Windows 10: The content of my "Downloads" folder under "This PC" is different from that under "Users".

Discus and support The content of my "Downloads" folder under "This PC" is different from that under "Users". in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I download some documents, I can only see them when opening the "Downloads" folder from "This PC > Windows C: > Users > William my username >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by William0731C, Apr 30, 2020.

1. The content of my "Downloads" folder under "This PC" is different from that under "Users".

When I download some documents, I can only see them when opening the "Downloads" folder from "This PC > Windows C: > Users > William my username > Downloads", but couldn't see them if just click the shortcut on my desktop, which is opened from "This PC > Downloads".

As you can see from the picture below, the contents of these two downloads folders are different.

The content of my "Downloads" folder under "This PC" is different from that under "Users". [​IMG]

:)

William0731C, Apr 30, 2020

2. Windows 10: Documents folder in This PC is different from Documents folder in C:\user

>> Why the folder contents in This PC and C:\user are different.

Can you post a screenshot of both the windows?

Ramesh Srinivasan, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

The content of my "Downloads" folder under "This PC" is different from that under "Users".

Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10  

If not the best way to do that but at least the way I recommend:

• "Empty" your user profile folders as much as you can, copying documents, pics, videos, music and all other personal data from all user profiles to external HDD. As following steps require you to relocate Users folder two times, the less data is left in user profile folders, the faster the relocation process. Important: Leave system folder AppData for each profile intact, do not empty / move its content!
    • Reverse the relocating, doing exactly as told in tutorial Method Two but this time relocating Users folder back to C: drive
    • Shut down the PC, replace the disk where you had Users relocated
    • Mount the new disk, boot to Windows, assign new disk the same drive ID letter than the old one had
    • Again, do as told in Method Two, now relocating Users to new disk
    • Restore the backed up personal user data from external drive to respective folders under each user profile

Thema:

The content of my "Downloads" folder under "This PC" is different from that under "Users".

1. The content of my "Downloads" folder under "This PC" is different from that under "Users". - Similar Threads - content Downloads folder

2. Deletion of Default folder under Users folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deletion of Default folder under Users folder: I'm using windows 11 and accidentally deleted a Default folder under Users, no system backup was performed prior to these. The Default folder is permanently deleted any chance to restore it back. Will it effect already created users??Any suggestion would be more then helpful...
  3. Unknown users folder under C:\Users\

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown users folder under C:\Users\: Hey So I noticed that I have my usual user folder in C:\Users\user and then another one which is basically C:\Users\user.LAPTOP-xxxxxxxx. The weird thing is that user.LAPTOP-xxxxxxxx is not the name of my laptop at all if I check under system information. Where is this...
  4. My documents folder under This PC became my user folder!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My documents folder under This PC became my user folder!: This is how my documents folder under this PC looks like now:[ATTACH] This happened after I tried to move my documents folder out the OneDrive folder and into the user folder through the location tab inside the properties of the folder. However, I failed to move it because...
  5. Rename Computer folder under User?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Rename Computer folder under User?: Hello, i once created a folder under my c drive and named it test. Use Windows 10. If I click on it, right mouse button, is there no possibility to rename it? How can I do this? Do I go to properties and I don't find anything about them? [ATTACH] Computer...
  6. Sharing a sub folder under 'Users' results in folder 'Users' and all the subfolders under...

Sharing a sub folder under 'Users' results in folder 'Users' and all the subfolders under...: When I enable sharing on an individual sub folder under 'Users', the 'Users' folder itself and all sub folders under get sharing enabled for them. Further, the [Share] button under [Properties>Sharing] for folder 'Users' gets greyed out. What's causing this weird behavior...
  7. Changing name of folder under Users

Changing name of folder under Users: I need help changing one folder's name in the Users folder. It's the folder that has the name of the device as the folder name. I bought the laptop off my friend but I can't change the name of the one folder. I have already changed the name of the laptop itself in the "About"...
  8. Renaming the user folder under c:\users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Renaming the user folder under c:\users: Hi all. As a user who's part of a domain, my user folder under C:\Users is very long and this is disturbing when I use Bash (WSL). the folder is first.last.domainName and that's too long. Ideally, I just want my user folder to be my first.last name without the domain name...
  9. Videos Folder under This PC

Videos Folder under This PC: I’ve redirected the Videos folder under this PC in file explorer, yet some App or setting keeps creating the folder in the default location including a sub folder “Caotures”- I changed the windows 10 Xbox capture folder location, still happening. Any ideas?...
  10. strange folders under users folders...

in Windows 10 Support
    strange folders under users folders...: i found these strange folders under the users folders and other places... dozens of them... ones like Send To, Start Menu, Templates, etc they have shortcut arrows but they are not... they are file folders and they have no size and the date is when i installed...