Windows 10: The copy, cut, paste, rename, delete and properties options from the right click menu have...

Discus and support The copy, cut, paste, rename, delete and properties options from the right click menu have... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I logged in to Windows today and tried to move a file from my desktop but the options of copy, cut, paste, rename, delete and properties options from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Saurabh Dodke, Nov 23, 2022.

1. The copy, cut, paste, rename, delete and properties options from the right click menu have...

I logged in to Windows today and tried to move a file from my desktop but the options of copy, cut, paste, rename, delete and properties options from the right click menu had disappeared.The shortcuts for the same ctrl c,v, or F2 wouldn't work either.I somehow opened the Properties box but it doesn't work show the usual "General" tab, just the Sharing and Security tabs.I tried using sfc scannow but the Command Prompt Windows Resource Protection couldn't fix a few corrupted files thatThen I tried chkdsk and attrib clear read only, both didn't work for me.Is there any way I could fix this wi

:)

Saurabh Dodke, Nov 23, 2022

2. Right click>"Send to" copies, but can you cut/paste instead?

I have set up a shortcut in my right click menu to be able to Send To a certain folder. However, this seems to only copy the file, rather than cutting and pasting. The problem with copying, is that the file is still on the desktop, and then i have to manually delete it. Trying to save a step here. Can this be done?

bobhamblin, Nov 23, 2022
  3. Kari Win User
    Cut or Copy and Paste

Select the text you want to copy or cut with mouse, right click the selection and select either Copy or Cut. Notice that Cut is only available if the document or other source is editable; if you have no rights to edit the document (for example web pages), the Cut option is not available.

Now go to document where you want to paste, right click and select Paste.

Instead of right clicking and selecting option from a menu you can also use the keyboard shortcuts. CTRL + C (press and hold down CTRL key, press C, release both keys) copies the selection, CTRL + X cuts it, and CTRL + V will paste it.

You can also select using keyboard shortcuts. Click document where you want to start marking / selecting, hold down the SHIFT key and use arrow keys to extend the selection. When ready, release the SHIFT key and use above mentioned other shortcuts to copy or cut.

To select all, for instance all text in a document, use keyboard shortcut CTRL + A. The ESC key clears the selection.

4. The copy, cut, paste, rename, delete and properties options from the right click menu have...

cut or copy and paste

I use to be able to cut and paste by highlighting and right clicking. Now I can highlight but when I right click this option is no longer available. What happened to my cut, copy and paste and how can I get them back?

Carroll.Peterson, Nov 23, 2022
Thema:

The copy, cut, paste, rename, delete and properties options from the right click menu have...

1. The copy, cut, paste, rename, delete and properties options from the right click menu have... - Similar Threads - copy cut paste

2. Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back: When I right click on an icon it used to have copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename etc. now i need to click show more options and it is the most annoying thing in the entire world. I need to know how to fix it easily. its on my work computer so i cannot go into administrator...
  3. Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back: When I right click on an icon it used to have copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename etc. now i need to click show more options and it is the most annoying thing in the entire world. I need to know how to fix it easily. its on my work computer so i cannot go into administrator...
  4. cut copy paste rename delete and properties not working on files / folders in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cut copy paste rename delete and properties not working on files / folders in windows 11: I recently fix a issue with my windows 11 in this forum threadhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-windows_install/windows-11-thinks-its-in-preinstallation-after/20cc48b1-6493-490c-a2d3-e84e66e2ff4eMy sincere thank you to the technician that help me...
  5. cut copy paste rename delete and properties not working on files / folders in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cut copy paste rename delete and properties not working on files / folders in windows 11: I recently fix a issue with my windows 11 in this forum threadhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-windows_install/windows-11-thinks-its-in-preinstallation-after/20cc48b1-6493-490c-a2d3-e84e66e2ff4eMy sincere thank you to the technician that help me...
  6. The copy, cut, paste, rename, delete and properties options from the right click menu have...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The copy, cut, paste, rename, delete and properties options from the right click menu have...: I logged in to Windows today and tried to move a file from my desktop but the options of copy, cut, paste, rename, delete and properties options from the right click menu had disappeared.The shortcuts for the same ctrl c,v, or F2 wouldn't work either.I somehow opened the...
  7. The copy, cut, paste, rename, delete and properties options from the right click menu have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The copy, cut, paste, rename, delete and properties options from the right click menu have...: I logged in to Windows today and tried to move a file from my desktop but the options of copy, cut, paste, rename, delete and properties options from the right click menu had disappeared.The shortcuts for the same ctrl c,v, or F2 wouldn't work either.I somehow opened the...
  8. "Paste" is not an option on right click menu

in Windows 10 Support
    "Paste" is not an option on right click menu: I just noticed this: When I go to COPY files and PASTE them into folders on another PC on the home network, the PASTE option does not show in the menu when you right click the destination folder. Is this 'normal' behavior? I can Paste the files using the paste button in the...
  9. Windows 10 corrupted, right click context menu no delete, cut and copy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 corrupted, right click context menu no delete, cut and copy: I am facing very strange issue with "Windows 10 Professional 1803", when I right click at the desktop context menu there are no delete, cut and copy: (I can copy, move or delete files using CMD!) [ATTACH] Also when I try to do start - run - i am getting this error:...
  10. 'Properties' option not accessible in Right Click Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    'Properties' option not accessible in Right Click Menu: I am currently using Windows 10 pro 64 bit having upgraded from Windows 7 pro and I am experiencing a strange problem. When I right click on a file ( .WAV, .MP3, .JPG, .DOC etc ) in Windows Explorer and then select the 'Properties' option, the expected properties window...