Windows 10: The copying speed is not constant. It reaches as high as 16-19 MB/s and sometimes drops as...

Discus and support The copying speed is not constant. It reaches as high as 16-19 MB/s and sometimes drops as... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/harshvpandey101x [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/harshvpandey101x, Apr 15, 2021.

1. The copying speed is not constant. It reaches as high as 16-19 MB/s and sometimes drops as...

/u/harshvpandey101x, Apr 15, 2021
  2. Tesla3D Win User

Copy speed very slow in windows 10

Using NAS Network mirror drive SATA to NEW USB3 thumb drive.

If downloading from the 120 MB Internet to the NAS, speed is constant.

PC SATA to NAS, speed is high.

The USB 3 starts out high, then drops off.

You might look at:

https://winaero.com/blog/how-to-fix-the-slow-data-transfer-issue-and-speed-up-your-usb-flash-drive/

Windows 10 may have added this API (see step 3 here)

Windows 10 Slow Deleting or Moving Files? Here’s the Real Fix

Tesla3D, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Network speed drop off when copying files

This is a constant problem.

when copying files from ComputerA to ComputerB, both on the same network, the speed starts off at 10mb, which is nice and fast, then about 30 seconds in it drops off to 150-900k and stays there.

why does this happen?

The copying speed is not constant. It reaches as high as 16-19 MB/s and sometimes drops as... b6284c76-6535-4726-87d7-47dd701c798b?upload=true.png

A few things I have tried:

1. I made sure nothing else is using my network, no internet activity, no devices, ect...
    2. I made sure both computers on the network are properly networked with permissions and accounts.
    3. My router is blazing fast, my internet speeds are 1gbps
    4. Tried testing both TO and FROM computer A and B
    5. I have no "low power" settings on either computer, both are using maximum performance in every setting including advanced settings
    6. Neither computer is 'asleep', the HD and the system are both fully live and active
    The problem is not intermittent, it is constant - at about 30-45 seconds the speed always drops off.

Any ideas?

c_zagarskas, Apr 15, 2021
  4. The copying speed is not constant. It reaches as high as 16-19 MB/s and sometimes drops as...

DL speed drop

Hi,BenjaminMello

My name is Erik. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

How many devices that are connected to the internet, possible that you been experience a high traffic connection to your internet,that's why the speed drop while you were downloading and if only one device is connected, I suggest to run a speed test, make sure
    to get the download speed and then the Upload speed, if the Upload speed getting only 1mbps and then you have an issue to your connection, and I suggest to contact your service provider and to trace your line connection and asked what is the upload standard
    upload speed that you have in the package of your internet, because if your getting a 40 Mbps of speed expect the upload speed should be more than 5 Mbps to 10 mbps.that will depend what packaged that

EriksonBautista24, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

The copying speed is not constant. It reaches as high as 16-19 MB/s and sometimes drops as...

1. The copying speed is not constant. It reaches as high as 16-19 MB/s and sometimes drops as... - Similar Threads - copying speed constant

2. Wi fi drops when download speed hits 10 mb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi fi drops when download speed hits 10 mb: I noticed every time I tried to download something large like a game, exactly when the download speed went up to 10mb/s, my download speed would go down to near zero then started going back up after a minute only to go down againsometimes the wifi just straight dropped , when...
  3. Wi fi drops when download speed hits 10 mb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi fi drops when download speed hits 10 mb: I noticed every time I tried to download something large like a game, exactly when the download speed went up to 10mb/s, my download speed would go down to near zero then started going back up after a minute only to go down againsometimes the wifi just straight dropped , when...
  4. Copy Paste Stuttering and speed drops to Zero

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Copy Paste Stuttering and speed drops to Zero: Sometimes when i try to Copy Paste from my Server to my Gaming PC Both running windows 10 Pro 64bit my server is running i5 3570k with 16 gb ram and my gaming PC i7 6700k and also 16 gb ram the green bar will freeze at certain points for a second or 2 then jump forward and...
  5. Remote connections speed limited to about 1.5 MB / s

Remote connections speed limited to about 1.5 MB / s: I've been struggling in my company setup for a while with a strange problem. After diagnosis, the problem seems to be caused by Windows 10. My setup Windows 10 Pro machine serving as a file repository for workstations in LAN and for remote connections let's call it a server....
  6. Below 10 Mb/s internet speed on Windows 10

Below 10 Mb/s internet speed on Windows 10: I've checked my other machines and they are getting 100Mb/s tops this is via speedtest.net, on the main machine I get below 10Mb/s. I have followed these guides/answers : -...
  7. Copy speed starts fine, then drops to 355KB/s - affecting local copying as well as over the...

Copy speed starts fine, then drops to 355KB/s - affecting local copying as well as over the...: I have a drive in one of my PCs running Windows 10 Pro that I primarily use to store lots of large files 5-30GB. I use this PC mainly as a server to store these files on, copying files to it over the network when I no longer need them on my main PC. However, I've started...
  8. Help my new ssd jumps up to high speed then drops to kb/s

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help my new ssd jumps up to high speed then drops to kb/s: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Quadsam [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f1rapr/help_my_new_ssd_jumps_up_to_high_speed_then_drops/
  9. After Installing Latest Windows Update WiFi Speed Reduce to 8 MB/S From 40 MB/S

After Installing Latest Windows Update WiFi Speed Reduce to 8 MB/S From 40 MB/S: Hi All, After installing latest windows update ( Version 1903 [Windows 10 Home] ) my WiFi speed reduce to 8 MB/S from 40 MB/S. Please help me to fix this. Thanks....
  10. Inconsistent WiFi speed - drops, high ping

Inconsistent WiFi speed - drops, high ping: Hi, I've recently gotten a new laptop and I noticed that my WiFi speed is very inconsistent. Basically, I'm downloading something at 600kBps and then it drops to 300, goes back up, drops again and keeps doing this all the time. Similarly, I have a huge problem with...