Windows 10: The copy / move progress dialog is missing / does not show when performing those tasks

Discus and support The copy / move progress dialog is missing / does not show when performing those tasks in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, This is a known problem, which apparently appeared in the December 2018 update. PROBLEM STATEMENT: Win10: a COPY or MOVE operation does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NotASpeckOfCereal, Jan 3, 2019.

1. The copy / move progress dialog is missing / does not show when performing those tasks

Hi all,

This is a known problem, which apparently appeared in the December 2018 update.

• PROBLEM STATEMENT: Win10: a COPY or MOVE operation does not display the progress dialog when doing those operations.

What I've tried:

• Doing an update (Settings / Check for Updates): didn't work

I have seen other threads where Windows 10 build 11082 had the problem, which was solved with people updating to build 11099.

HOWEVER, I do not have those version/build numbers with Windows 10 Pro for Workstations.

My winver is: "Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.195)".

So my initial browsing indicates that this is fixed for most Windows 10 client installs, but if my installation is a good indication, it is not fixed for Windows Pro for Workstation installs.

Is this correct?

Thanks, Chris

:)

NotASpeckOfCereal, Jan 3, 2019
  2. beiramar Win User

Copy/Move/Delete progress dialogs not showing. Preview 11082

Since last update, this is happening.

If I copy a file over a shared folder in my LAN or whatever, there is no progress bar or nothing. I only know that the copy is running if I show the Ethernet status and see the bytes counting increases.

Same thing if I copy files to flash drives, ou hard drives.

There is no more progress dialog.

Any tips?

Thank you

beiramar, Jan 3, 2019
  3. denebarry Win User
    File operations Progress dialog missing

When I copy,paste,move a file I no longer get a progress dialog. The operation happens but there is no indocation of progress and it is tempting to repeat the operation as you're not sure anything is happening. I still get the diallg on my other computers.

denebarry, Jan 3, 2019
  4. The copy / move progress dialog is missing / does not show when performing those tasks

Copy from to Dialog window missing.

I tried those suggestions without any success. I have done some research and found out that this maybe a problem with this build of windows, Windows 10 build 11082, and just wait until there is a fix for this. The site,

http://microsoft-news.com/here-are-the-known-issues-in-windows-10-build-11082/,
    say's that when copying, deleting or moving files and folders there will be no progress dialog box. So it is a matter of just waiting.

Thanks for your help.

Harrycat310, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

The copy / move progress dialog is missing / does not show when performing those tasks

1. The copy / move progress dialog is missing / does not show when performing those tasks - Similar Threads - copy move progress

2. The Copy and Replace Dialog does not work as expected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Copy and Replace Dialog does not work as expected.: Running Win 10 latest vers. on an Surface. When I try to copy ANY files from ANY folder to a different folder they copy fine but if even one file is already in there and the Copy File dialogue box comes up that asks "Copy and Replace" or "Dont Copy" if I choose "Don't Copy"...
  3. The Copy and Replace Dialog does not work as expected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Copy and Replace Dialog does not work as expected.: Running Win 10 latest vers. on an Surface. When I try to copy ANY files from ANY folder to a different folder they copy fine but if even one file is already in there and the Copy File dialogue box comes up that asks "Copy and Replace" or "Dont Copy" if I choose "Don't Copy"...
  4. The Copy and Replace Dialog does not work as expected.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Copy bar progress

Copy bar progress: Good Morning!I wonder if someone could please help me. When copying/backing up large folders, sometimes the process takes an hour or more due to the number of files being copied. However, sometimes the progress indicator gets to 99% before closing/finishing and other times it...
  6. Copy bar progress

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy bar progress: Good Morning!I wonder if someone could please help me. When copying/backing up large folders, sometimes the process takes an hour or more due to the number of files being copied. However, sometimes the progress indicator gets to 99% before closing/finishing and other times it...
  7. File Copy/Delete Progress bar in individual dialog boxes

File Copy/Delete Progress bar in individual dialog boxes: I am trying to improve my workflow and I cannot find the adjustment to a setting that I'm relatively sure exists because I'm pretty sure I've used it before. When copying, deleting, etc. two large files or groups of files, a dialog box appears showing the progress. It says "2...
  8. Latest build -- file explorer not showing progress when copy files

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest build -- file explorer not showing progress when copy files: Hi there big big problem --latest (preview) build - file explorer not showing progress when copying / moving files. This - unless fixed soon will cause me to revert to previous build. Anybody else got this or is it just something with my update. (W10 Pro X-64)....
  9. File operations Progress dialog missing

in Windows 10 Support
    File operations Progress dialog missing: When I copy,paste,move a file I no longer get a progress dialog. The operation happens but there is no indocation of progress and it is tempting to repeat the operation as you're not sure anything is happening. I still get the diallg on my other computers. 27184
  10. File Copy or Move Focus for Dialog Box

in Windows 10 Support
    File Copy or Move Focus for Dialog Box: I've noticed a very annoying aspect of Windows 10. When I copy or move a file and there is a conflict, the dialog box normally doesn't take focus, it just sits on the task bar. OK, it is flashing, but I often miss it. Is there a fix? 32440

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 compy progress bar missing

2. when moving multiple files the copy dialog box does not appear

3. copy progress not showing windows 10

4. windows copy no longer shows progress,
  5. copy and replace dialog box missing windows 10,
  6. The copy / move progress dialog is missing and doesnt show when performing those tasks,
  7. copy / move progress dialog,
  8. the copy move progress dialog box disappears in windows 10,
  9. Copy or move progress missing on Windows 1809 Microsoft