Windows 10: The constant dotted line box.

Discus and support The constant dotted line box. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In pretty much every Windows session I end up getting the dotted line box around my desktop icons. Even after restarting Windows Explorer (which ends... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kol12, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Kol12 Win User

The constant dotted line box.

In pretty much every Windows session I end up getting the dotted line box around my desktop icons. Even after restarting Windows Explorer (which ends it) it's not long before it returns. Is there a more permanent way to prevent this happening or is this just the joys of Win 10?

The constant dotted line box. [​IMG]

:)

Kol12, Jan 3, 2019

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Jan 3, 2019
  4. The constant dotted line box.

Black Dot and Numbers filled up in the password box and the Notepad

Hello,

There are several ways to troubleshoot sign-in issues in Windows 10. Since the system automatically fills out the password box with black dots and already did a few troubleshooting steps, we suggest creating a new user account to see if this issue will occur
    on a new user profile. This will help you check if your current user account is corrupted. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Family
      & other people
      > Add someone else to this PC.

• Type a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

The constant dotted line box.

1. The constant dotted line box. - Similar Threads - constant dotted line

2. Echo dot to WYFI

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Echo dot to WYFI: How do I connect my Echo dot to WYFI https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/echo-dot-to-wyfi/2a60029d-6e74-40e0-bf58-27f37b511d86"
  3. boxes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    boxes: Where would I go into settings for the pointer/on my mouse, to stop it from the box appearing stating (print, back, etc. ) everytime I try to click on anything that box appears on my screen not letting me click to what I am trying to do. I know it's in settings but where do I...
  4. Echo Dot

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Echo Dot: I have an Echo Dot Gen 2 & 3. I'm trying to pair them together . No luck so far .Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/echo-dot/1e0b9c69-2797-46ff-b053-cc150784c435"
  5. Flashing dotted line at bottom of screen after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flashing dotted line at bottom of screen after Windows 10 update: Recently, Windows updated on my laptop and had no problems.. However, just about 2 days ago, this dotted white just appeared at the bottom of my screen and has been flashing in and out since, as each day goes by, the flashing becomes more and more frequent. I've also noticed...
  6. Stuck at Spinning Dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck at Spinning Dots: I have a Dell Precision 7910 on windows 10 1803. I updated a couple weeks ago through windows update. I have booted the machine several times since updating. A few days ago I update the NVIDIA driver. I have dual K620 cards. Booted a couple of times sine that update. Today...
  7. Beastly Box Constantly In The Way

in Windows 10 Customization
    Beastly Box Constantly In The Way: Hi all, ever since I reluctantly 'downdated' to win10 from win7 I've been constantly pestered by this nasty, intrusive, blocking, little black box. There's nothing on it to say where it comes from, but it looks like this: [img] and it plonks itself right over any data...
  8. Can I remove the dotted selection box on a mouse?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I remove the dotted selection box on a mouse?: Hello all, I was wondering if anyone knew how to remove the dotted selection box that comes from holding the left mouse button and moving the mouse on the desktop? I like the feature, I would just like to remove the box. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,...
  9. Stuck at spinning dots

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck at spinning dots: Hi, first of all, sorry for my bad English. My issue is pretty straight forward: last night I left my computer powered on, and when I woke up, I had a Windows update screen stuck at 100%. The mouse didn't work, everything was frozen. I restarted my PC and it froze at...
  10. Help to stop windows 10 search box constantly popping up

in Windows 10 Support
    Help to stop windows 10 search box constantly popping up: Hi I've just installed windows 10 on my laptop. Initially a box on the left hand side telling me about cortana kept popping up so I switched cortanat off. Now the box just keeps popping up constantly, asking me to start typing to search the web or for apps etc. This is...