Windows 10: the CSM option in bios is disabled -how do i enable it?

Discus and support the CSM option in bios is disabled -how do i enable it? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; like the title said, how do i enable CSM? iam poised to try booting from flash drive that contains the linux ISO thingy. i wish to try it, out of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pathfinder, Jul 1, 2017.

1. the CSM option in bios is disabled -how do i enable it?

like the title said, how do i enable CSM? iam poised to try booting from flash drive that contains the linux ISO thingy. i wish to try it, out of curiousity*Shock

:)

Pathfinder, Jul 1, 2017

2. Stucked in bios

Ok there was fast boots options and csm , fast boots option was enabled and csm was disabled i was enabled the csm click save and exit and magicly computer starts normaly now everything ok but what will be happen at future ? Do i need to disable csm and
    enable fast boots ? And if i do that after that computer will be stuck again in bios ?

Emre HanDoğan, Jul 1, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Reinstalled windows 10 won't boot without disc

Do you have an old BIOS or UEFI

To check, see if in your BIOS you have these options:

If the file system on your hard drive is GPT:

• Secure Boot - should be enabled
    • Legacy Boot - should be disabled
    • CSM should be disabled
    • USB boot - should be disabled
    If the file system on your hard drive is NTFS and these options exist in your BIOS:

• Secure Boot - should be disabled
    • Legacy Boot - should be enabled
    • CSM should be enabled
    • USB boot - should be disabled

Also please check in your BIOS that SATA Mode is set to AHCI . . .

DaveM121, Jul 1, 2017
  4. Cliff S New Member

the CSM option in bios is disabled -how do i enable it?

Maybe turning off secure boot first?
    Windows 8.1/ 10 WHQL Support [Disabled]
    Secure Boot
    Sets the Windows secure boot to prevent the unauthorized accessing. Press
    <Enter> to enter the sub-menu. This sub-menu will appear when Windows 8.1/ 10
    WHQL Support is enabled.

And Secure Boot Support [Disabled]

▶Boot Mode Select [LEGACY+UEFI]
    Sets the system boot mode from legacy or UEFI architecture depending on OS
    installation requirement. This item will become un-selectable and will be configured
    automatically by BIOS when Windows 8.1/ 10 WHQL Support is enabled.
    [UEFI] Enables UEFI BIOS boot mode support only.
    [LEGACY+UEFI] Enables both Legacy BIOS boot mode and UEFI BIOS boot
    mode.

These are for my MOBO

Cliff S, Jul 1, 2017
  5. I do believe Cliff S is right, you need to turn Secure Boot off first. That should unlock the CSM setting. You need to turn Secure Boot off anyway as far as I know, to boot from Linux Install media.

alphanumeric, Jul 1, 2017
  6. ok i have done that and ive formatted flash drive to FAT32..and it is recognized on the bios menu... but do i have to unzip the file before try to boot from that?

​iam more curious to try out new os than ever before. but not to worry, i will still use windows on a daily basis

Pathfinder, Jul 3, 2017
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Malcom, read this link about installing Ubuntu: Installation - Community Help Wiki

If you have the ISO Zipped, just unzip it straight to the USB stick.
    I usually just download the ISO mount it in file explorer, then copy & paste the files to the USB drive.

Cliff S, Jul 3, 2017
  8. the CSM option in bios is disabled -how do i enable it?

tried to unzip..cant do it.. i got the file straight from linux site. why does it say password

the CSM option in bios is disabled -how do i enable it? [​IMG]

Pathfinder, Jul 3, 2017
  9. Cliff S New Member
    It's an ISO, not a zip, just double click to mount in file explorer, then select all the folders and files, and copy them to the usb drive.

Cliff S, Jul 3, 2017
  10. i extracted the linux bundle using unetbootin successfully..restarted, changed boot order to the iso thats on flash...but nothing happened..it went to usual login screen . odd

Pathfinder, Jul 4, 2017
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    Is the FAT32 partition on the flash drive marked as active?

NavyLCDR, Jul 4, 2017
  12. here is the screenshot as requested

Pathfinder, Jul 4, 2017
  13. Cliff S New Member

Since you have made changes to your BIOS, have you tried just putting the ISO file on the USB stick, no fancy stuff, just put the ISO there, and try booting into it.

Cliff S, Jul 4, 2017
  14. its now on the stick. i will try it this afternoon...then report back of my findings. cheers

heres linux, unpacked on the flash

Pathfinder, Jul 4, 2017
  15. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

You have both the ISO file and its content on that stick. No harm but done but there's no use for that ISO file there.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Jul 4, 2017
Thema:

1. the CSM option in bios is disabled -how do i enable it? - Similar Threads - CSM option bios

2. how do i enable secure boot if i cant disable csm support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i enable secure boot if i cant disable csm support: im 10 hours into this issue please helpin order to disable secure boot i need to disable csm support and restart my bios however the csm support re enables upon rebooting my computer after save and exit in bios. this issue started after upgrading my ssd for larger storage and...
  3. how do i enable secure boot if i cant disable csm support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i enable secure boot if i cant disable csm support: im 10 hours into this issue please helpin order to disable secure boot i need to disable csm support and restart my bios however the csm support re enables upon rebooting my computer after save and exit in bios. this issue started after upgrading my ssd for larger storage and...
  4. What is CSM Support in BIOS? How to enable or disable it?

in Windows 10 News
    What is CSM Support in BIOS? How to enable or disable it?: [IMG]CSM or Compatibility Support Mode is a part of UEFI Firmware and is used to make an operating system and other connected devices compatible with the UEFI. It is only used by devices when the application is not compatible with BIOS but UEFI. In this post, we will learn...
  5. I cant boot into bios after disabling CSM.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant boot into bios after disabling CSM.: Hello! I try to enable Secure Boot so that I can play Valorant on Windows 11. When i want to enable it it tells me to "Disable CSM first". After i disabled CSM, when i try to enter bios, it shows up zoomed in and i cant move my mouse anywhere, its blocked. But if i dont press...
  6. I cant boot into bios after disabling CSM.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant boot into bios after disabling CSM.: Hello! I try to enable Secure Boot so that I can play Valorant on Windows 11. When i want to enable it it tells me to "Disable CSM first". After i disabled CSM, when i try to enter bios, it shows up zoomed in and i cant move my mouse anywhere, its blocked. But if i dont press...
  7. Can't enable Ultrafast Boot in the BIOS, can't disable CSM in Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't enable Ultrafast Boot in the BIOS, can't disable CSM in Boot: I have just finished installing everything on my new system and realized that I can't enable Ultrafast Boot in the BIOS. Every time I enable it, it reverts to disabled. I'm using an NVM.e m.2 SSD (SK Hynix P31 Gold 1TB). Everything was set to UEFI during the installation...
  8. Disable CSM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable CSM: Hi, I am trying to disable CSM on my B450m Pro4 but if i turn it off my screen will go black until i clear the CMOS ( for my hackintosh). I had windows installed with bios UEFI mode (not legacy) and ssd formatted as GPT. Tried some random fix i found online and windows became...
  9. Csm or legacy options unavailable in bios.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Csm or legacy options unavailable in bios.: please help me my bios systeam have no csm or legacy options for that i cant install windows 10 by bootable usb drive. Device:Asus Model:x509fb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/csm-or-legacy-options-unavailable-in-bios/be1fbad3-d605-4436-b877-ef320804d407
  10. Disable CSM?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable CSM?: Hi. I recently disabled CSM in my bios and formatted my pc. Ive only tested kingdom come deliverance but be for I was getting 45fps to 30fps on ultra and constant judder on all graphic options. I was using in game FPS counter as I didn't want any thing like MSI after burner...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. should CSM be disabled in normal boot up

2. csm is disabled

3. how to enable csm support in bios for asus

4. what is the csm option in bios,
  5. asus bios csm option disabled,
  6. csm bios enable,
  7. csm bios disabled