Windows 10: The Connect Automatically Checkbox will not *stay unchecked*

Discus and support The Connect Automatically Checkbox will not *stay unchecked* in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The Connect Automatically Checkbox will not *stay unchecked* in the list of available networks. Please! note! Not talking about *Saved Networks* or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Needan Ansuh, Jul 31, 2018.

1. The Connect Automatically Checkbox will not *stay unchecked*

The Connect Automatically Checkbox will not *stay unchecked* in the list of available networks.

Please! note!

Not talking about *Saved Networks* or "known networks"! Please, do not address either of these.

Also, understand that (in theory) one shouldn't worry because it won't actually automatically connect (but it does anyway...).

Simply, how can I completely ignore - especially to include a check in the Connect Automatically Checkbox

- unwanted - unsolicited networks in the available networks list (the one typically accessed from the taskbar icon.)

Not asking about how to forget known networks.

Can see how this is done and can do it.

And also without regard to whether or not my client might actually connect to unwanted networks.

Understand that there may be a challenge for protected networks - and even unprotected networks should require some input?

(but then why autoconnect, if true? /boggle)

Don't want *even the appearance* that *my* settings allow for automatic connection to networks

that I don't want to ever ever connect to

- by being able to uncheck that Connect Automatically Checkbox -

for networks that I've neither saved - nor ever connected to.

Have expressed these points fairly exactingly and painfully redundantly in hopes of drawing only pertinent advice for this specific issue

- thanks in advance!

:)

Needan Ansuh, Jul 31, 2018

2. Available Networks List Connect Automatically CheckBox Uncheck Can't!

The Connect Automatically Checkbox will not *stay unchecked* in the list of available networks.

Please! note!

Not talking about *Saved Networks* or "known networks"! Please, do not address either of these.

Also, understand that (in theory) one shouldn't worry because it won't actually automatically connect (but it does anyway...).

Simply, how can I completely ignore - especially to include a check in the Connect Automatically Checkbox - unwanted - unsolicited networks in the available networks list (the one typically accessed from the taskbar icon.)

Not forgetting known networks. Can see how this is done and can do it.

And also without regard to whether or not my client might actually connect to unwanted networks. Understand that there may be a challenge for protected networks - and even unprotected networks should require some input? (but then why autoconnect, if true?
    /boggle)

Don't want *even the appearance* that *my* settings allow for automatic connection to networks I don't want to ever ever connect to - by being able to uncheck that Connect Automatically Checkbox - for networks that I've not saved - nor ever connected to.

Have expressed these points fairly exactingly and painfully reduntantly in hopes of drawing only pertinent advice for this specific issue

- thanks in advance!

UncheckBoxAutoConnectCan't, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Available Networks List Connect Automatically CheckBox For Unused Available Networks Does Not Stay Unchecked

This question has been asked by another user with no solution provided.

Available Networks List Connect Automatically CheckBox Uncheck Can't!

When a person goes to internet access to connect to their WiFi, a list is provided that also shows other nearby WiFi networks (neighbors accounts) and hidden networks that have never been connected to. Windows 10 appears to default to checking the box to
    connect to these networks automatically. We do not want to connect to these networks automatically and therefore do not want the box checked. When a person unchecks them in the list, they are checked again when the list is reopened. Since they have never
    been connected to, they do not appear in the known or saved network list. How do we get the connect automatically box to default to or stay unchecked?

Please take the time to experience and understand the problem so a correct solution can be provided.

Thank You

ChrisEstadt, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Nick Dich Win User

The Connect Automatically Checkbox will not *stay unchecked*

Available Networks List Connect Automatically CheckBox Uncheck Can't!

Hi,

It is a feature for most of the devices nowadays (e.g. Windows, Android, Apple, Etc.) to connect to wireless connection that you already have used, for the reason of convenience to the users. Nevertheless, there are instances that we do not want this option,
    say for security and privacy reasons.

There is a way on how we can turn off the automatic connection of your computer/device to a network. Kindly follow the steps provided below and see if this would help you with your preference:

• Click Start button.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Open Network and Internet.
    • Select Wi-Fi.
    • Scroll all the way down on the right side and look for
      Change adapter options
    • Double-click on Wi-Fi.
    • Select Wireless Properties.
    • Uncheck the Connect automatically when this network is in range box.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if this helped you resolve your concern.

Nick Dich, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

The Connect Automatically Checkbox will not *stay unchecked*

1. The Connect Automatically Checkbox will not *stay unchecked* - Similar Threads - Connect Automatically Checkbox

2. WiFi often disconnecting and unchecking "connect automatically when in range"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi often disconnecting and unchecking "connect automatically when in range"?: I have moved to a new rental property with a new WiFi network and have only experienced this issue here.When I start my PC, it does not automatically connect to the WiFi. I always check the "connect automatically" option, but it is always unchecked on reboot. The other issue...
  3. WiFi often disconnecting and unchecking "connect automatically when in range"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi often disconnecting and unchecking "connect automatically when in range"?: I have moved to a new rental property with a new WiFi network and have only experienced this issue here.When I start my PC, it does not automatically connect to the WiFi. I always check the "connect automatically" option, but it is always unchecked on reboot. The other issue...
  4. "Connect Automatically" UNCHECKED but connects anyway on Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Connect Automatically" UNCHECKED but connects anyway on Win11: This just started after an update on Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22635 restart.I am SHOCKED to find my newly restarted Win 11 Pro system connected to the Internet. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. This is not merely an inconvenience, it's the unauthorized usage of resources. The resources are...
  5. "Connect Automatically" UNCHECKED but connects anyway on Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Connect Automatically" UNCHECKED but connects anyway on Win11: This just started after an update on Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22635 restart.I am SHOCKED to find my newly restarted Win 11 Pro system connected to the Internet. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. This is not merely an inconvenience, it's the unauthorized usage of resources. The resources are...
  6. control userpasword2 no checkbox to uncheck for auto pasword W10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    control userpasword2 no checkbox to uncheck for auto pasword W10: They removed the box when you goto cmd and typ control userpasswords2.You could uncheck the box that says ask for password when windows startup.So you dont have to typ password every time you start up.They removed the check box now.Can anyone help me to work around...
  7. Connect to network automatically unchecked - why is machine still connecting?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect to network automatically unchecked - why is machine still connecting?: My Windows 7 goes strictly by that checkbox as booted and logged in. Windows 10 does not - why? If I am connected manually and don't disconnect manually before shutdown - it automatically connect next time, ignoring checkbox. How do I fix this so I don't have to do...
  8. Wifi refuses to stay connected unless connect automatically is checked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi refuses to stay connected unless connect automatically is checked: I have a 7 year old HP 21 All In One Desktop, with Windows 10 that was installed as the beta update and has been running as Windows 10 since then. The computer has been having problems with staying connected to a wifi connection, unless the Connect Automatically option is...
  9. How to uncheck Smart Cards checkbox in Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to uncheck Smart Cards checkbox in Remote Desktop Connection: I am looking to uncheck the Smart Cards box in Remote Desktop Connections Local Resources > Devices and resources > More... area. I attempted this by disabling this in GPO under Windows Components/Remote Desktop Services/Remote Desktop Session Host/Device and Resource...
  10. Check or Uncheck Do For All Dialog Checkbox by Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Check or Uncheck Do For All Dialog Checkbox by Default in Windows 10: How to: Check or Uncheck Do For All Dialog Checkbox by Default in Windows 10 How to Check or Uncheck Do For All Dialog Checkbox by Default in Windows 10 When you cut, copy, move, or delete multiple selected files and/or folders from one location to another in Windows,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connect automatically checkbox

2. connect automatically unchecks

3. Windows 10 connect automatically does not remain unchecked

4. connect automatically wont stay unchecked windows 10,
  5. how do you stop connect automatically checkbox on windows networks,
  6. connect is not showing input checkbox,
  7. windows 10 auto connect box wont stau unchecked,
  8. wifi hidden netwrord set to open automatically what is this it will not stay unchecked