Windows 10: The Connected Devices Platform Service service terminated, Event ID 7023

Discus and support The Connected Devices Platform Service service terminated, Event ID 7023 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Whenever something fails on Windows, a service, a program, or anything, it is logged into Event viewer. One such Event ID 7023. It is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 5, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

The Connected Devices Platform Service service terminated, Event ID 7023

WinClub, Sep 5, 2020
  2. Nigel_H Win User

Event Id 7023 Windows Anniversary Update - The Connected Devices Platform Service service terminated with the following error: Unspecified error

I am seeing the following in the event log

Event Id 7023 Windows Anniversary Update - The Connected Devices Platform Service service terminated with the following error: Unspecified error

The build is a new build, it appears even with a clean startup, chkdsk and sfc have shown there are no issues.

@Microsoft - it seems that you made a recent change to a service from manual to automatic with the anniversary edition - can you explain officially what we should do with these errors?

Connected Devices Platform Service - What does it do? - Windows 10 Help Forums

Also when searching for the error you get pointed to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/231604 that was for NT4

Nigel_H, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Event Id 7023 Windows Anniversary Update - The Connected Devices Platform Service service terminated with the following error: Unspecified error

Nigel

I had not linked the two threads.

The Event ID: 55 and 56 reports do not appear in the Event Viewer System log so you need to copy and paste a copy of one of the reports so that I cannot discover where they come.

Paragraph 2.33 of the General notes on Event Viewer:

http://www.gerryscomputertips.co.uk/syserrors6.htm

This persistent and intriguing error appears in your System log.

Log Name: System

Source: Service Control Manager

Date: 25/08/2016 08:14:18

Event ID: 7023

Level: Error

Description:

The Connected Devices Platform Service service terminated with the following error:

Unspecified error

Connected Devices and Universal Glass scenarios

Connected Devices Platform Service (CDPSvc) Defaults in Windows 10

The link above contains these lines:

Restore Default Startup Configuration for Connected Devices Platform Service

1. Select your Windows 10 edition and release, and then click Download.

You might try what is suggested to see if it fixes the error.

Gerry C J Cornell, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Martin_R. Win User

Hey everybody,

I got lost during your conversation. But I definitely found a solution for my problem!
    Here it is:

Problem Description

• Event Viewer reports Event ID 7023:

The Connected Devices Platform Service service terminated with the following error:

Unspecified error
    • Service "Connected Device Platform Service" cannot be started manually. Error message shown:

Windows could not start Connected Device Platform Service service on Local Computer. Error 0x80004005: Unspecified error
    • System (more specifically explorer.exe) hangs for about 1-2 minutes after Windows 10 was booted.
    • Wireless Display Connection (WiDi) fails to connect.
    Solution

In Settings -> Privacy -> General, option "Let apps on my other devices open apps and continue experiences on this device" is turned OFF. Turn this ON (which is the default setting) and all the problems listed above are
    gone!

This problem shows me that the quality insurance of Microsoft really sucks since the release of 1511. The Anniversary Update has caused me multiple headaches and I really hate that I am forced to install "Feature Updates" which are so bloody buggy like ****.
    The problem above is not the only one I am facing. And most problems have even been present after a complete clean install of Windows 10 1607.

Please mark this posting as solution if I was able to help you. Thanks.

With best regards,

Borkar

External link (German):
    https://ibelievable.blogspot.de/2017/04/windows-10-1607-bleibt-nach-neustart.html

Martin_R., Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

1. The Connected Devices Platform Service service terminated, Event ID 7023 - Similar Threads - Connected Devices Platform

2. The IntelR TPM Provisioning Service service terminated unexpectedly - Event ID 7034

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The IntelR TPM Provisioning Service service terminated unexpectedly - Event ID 7034: Hello, recently I've got a problem with Event ID 7034. I have experienced a computer crash problem and it keeps restarting. I've checked Event Viewer and found out it has something to do with the TPM. I tried to update the drive but it didn't work. How can I fix this...
  3. The IntelR TPM Provisioning Service service terminated unexpectedly - Event ID 7034

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The IntelR TPM Provisioning Service service terminated unexpectedly - Event ID 7034: Hello, recently I've got a problem with Event ID 7034. I have experienced a computer crash problem and it keeps restarting. I've checked Event Viewer and found out it has something to do with the TPM. I tried to update the drive but it didn't work. How can I fix this...
  4. The IntelR TPM Provisioning Service service terminated unexpectedly - Event ID 7034

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Event 7023 : Service control manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 7023 : Service control manager: The Energy Server Service queencreek service terminated with the following error: {Volume Shadow Copy Service} The system is now ready for hibernation.- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Service Control Manager"...
  6. Event 7023 : Service control manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event 7023 : Service control manager: The Energy Server Service queencreek service terminated with the following error: {Volume Shadow Copy Service} The system is now ready for hibernation.- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Service Control Manager"...
  7. What is connected device platform service?

What is connected device platform service?: I don't understand what is this service. It keeps running in the background and I can't disable it from the services app either. Is it a necessary app or just it keeps running??!...
  8. Connected Devices Platform Service terminated unexpectedly

Connected Devices Platform Service terminated unexpectedly: Good evening, I keep getting a LOT of errors within EventVwr and suspect this is why my system locks up now and again, without any other error messages: The Connected Devices Platform Service service terminated with the following error: Unspecified error And The...
  9. Event 7023 Service Control Manager

Event 7023 Service Control Manager: System -Provider [ Name] Service Control Manager [ Guid] {555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4} [ EventSourceName] Service Control Manager -EventID7023 [ Qualifiers] 49152 Version0 Level2 Task0 Opcode0 Keywords0x8080000000000000 -TimeCreated [ SystemTime]...
  10. CONNECTED DEVICES PLATFORM USER SERVICE

CONNECTED DEVICES PLATFORM USER SERVICE: For some reason, the fan on my CPU is constantly running extremely high. When I check my CPU usage in Task Manager, the problem seems to be with the Connected Devices Platform User Service_48125c. I was under the impression that this task started with the computer startup,...