Windows 10: The CPU load is higher if a large amount of memory is used !?

Discus and support The CPU load is higher if a large amount of memory is used !? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am asking this question thinking at Windows search service and other. I get'it, indexing files make them more easy and fast to access, reducing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bogdan-Adrian, Dec 31, 2018.

1. The CPU load is higher if a large amount of memory is used !?

I am asking this question thinking at Windows search service and other. I get'it, indexing files make them more easy and fast to access, reducing the time needed to find them, implicit the CPU usage, but, if I have a very old computer, it is good to stop this service since I don't make many file searches, in order to get some "pression" from my CPU?

Happy New Year, if somebody's here !

:)

Bogdan-Adrian, Dec 31, 2018
  2. SerhiyIA Win User

'System and compressed memory' on ASUS G75VY notebook load CPU always on 16%

thank you for your reply!

here what I did:

1. disabled non-microsoft services, disabled all applications in startup list

result: after restart "system and compressed memory" still gain 17% CPU

2. ran PC into safe mode ( just to see what happens )

result: CPU load is 0% for "system and compressed memory"

3. ran PC in normal mode

result: CPU load is 0% for "system and compressed memory"

as we can see from step 1, the problem probably is not in applications ?

what would you suggest in this case ?

looking forward for your answer

SerhiyIA, Dec 31, 2018
  3. Is it memory or CPU

I have it solved thanks for the replies, I bumped the memory up one step from 1.10000 to 1.10625 and everything is fine. My temps were fine High of 67C low of 41C. I really appreciate the input by everyone

Super Sarge, Dec 31, 2018
  4. qubit Win User

The CPU load is higher if a large amount of memory is used !?

Is it memory or CPU

I second a bump to the CPU voltage. As it's the smallest speed increment you're trying to achieve, I'd suggest suitably small increments in voltage. Perhaps start with the smallest and go up to a max of five steps. There's really no hard and fast rule on something like this.

Even before you do this, it's a good idea to reseat your memory and graphics card, cleaning the contacts with isopropyl alcohol while you're at it. Also clean out any significant dust that's accumulated around your CPU cooler or mobo. Finally, check your temperatures are looking ok. The tiniest irregularity can upset your PC when you're trying to overclock it - I know, I've been there, lol.

If you wanna go large, you can even reseat your CPU (don't clean the contacts; too delicate) and put new thermal paste on it. However, there's always the risk of an accident ruining your CPU or mobo when doing this, so I suggest this last step with caution and only if you really want to.

qubit, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

The CPU load is higher if a large amount of memory is used !?

1. The CPU load is higher if a large amount of memory is used !? - Similar Threads - CPU load higher

2. Large amount of ram being used nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Large amount of ram being used nothing: Ok so i feel like this question has been answered a billion times, but no matter what forum or video I look i can't find the answer for me. Even when I am not running any games or anything, the amount of ram that is being used seems to be way more than all of the processes...
  3. Large amount of ram being used nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large amount of ram being used nothing: Ok so i feel like this question has been answered a billion times, but no matter what forum or video I look i can't find the answer for me. Even when I am not running any games or anything, the amount of ram that is being used seems to be way more than all of the processes...
  4. Taskhostw.exe suddenly uses large amounts of memory randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskhostw.exe suddenly uses large amounts of memory randomly: Taskhostw.exe uses high memory and this happened just recently, yesterday the laptop was working fine. But now sometimes the laptop suddenly began to slow down and by opening task manager to see the culprit It was taskhostw.exe, the memory usage was up to 800,000kThis seemed...
  5. Taskhostw.exe suddenly uses large amounts of memory randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskhostw.exe suddenly uses large amounts of memory randomly: Taskhostw.exe uses high memory and this happened just recently, yesterday the laptop was working fine. But now sometimes the laptop suddenly began to slow down and by opening task manager to see the culprit It was taskhostw.exe, the memory usage was up to 800,000kThis seemed...
  6. Taskhostw.exe suddenly uses large amounts of memory randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Always Using A High Amount Of Memory

Always Using A High Amount Of Memory: Hello,Recently, my computer has been using 80%+ memory all the time, from start-up to shutdown.I'm not 100% sure why though.I have 16 GB of RAM installed. I don't have many applications running on start-up either. I do not have any malware/viruses/etc.I have attached a photo...
  8. LocalServiceNoNetworkFirewall Consumes Large Amount of CPU on a Regular Basis

LocalServiceNoNetworkFirewall Consumes Large Amount of CPU on a Regular Basis: For the last 3 weeks or so, the service LocalServiceNoNetworkFirewall has been consuming 40 to 50% of my cpu. If I restart the system multiple times, I am sometimes successful in lowering the amount of cpu being used by LocalServiceNoNetworkFirewall. I am running Windows...
  9. Large amount of Paged Pool memory usage over time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Large amount of Paged Pool memory usage over time: I have been fighting with this for some time and I can't figure out what it is. Over time, my Paged Pool memory usage keeps climbing until eventually I have to reboot to clear it out. It is a tough problem to search for because most people seem to have a problem with...
  10. Runtime Broker Using large amounts of CPU

in Windows 10 Support
    Runtime Broker Using large amounts of CPU: Hello, i just want to start by saying that i know it may seem like i'm rambling a bit, but i'm very stressed out at the moment. I'm running windows 10 Home 64-bit The process runtimebroker is eating up a lot of cpu for me. I have looked deeply into this problem, but no...