo: Hi there, I have encountered a problem with Windows 10 Version 1809. When I click on "Configure" on Windows Sound, the speakers configuration will revert to stereo even after I have selected 5.1 speakers or 7.1 speakers. The issue also causes the sample rate to revert...
  10. Configuration change to TPM message after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Configuration change to TPM message after reset: I've reset my Asus laptop and now every time I turn it on it comes up with: "A configuration change was requested to clear this computer's TPM (Trusted Platform Module) WARNING: Clearing erases information stored on the TPM. You will lose all created keys and access to...