Windows 10: The cortana search results turned black and I can't see what it says

Discus and support The cortana search results turned black and I can't see what it says in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My search bar works fine but when the results show up it's black so I can't see what the options are. Please help me fix it!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lowdave, May 29, 2019.

1. Lowdave Win User

The cortana search results turned black and I can't see what it says

My search bar works fine but when the results show up it's black so I can't see what the options are. Please help me fix it!

:)

Lowdave, May 29, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Turn Off Web Search Results When Searching My Computer

Hi,

If you are pertaining to the Cortana search web results, you can disable it and improve local search results. Follow the steps below to disable web results:

• Click the search bar.
    • Select the Notebook icon on the left pane of the search bar.
    • From the options, select Settings. (Note: On the later versions of Windows, the Settings button might be outside the Notebook icon.)
    • On the Settings, toggle the Cortana gives me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option to
      Off.
    • On the lower part, turn off the Search online and included web results option as well.

See the image as reference to the above steps:

The cortana search results turned black and I can't see what it says 7c9e0858-2114-462b-b171-63b6e7d3089d.jpg

After doing the steps, try using search again and see if the web results will now disappear.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, May 29, 2019
  3. cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 29, 2019
  4. The cortana search results turned black and I can't see what it says

Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      The cortana search results turned black and I can't see what it says a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, May 29, 2019
Thema:

The cortana search results turned black and I can't see what it says

1. The cortana search results turned black and I can't see what it says - Similar Threads - cortana search results

2. Turn off "See web results" in Search bar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn off "See web results" in Search bar: How can I turn off "See web results" in Search bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-see-web-results-in-search-bar/32485dd4-5e6d-4f7d-8b1d-81845fb9c973
  3. Can't turn Cortana on

in Cortana
    Can't turn Cortana on: How can I turn Cortana on in W10 - I get "Sorry but Cortana is not available in English Australia at this time" And no 3 dots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-cortana-on/623af38d-8c66-4b89-b36a-cdce40d66e4c
  4. no cortana search results

in Cortana
    no cortana search results: no cortana search results https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-cortana-search-results/a8802319-d2a3-432d-a63b-cd0b4a5885c2
  5. Trigger Cortana search result event for "Turn Systems Icon on or Off"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Trigger Cortana search result event for "Turn Systems Icon on or Off"?: I've described this issue here. I want to create programmatically trigger whatever's triggered when, upon searching with Cortana, I click the "Turn Systems Icon on or Off" item, so that I can use this in a shortcut. The URI that will get me closest to this is...
  6. Disabling "See web results" from search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling "See web results" from search: Hi. I've tried multiple tutorials on the internet, and nothing removes the "see web results" in 1903. It's really irritating that Edge opens when I mistype something and press enter. Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/ApertureNext [link] [comments]...
  7. My cortana search shows blank results

in Cortana
    My cortana search shows blank results: Today I noticed my cortana search looks completely different. When I go to type in my search box, I get blank results, no matter what I type. I have verified that Windows has indexed nearly 50,000 items for windows search. How can i fix this? My first picture shows what...
  8. My Cortana search turned black and now I can't see anything.

in Cortana
    My Cortana search turned black and now I can't see anything.: Out of nowhere Cortana turned black and because the text is black I can barely read my searches. The person who formally held my position was very disorganized with files so often this is the only way to find them. I have tried: -re-starting computer -changing color...
  9. Cortana search, these results may be incomplete

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana search, these results may be incomplete: So I noticed cortana search is often showing a text at the top saying these results may be incomplete please try in a few minutes. But it never goes away. It didn't used to do this. I reckon only in last week or so. There have been no significant changes. I checked indexing...
  10. Can't turn off "Search online and include web results" (Cortana)

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't turn off "Search online and include web results" (Cortana): Hi, ever since I installed the windows anniversary update I haven't been able to disable the "Search online and include web results" in Cortana settings. When I turn it off the next time I check the setting its just turned itself back on again... Having this setting enabled...